Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: SF 30 GB 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game went exactly how I figured it would. That said, I'm far from worried at this point and have faith in the squad. A lot of young pieces that need reps on that D. Not sure how anyone didn't see this coming.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:

House won't help much this year. He'll be wearing a harness, and he's not on the same level as williams is. Williams wore a harness last year and looked pedestrian. House'll see the field, but I'm not expecting too much of him this year. Next year, different story.

Also, a little sick of Capers trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with this defense. There are so many playmakers, and they're getting lost in the "scheme". Coincidence that their first year in the system was the best? (simplified system)

Along those lines, we have a lot of physical corners playing zone. Is it just me or should they be playing more man? A lot of the communication errors would probably go away.

I think House can still help us, if anything he gives us the depth at CB we need with Woodson seeing more time at Safety.

Agree with your second point. Capers just doesn't seem to do a great job of adjusting when things are going bad. How about moving Clay around to start?

Very much agree with your third point. Outside of Hayward(right now), I'd argue that every one of our CBs are better suited playing man rather than zone. Collins loss cannot be understated either, we just haven't looked like the same Defense since he's gone down.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone explain why in the hell we had linebackers covering wrs in the first half?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also have to realize this Defense has essentially 5 new starters, and their unfortunately going to need some time to gel. Just gotta hope they get better next week and continue to improve as the season goes on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
packfan4 wrote:
The most frustrating thing about the Defense is the miscommunication in the secondary, guys pointing to each other looking like they have no idea what their individual assignments are. We need Davon House back sooner rather than later, Bush did a decent job in coverage but I'm just not sure he's going to hold up long term with Defense's keying on him. All in all we just got outplayed and outcoached by what looks like the best team in the NFL, not much else you can say. I hope the same team doesn't show up Thursday, can't afford to start the season 2 games behind the Bears.

House won't help much this year. He'll be wearing a harness, and he's not on the same level as williams is. Williams wore a harness last year and looked pedestrian. House'll see the field, but I'm not expecting too much of him this year. Next year, different story.

Also, a little sick of Capers trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with this defense. There are so many playmakers, and they're getting lost in the "scheme". Coincidence that their first year in the system was the best? (simplified system)

Along those lines, we have a lot of physical corners playing zone. Is it just me or should they be playing more man? A lot of the communication errors would probably go away.

Yes, I really hate the zone we run with a passion. Seeing our guys play so off and watching completions over and over is extremely frustrating.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
Can anyone explain why in the hell we had linebackers covering wrs in the first half?

It was sickening. Every reception was "Why was Nick Perry on (x)? Why was AJ Hawk on Randy Moss?".

Poor gameplan defensively. And a team like San Fran is well coached enough to take advantage of that.

vang_evo9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it! Gonna have to see Rodgers in 9ers jersey for a week now!!
packerfan50

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say, this is probably a good eye opener game for GB being that they are a walking target from last season even though they didn't make it to the Super Bowl. Lots of work to do in very little time, Chicago can very easily make this team 0-2 with poor play again. I have to wonder if Capers is really the answer at D Cordinator anymore, I know it's early and there are many new players, but how do you go from a top 10 defense 2 years ago to last last year and still not improve by this game somehow? Maybe expectations are too high for this team right now? All in all I was not impressed at all on either side of the ball and these Refs need to go!
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is why we should've got a whole new DC last season. it's like same ish, different day.

people on here always act like everyone overreacts, but sometimes big change is needed. one of the worst Ds ever by the numbers and we still looked the same today. i can handle giving up 30 points, but it's poor tackling, confusion in coverage, and just overall not seeming to have enough passion.

idk what to think about this game. hope we're ready for thursday because chicago is gonna be a tough team this year.

El Ramster on the amazing work
MUOH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In games where Rodgers is less than perfect it is going to be a struggle for this team. Lucky for us Rodgers is really good and he gives the Pack a shot to win a majority of games. However, the margin of error for this team looks to be very, very thin.

The defense and run game are going to have to make dramatic improvements before this team can consistently compete against upper echelon NFL teams because when Rodgers fails to put up a 100+ QBR this team has got very little.

Hopeful that they can get some of these things fixed but I am just not seeing it right now given that many of these problems are carrying over from last year. Not looking forward to the short week given how badly the defense played.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfan50 wrote:
Gotta say, this is probably a good eye opener game for GB being that they are a walking target from last season even though they didn't make it to the Super Bowl. Lots of work to do in very little time, Chicago can very easily make this team 0-2 with poor play again. I have to wonder if Capers is really the answer at D Cordinator anymore, I know it's early and there are many new players, but how do you go from a top 10 defense 2 years ago to last last year and still not improve by this game somehow? Maybe expectations are too high for this team right now? All in all I was not impressed at all on either side of the ball and these Refs need to go!

Agree with everything here.

I think it does come down to what they're teaching. The 9ers weren't a great team before Harbaugh took over. They've done a COMPLETE 180 by being taught the fundamentals. I wouldn't be calling for McCarthys name just yet...but he continually preaches the fundamentals in his pressers...yet that's what we cannot seem to do right.

We are not assignment sure, we make costly mistakes such as penalties, drops, etc far too often. The 9ers did everything right and made some nice plays too. They didn't turn it over, they tackled properly, and they had excellent time management.

Hate to say it here, but I'm not sure why our coaches are teaching their players to barrel into the offensive player to make a tackle (going for the big hit on every play...?--while clearly missing many tackles in the process), and why we are so content to live and die by the pass. If Rodgers doesn't get going, or our WR have a case of the dropsies...we lose. Simple as that. And the 9ers put on a clinic today on how to beat the GB Packers. Not every team can do what they did, and I'm not sure I can name one that could do it as well...but d***, we couldn't hold a candle to the 9ers playing this game. We still were close at the end, but if we played half the game they did, we'd never lose.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come a its never a good team loses to a better team that got the job done? How come it is always fire everybody and everybody sucks? People need to jump off their ledges already and get it over with.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
this is why we should've got a whole new DC last season. it's like same ish, different day.

people on here always act like everyone overreacts, but sometimes big change is needed. one of the worst Ds ever by the numbers and we still looked the same today. i can handle giving up 30 points, but it's poor tackling, confusion in coverage, and just overall not seeming to have enough passion.

idk what to think about this game. hope we're ready for thursday because chicago is gonna be a tough team this year.

who would you have? Collins and Jenkins are the only two pieces missing on this defense from the super bowl team and they're HUGE pieces.

negatives:
looked almost just like last years defense. underneath was open all day long and got pushed around in the run game. Bush should be on ST only!

offensive line looks like it could be an issue considering the division we play in.

drops by Finley. is he going to have another year like last year and be terribly inconsistent? i hope not cause Rodgers was keying on him almost all night.

positives:
Cobb looked great out there. really the highlight of this game IMO. (GO BIG BLUE!!)

Clay looked explosive all game and Perry was involved when he was playing zone coverage against WRs.

Masthay had a really good game. field position can really help a struggling defense.

the sky is not falling but our division is going to be tough this year so we need to get the offense humming again and preferably get the defense turning the ball over.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
How come a its never a good team loses to a better team that got the job done? How come it is always fire everybody and everybody sucks? People need to jump off their ledges already and get it over with.

because some people like to look for solutions and causes of the problem instead of just saying "mehhhh"

it's called talking football, and it's what this site is about

El Ramster on the amazing work
.flash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:

I was one of the only supporters of firing Capers at the end of last season. I don't want to say fire his arse just yet this season (let's be honest, its only one game) - the offense certainly didn't help and there just wasn't any rhythm to this game due to the many interruptions by the refs. But, I will say I thought he deserved to be fired last season and the defense has started off the season just like it played all of last year.

I'm so sick of Woodson grabbing onto every WR's jersey. I'm done with Jarrett Bush's cockiness. He gets up after every play and dances around 10x worse than Finley has ever done. Plus, he's just like Woodson with his propensity to hold and tug at anyone coming his way. I don't even understand what's going on at the safety position anymore. Are we playing safety by committee? Is that really the best we can do? Does our team even practice tackling? How is it that, even when we run base 3-4 against a run play, Gore or Hunter are still taking it 4 yards. I see the 49ers D go base and Benson hits a wall with a gain of, at most, 2 yards. I'm done with absolute mismatches: Why would you ever put Nick Perry on Michael Crabtree? I get it, maybe you get out of position and it happens once a game, but for it to happen on multiple occasions is just embarrassing.

Its just one game, blah blah blah, yeah but this D hasn't done anything to show they're better than last season. I wholeheartedly believe they are, but that doesn't mean I can't be angry with Dom Capers after performances like these. Hope he feels some heat on that seat of his way up in the boxes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: