You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You're Lovie Smith, What do you do?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: You're Lovie Smith, What do you do? Reply with quote

if you had to draw up a game plan for thursday what would you do???

I would change our playcalling a little bit. We had a good outing today but I felt like we tried to force it to Marshall and force deep "homerun plays" way too much the first few series. once we started to run the ball and take the short, underneath throws this offense began to click. I would like to see more balance and play action in thursday's game.

defensively whatever the 49's did is good enough for me. despite a 4th quarter push they dominated aaron rodgers and the packers. we need to get in his face and force turnovers and play keep away and we'll be fine.

what would you do??

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Lovie Smith. I am unhappy and try not to show my emotions. That is my gameplan.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
I am Lovie Smith. I am unhappy and try not to show my emotions. That is my gameplan.

sad panda face

Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay off the refs so they call a penalty on GB every 5 plays.

Seriously though, rush A-Rod, jam the WRs at the line. Offensively, keep a good balance of run and pass. Jay needs to utilize his weapons, dont throw into double coverage much. With GB focusing on Forte and Marshall, throw more to Bennett, Jeffery, Davis, and Hester. Draw a few plays up to have both Forte and Bush on the field at the same time.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gotta put the pedal to the metal from the coin toss on. No prevent, even at the end of the half if they get the ball with 30 seconds left. We get up 14, punch em in the mouth for more. Roll Jay out, and roll protection when necessary.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contain Rogers in the pocket, i feel he is more dangerous when he gets out of the pocket and buys his receivers more time to get open, and of course keep the ball out of his hands.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm Lovie Smith I'm doing what I've always done and has made me a successful coach. I'm going to play my scheme defensively, and I'm going to let my OC be in charge of the offense.

IOW I'm going to show my 2 shell every snap and let 54 make the adjustments at the line (the defensive Peyton Manning). I would however always line Jennings on Jennings (least mismatch) and Tillman on Nelson.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offensively…

I put my foot on their throat from the start of the game…San Francisco’s offence went for 377 yards…I think it’s fair to say we have more offensive firepower than the 49ers have…

I take advantage of Clay Matthews aggressiveness…he had 2.5 sacks against the 9ers and will be thinking he can have a field day against Webb…I run screens to his side (we didn’t put the screen game on film much against the Colts)…I’m also running plenty of draws off tackle against both OLBs…

I add a package to take advantage of personal mismatches…Nick Perry looked terrible in coverage against the 9ers…I add plays that split Forte out to his side and gives us an empty backfield…if Perry comes on the blitz Forte should be open for a quick hit…if he tries to cover Forte…Jay gets more time and the likely hood is that Perry still won’t be able to hang with Forte in coverage…

I continue to line Marshall up in different spots to look for the mismatch…I attack CB Jarrett Bush any time I see him in one on one man coverage against any of our WRs…I look for Earl Bennett in the slot when the packers aren’t in nickel as I know Charles Woodson isn’t going to be playing the nickel…

I continue to use the TEs to protect the OTs rather than as receivers…let’s get things right at the LOS to get Jay comfortable first and let the outside guys make the big plays.

Defensively…

I force the packers to be one dimensional by stopping the run…no matter how good an offence is if you take away the running game you put them at a disadvantage…against the 9ers the pack ran the ball on purpose 9 times throwing it 44 times…with that kind of balance any team will struggle…

I use Peppers inside in nickel situations…Rodgers has great mobility but if you come at him right up the barrel with Peppers and Melton you are forcing him to use that mobility to the outside…no QB throws the ball better on the run than they do when they can set their feet…let’s get him on the move and rattled…

I hope Tillman can play and match him up on Nelson and let Jennings go against Jennings…Tim Jennings had a great game against the Colts…the one bad receptions he gave up was against the 6-3” former Bear Kris Adams…at 5-8” he is simply a mismatch against anyone so tall…but against Greg Jennings he has the speed and agility to match up…I also never match a LB up on Cobb even if he is in the backfield…I have D.J Moore on the field as much as possible…

I don’t play prevent D at any point…yes it runs down the clock and forces the opposing offence to execute but the packers offence is too good to do that…I run my base D but never prevent…our base shell D is a safe enough offence to play on any snap…

The other thing I do for the D is to try and keep them off the field…Urlacher, Conte, Paea all just back from injury…possibly Tillman will be playing banged up and Peppers foot isn’t 100% either…against the Colts we held the ball for almost 35:30 minutes…if we can do that again against the packers it’s a massive step towards a victory.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
We gotta put the pedal to the metal from the coin toss on. No prevent, even at the end of the half if they get the ball with 30 seconds left. We get up 14, punch em in the mouth for more. Roll Jay out, and roll protection when necessary.

MM90 mentioned this too and I can't agree more, NO PREVENT DEFENSE!!! it just doesn't work period

Badger75

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GBP are going to be seriously irritated after getting handled by the SF 49ers. SF looked amazing. GB looked average.

The Bears looked out of synch against a team like the Colts. Andrew Luck had a solid debut.

If the Bears were to win in GB Thursday, it would be ST's that do it. Otherwise it is going to be painful to watch.

NFC North is going to be a season long brawl. Rolling Eyes
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
The GBP are going to be seriously irritated after getting handled by the SF 49ers. SF looked amazing. GB looked average.

The Bears looked out of synch against a team like the Colts. Andrew Luck had a solid debut.

If the Bears were to win in GB Thursday, it would be ST's that do it. Otherwise it is going to be painful to watch.

Did you watch the game after the first 5 minutes?...We were far from out of sync after that.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: You're Lovie Smith, What do you do? Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
if you had to draw up a game plan for thursday what would you do???

I would change our playcalling a little bit. We had a good outing today but I felt like we tried to force it to Marshall and force deep "homerun plays" way too much the first few series. once we started to run the ball and take the short, underneath throws this offense began to click. I would like to see more balance and play action in thursday's game.

defensively whatever the 49's did is good enough for me. despite a 4th quarter push they dominated aaron rodgers and the packers. we need to get in his face and force turnovers and play keep away and we'll be fine.

what would you do??
Run the ball. This is how the 49ers were able to win. It keeps Rodgers off the field. They have yet to figure out how to win games if he is standing on the sidelines.

Pressure Rodgers when he is on the field even if it means blitzing him.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
MM90 mentioned this too and I can't agree more, NO PREVENT DEFENSE!!! it just doesn't work period

Prevent defense works as designed. No big plays when you have a big lead; let the offense take the underneath stuff and keep the clock running.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the Bears win Thursday is simple: time of possession and turnover differential. You want to keep the ball away from Green Bay's offense and force their defense to stay on the field for some long drives. Wear out Green Bay's defense with either Forte or Bush, then sub in the other back down near the red zone. Use the run to set up big pass plays.

Also, pour it on. No lead is big enough. If the Bears find themselves up in this game, they can't let up. Play it like a playoff game.
Badger75

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Did you watch the game after the first 5 minutes?...We were far from out of sync after that.

MadMike, Christian Ponder ranked 8th in passing Sunday against a very similar opponent as the Colts. Cutler ranked 11th. Rogers was 15th against the 49ers. It is presumed that Cutler has more to work with than Ponder. The Colts were still in the game in the 3rd Q.

If the Bears play Thursday like they played against the Colts, how do you think they will do?

They looked out of synch in a season openner. So did GB.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: