Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You're Lovie Smith, What do you do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
The GBP are going to be seriously irritated after getting handled by the SF 49ers. SF looked amazing. GB looked average.

The Bears looked out of synch against a team like the Colts. Andrew Luck had a solid debut.

If the Bears were to win in GB Thursday, it would be ST's that do it. Otherwise it is going to be painful to watch.

NFC North is going to be a season long brawl. Rolling Eyes

Did you watch the game after the first 5 minutes?...We were far from out of sync after that.

MadMike, Christian Ponder ranked 8th in passing Sunday against a very similar opponent as the Colts. Cutler ranked 11th. Rogers was 15th against the 49ers. It is presumed that Cutler has more to work with than Ponder. The Colts were still in the game in the 3rd Q.

If the Bears play Thursday like they played against the Colts, how do you think they will do?

They looked out of synch in a season openner. So did GB.

Your throwing out passing yards rankings after week 1 isn’t even finished Laughing…they hold zero relevance at this point…

If the Bears play the same as they did against the Colts and the Packers play the same as they did against the 49ers the Bears will win…the Packers offence only put up 15 points…and the punt return for a TD shouldn’t even had counted due to a missed call…they had zero balance because they couldn’t run the ball…and their D was worse than we faced against the Colts…you can say that the 9ers D is better than ours and I would agree with that…but you also have to take into account that our offence is better than the 49ers offence…we put up points forced turnovers and won the game by 20 points while sitting Urlacher and losing our #1 CB in Tillman to injury…all be it against a rookie QB and a rebuilding team but you can only play what is put in front of you…and in our case beat what is put in front of you.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't use yards as his ranking other wise Cutler would be 3rd, he used QB rating which Ponder got such a high rating due to being an efficient game manager.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
He didn't use yards as his ranking other wise Cutler would be 3rd, he used QB rating which Ponder got such a high rating due to being an efficient game manager.

Either way it's an irrelevant stat at this point of the season...which isn't even a week old Laughing
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is why you don't blitz Rodgers much...

Quote:
In 2011, Aaron Rodgers ranked number one in the NFL against the blitz with a 131.4 passer rating.

You get physical with his receivers to knock off the timing of routes and hope that the delay gives your front 4 time to get after him...the front 4 have to be creative.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
MM90 mentioned this too and I can't agree more, NO PREVENT DEFENSE!!! it just doesn't work period

Prevent defense works as designed. No big plays when you have a big lead; let the offense take the underneath stuff and keep the clock running.
The only thing prevent defense does is prevent the team running it from winning.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
MM90 mentioned this too and I can't agree more, NO PREVENT DEFENSE!!! it just doesn't work period

Prevent defense works as designed. No big plays when you have a big lead; let the offense take the underneath stuff and keep the clock running.
The only thing prevent defense does is prevent the team running it from winning.

I totally agree it allows bad teams to score in garbage time like the colts did late in the game

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:

It depends on circumstance, if you're in a close game, I hate it b/c you are giving up too much valuable yardage, in a blowout, it's actually quite effective, you take away the sidelines and make them work the middle of the field 10-12 yards at a time. It eats up clock, which is exactly what you want them to do.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:

It depends on circumstance, if you're in a close game, I hate it b/c you are giving up too much valuable yardage, in a blowout, it's actually quite effective, you take away the sidelines and make them work the middle of the field 10-12 yards at a time. It eats up clock, which is exactly what you want them to do.

I think why most people are saying the Bears are stupid for running it is that they ran it at the end of the 1st half of a still close game, if the Colts scored there it could?would have changed the momentum of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:

I think why most people are saying the Bears are stupid for running it is that they ran it at the end of the 1st half of a still close game, if the Colts scored there it could?would have changed the momentum of the game.
Ding ding ding!! We have a winner.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:

That is quite possibly one of the worst cliches in pro sports.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:

Ha ha ha!!! Of all the cliches in sports it is quite literally one of the ONLY ones that makes sense. Shame on you
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:

Ha ha ha!!! Of all the cliches in sports it is quite literally one of the ONLY ones that makes sense. Shame on you

The only people I've ever heard say "prevent defense prevents you from winning" are people who don't understand what prevent is.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you are talking about John Madden, or Brian Billick, then I agree. Just about every time I see a team be up by less than 17 with 4 minutes to go they make everything way harder for themselves than they have to by letting the other team march downfield and be gifted a score or more. If you are winning, there is a reason. You have been doing something right. The thinking that you should simply not allow the team to have a big play and ALLOW them to march down field is beyond me. And if you haven't seen games where teams have lost because of playing prevent, and I mean a lot of them, I clearly haven't been watching the same games you have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: