Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Game thoughts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:
sbrown wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
from PFF

Quote:
Staley was the only one of the group to grade in the negative, though that has more to do with his having to deal with the Packers' only viable pass rushing threat in Matthews. Even the TEs got involved as Vernon Davis did his usual strong work sealing the edge. But the star of the day was Alex Boone who combined strong run blocking (+2.6) with a perfect day in pass protection (+1.4). Boone was the lead man pulling outside on two big runs by Gore and he was one of the main reasons Gore averaged 11.4 yards on runs off the RE.

Whitner (-1.9) and Goldson (-1.4) combined to miss five tackles, all of which came against the pass. Each of them also surrendered a TD.

Had it not been for a Randall Cobb punt return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter, the score would have been as lopsided as the action on the field
Applause

DIdnt come to troll but 49ers got their calls as well in the first half so I'd say the refereeing was even. Anyways wanted to say beat the Lions bad so we can get that first place in the division Cool

no problem man. I actually said that during the game. There was alot of hand checking down field that I thought we got away with. And everyone here knows I favor wr's so there was some slight sentiment for the GB wr's (but only for a slight second).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:
sbrown wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
from PFF

Quote:
Staley was the only one of the group to grade in the negative, though that has more to do with his having to deal with the Packers' only viable pass rushing threat in Matthews. Even the TEs got involved as Vernon Davis did his usual strong work sealing the edge. But the star of the day was Alex Boone who combined strong run blocking (+2.6) with a perfect day in pass protection (+1.4). Boone was the lead man pulling outside on two big runs by Gore and he was one of the main reasons Gore averaged 11.4 yards on runs off the RE.

Whitner (-1.9) and Goldson (-1.4) combined to miss five tackles, all of which came against the pass. Each of them also surrendered a TD.

Had it not been for a Randall Cobb punt return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter, the score would have been as lopsided as the action on the field
Applause

DIdnt come to troll but 49ers got their calls as well in the first half so I'd say the refereeing was even. Anyways wanted to say beat the Lions bad so we can get that first place in the division Cool

Not if Minnesota has anything to say about it Wink

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I did not read a single post yet, but did anyone else think that at the end of Gore's TD run there should have been an unnecessary roughness flag? I thought the hit was way late and very uncalled for. Anyone else...?

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Post Game thoughts? Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
I'll give a couple to start it off.

-Michael Crabtree and Alex Smith have a very good thing going. They are on the same page and Crabtree was an absolute monster when it came to moving the chains. Something we desperately need.

-The defense is still the best in the league. I have a feeling we have a Ravens like Blueprint. A defense that could last for a very.long.time.

-The offensive Line looked great. Joe Staley had an average game, i think we tend to be way too harsh on linemen(nature of the position). He was doing a great job on Clay for the first three quarter or so(I half expect oldman to correct me if he watches the game over again). But everyone else did an outstanding job.

-Moss is still very dangerous.

-Aldon and Brooks may form up to be one of the best OLB tandems in the league. Both looked really good.

To call the game Staley had "average" is a huge overstatement. He got owned the entire game, period. I hope I don't have to watch anything like that ever again, because it was unbearable. To see our franchise left tackle get thrown around like a rag doll for 4 quarters was straight up embarrassing. Staley better be fixing whatever was wrong ASAP or we're screwed.

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Post Game thoughts? Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
John232 wrote:

-Michael Crabtree and Alex Smith have a very good thing going. They are on the same page and Crabtree was an absolute monster when it came to moving the chains. Something we desperately need.

-The defense is still the best in the league. I have a feeling we have a Ravens like Blueprint. A defense that could last for a very.long.time.

-The offensive Line looked great. Joe Staley had an average game, i think we tend to be way too harsh on linemen(nature of the position). He was doing a great job on Clay for the first three quarter or so(I half expect oldman to correct me if he watches the game over again). But everyone else did an outstanding job.

-Aldon and Brooks may form up to be one of the best OLB tandems in the league. Both looked really good.

To call the game Staley had "average" is a huge overstatement. He got owned the entire game, period. I hope I don't have to watch anything like that ever again, because it was unbearable. To see our franchise left tackle get thrown around like a rag doll for 4 quarters was straight up embarrassing. Staley better be fixing whatever was wrong ASAP or we're screwed.

Maybe getting his nose broken on the first play kinda threw him off... I expect a good game from him this week. He wants to bounce back, I'm sure.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Swift21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Game thoughts? Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
John232 wrote:

Did you expect him to shut down Clay Matthews? Not happening without any help.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: