Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: SF 30 GB 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blank402

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we didn't trade James Jones now. With Jennings and Nelson getting blanketed it was nice to see him and Cobb step up. Finley too.

That's about the only positive thing I have to say.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Driver...he just swallowing money at this point?
Packerbacker93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to sound crazy after 1 loss, but does anyone think it's time Capers left and we promoted someone like perry or greene.

I mean in 2 seasons we have added so many players to defense with little improvement.

House
Smith
Perry
Worthy
Hayward
McMillian

Those are guys i think had a legit chance to improve our defense, not to mention players improving with experience.

Again not trying to sound bitter about 1 lose, just how i feel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only saw the first half (had another obligation during the second half), but here are my thoughts.

~ The offense seemed to run much more efficiently when they went to the hurry up as opposed to the normal offense. Seems to be the same mistake the Packers did in the Chiefs last year when they wanted to be real methodical rather than going with what was working.

~ Rodgers wasn't not sharp today. He got better as the game wore on, but overall I was underwhelmed with him.

~ Pass rush I was pleased with, particularly from Clay Matthews. Hopefully, it continues but I'd like to see more push from the defensive line. I felt like a lot of the pressure came from Matthews and designed packages.

~ The secondary on the other hand looked atrocious. There were so many holes in our zone where there wasn't a defender around for ten yards. I'd like to see them mix in some bump and run with our corners.

~ Finley's hands were as good as I remember them pre-2010. Just seemed to have held onto the balls that he would have dropped last year.
Blank402

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerbacker93 wrote:
I don't want to sound crazy after 1 loss, but does anyone think it's time Capers left and we promoted someone like perry or greene.

I mean in 2 seasons we have added so many players to defense with little improvement.

House
Smith
Perry
Worthy
Hayward
McMillian

Those are guys i think had a legit chance to improve our defense, not to mention players improving with experience.

Yeah, I don't want to be "that guy" but I was for getting rid of him after last year. It seems like every team he's been with had a good defense the first couple of years he was there and then tanked.

But to be fair all those players we added that you listed are rookies except Smith and House.
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blank402 wrote:
Packerbacker93 wrote:

House
Smith
Perry
Worthy
Hayward
McMillian

Yeah, I don't want to be "that guy" but I was for getting rid of him after last year. It seems like every team he's been with had a good defense the first couple of years he was there and then tanked.

But to be fair all those players we added that you listed are rookies except Smith and House.
I think that it's also tough when you look at the fact that we've lost 2 of our most important defenders because of injuries the last couple of years (collins, bishop). I still think once we get House back on the field and get McMillan or the doctor some good experience we'll be fine. We just came up against the worst possible team week one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerbacker93 wrote:

Just because we add talent doesn't mean the talent is ready to play or fits in the mold of the defense. Of the guys you listed, two of them are second year players in the system so I'd expect them to have an impact. Had it not been for his shoulder injury, House likely would have seen significant amount of playing time. D.J. Smith was forced into action because of injury. Other than that, you listed a bunch of rookies. When you amass as much talent and depth as we have, rookies aren't as likely to break into significant impact roles.

Wanting to get rid of Capers simply because he's had a bad year is crazy. If we fired McCarthy after our offense failed to perform, how do you think we'd be doing? Capers probably has another year or two anyways. I don't think he plans on coaching for much longer. As for your suggested replacements, Perry is the only one I'd be comfortable with. Greene is well too green (pun intended). It's too bad Keith Butler wouldn't leave PIT for anything short of a HC gig, because I'd love to see him as our DC.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to you guys for the rest of the way. This is the second time in my lifetime that we have beaten you guys (LOL) and I grew up hating farve with a passion but I dont really resent your team or fans really (except for my ex roommate lol) and losing week one sucks but its not the end of the world. keep your heads up.

Next time maybe you shouldnt predict the game to be so much of a "laugher"

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
jiggad369

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing i don't get is the hate on benson and the running game. he still needs time to adjust in addition to the fact that we just played the best d against the run.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Dear Jay Cutler,
Sorry you got diabetes.
Love, Cookies.
packfan4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most frustrating thing about the Defense is the miscommunication in the secondary, guys pointing to each other looking like they have no idea what their individual assignments are. We need Davon House back sooner rather than later, Bush did a decent job in coverage but I'm just not sure he's going to hold up long term with Defense's keying on him. All in all we just got outplayed and outcoached by what looks like the best team in the NFL, not much else you can say. I hope the same team doesn't show up Thursday, can't afford to start the season 2 games behind the Bears.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negatives:
- Tackling, specifically the Gore run (Burnett showed no effort)
- Pass D, the miscommunication from last yr is still there
- Penalties, Although the horrible refs played a hand in that
- Drops, Finley again had a couple
- No offensive rhythm until late in the game
- Throwing deep on 3rd and 1
- Porous run D

Positives:
- Cobb was a beast, and him coming out of the backfield was genius
- Clay was beasting
- The pass rush looked improved a bit
- O-line did a decent job vs some good pass rushers
- It's only week 1, we will get better

Bring on Da Bears.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
Good luck to you guys for the rest of the way. This is the second time in my lifetime that we have beaten you guys (LOL) and I grew up hating farve with a passion but I dont really resent your team or fans really (except for my ex roommate lol) and losing week one sucks but its not the end of the world. keep your heads up.

Next time maybe you shouldnt predict the game to be so much of a "laugher"

No one predicted this to be a "laugher". Everyone knew it would be a close game.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfan4 wrote:
The most frustrating thing about the Defense is the miscommunication in the secondary, guys pointing to each other looking like they have no idea what their individual assignments are. We need Davon House back sooner rather than later, Bush did a decent job in coverage but I'm just not sure he's going to hold up long term with Defense's keying on him. All in all we just got outplayed and outcoached by what looks like the best team in the NFL, not much else you can say. I hope the same team doesn't show up Thursday, can't afford to start the season 2 games behind the Bears.

House won't help much this year. He'll be wearing a harness, and he's not on the same level as williams is. Williams wore a harness last year and looked pedestrian. House'll see the field, but I'm not expecting too much of him this year. Next year, different story.

Also, a little sick of Capers trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with this defense. There are so many playmakers, and they're getting lost in the "scheme". Coincidence that their first year in the system was the best? (simplified system)

Along those lines, we have a lot of physical corners playing zone. Is it just me or should they be playing more man? A lot of the communication errors would probably go away.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can all agree that the defense was pathetic, but didn't we expect some growing pains? All in all, they gave the offense a chance to get it tied up at the end but we couldn't do it. It wasn't pretty, but alot of new faces and spots are being occupied by different people. Let's give them a few weeks before we lose all hope eh?
Hobbes09

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very difficult to grade this game. I hate blaming refs for anything because bad calls are simply going to happen, but they completely overtook this game. Missed pass interferences all over the place, missed holds, hell even miss false starts. Then when penalties WERE called, they were called incorrectly.

Teams can't play games like this. 49ers came out of it looking better, but I'll be damned if the constant string of random penalties or obvious no-calls didn't completely screw up the rhythm of the game. Which is a damned shame because it looked like it would be a very good game otherwise.

Anyway, Rodgers is still not on. His deep ball has not been there all preseason and now into regular season. All the finger-pointing at Bush is getting really over-the-top. Enough's enough. Bush didn't play that great a game, but Burnett and McMllian were off coverage all game long along with Shields, and Hawk and Perry are not meant for covering the players they were stuck on. Bush was not the problem with the defense in this game. Our problems mostly revolved around stopping the run and, frankly, Bush is one of the best tacklers on the team.

Last edited by Hobbes09 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: