Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: SF 30 GB 22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
words

Applause

Bravo CentralFC. Great post. To answer some Q's you posed, I do hope we roll with Jerron McMillian opposite Burnett. I didn't get a chance to see him vs Jennngs in the game, but it's something I'm going to look at in rewind. Perry definitely had a decent game. Daniels was inactive. Worthy replaced Wilson in base D I believe. Definitely want to watch his snaps again. Definitely agree on Bishop being one of the few to punch someone in the mouth on the other side. Really hope DJ Smith can get that in his game, because if Hawk doesn't have it at this point, he never will. Maybe McMillian gets it going for us or Perry. It wasn't really part of Perry's college game, but with his bull, maybe Greene is getting him to show some nasty.

Please let me know what he looked like. I didn't see any obvious breakdowns in the second half and that was reassuring. The improvement was obvious.

I know Daniels was inactive, but he's a guy that I'm looking to for contributions from an interior pass-rush standpoint - our biggest weakness in my opinion at this point.

Either way, the problems we face are issues that are corrected with time. San Francisco took advantage of our errors (namely Rodgers' INT, Matthews' roughing the passer, defensive PI, etc). That was the difference.

Also, thanks for the kind words. Thanks for reading!

So I just purchased Game Rewind since I got a couple bucks in my account and now I can't watch it since there is NFL football on. I guess when games are on, you can't watch it.

Makes 0 sense. But at least football IS on.

Watch for the safeties, Worthy's snaps, and possibly Heyward if you get the chance. It'd be much appreciated!
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

Watch for the safeties, Worthy's snaps, and possibly Heyward if you get the chance. It'd be much appreciated!

They want you to watch the live product. Ratings mean everything. They already got my money for rewind. They can do what they want.

Will do. Will also watch Perry's snaps again to see how he did. Saw Clay apply a lot of pressure. Really want to see Perry.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

They want you to watch the live product. Ratings mean everything. They already got my money for rewind. They can do what they want.

Will do. Will also watch Perry's snaps again to see how he did. Saw Clay apply a lot of pressure. Really want to see Perry.

Sounds good. Clay was a monster. Absolutely destroyed that side of the line all day.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Sounds good. Clay was a monster. Absolutely destroyed that side of the line all day.

If I can, I'll chart some snaps and draw em up to show everyone what happened, what should of happened, etc.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pack4to84 wrote:
So when do the Packers have to announce the activation of Walden to the roster? and who do we cut?

I heard they cut a Brandon Ross to make room for Walden. I wonder if Erik can play safety? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
The improvements made over a span of three quarters by that defense was impressive. I think it lacks the toughness to hang with the likes of Baltimore and San Francisco, those being the two teams I think have the best odds of beating our finesse style of play consistently.

The secondary looked better and we'll only improve with the addition of House and even Walden in obvious passing situations. I'm not sure who played opposite of Burnett in the second half (Mac?) but it looked better and there were fewer break downs.

Similar to Waldo's theory a year ago, I firmly believe we roll with Jerome opposite Burnett. Not only does he provide a physical presence at the line of scrimmage, but the kid's young and will be given time to develop. With Jennings, I don't think we improve over the course of this season AS MUCH as we would with someone known to tackle (a clear weakness) and willing to tackle (a clear weakness).

Either way, Perry added something HUGE to the defensive unit. Worthy and Daniels need to step it up a bit and will with more time. Is Worthy's style something that can improve over 17 weeks or is he a year or two away from being a presence? Will Daniels add something to the interior rush, a problem we still had despite an increased amount of pressure with DBs and Perry/Matthews?

Regardless, I look at it this way: we have several unknowns on the defensive side of the ball. Did everything go perfectly? No. Are we in better shape than a year ago? Definitely. We have the TOOLS to succeed on that side of the ball; we need time and we need one or two guys to step up and punch the guy across from him in the mouth. That's what we lost with Bishop and we don't have an answer right now, but we have time to find one.

Lastly, we committed an uncharacteristic amount of penalties, turned the ball over in our half, didn't slide at the end of the first half and prevent a record field goal, and in general didn't play disciplined Packer football. And we still lost by 8 with a chance to tie against the premier team in the NFC and arguably one of the league's best defenses.

We're fine.

Daniels was inactive yesterday. I think yesterday's game opened up a few eyes on our young defenders and they should have a better accounting of themselves Thursday night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
The improvements made over a span of three quarters by that defense was impressive. I think it lacks the toughness to hang with the likes of Baltimore and San Francisco, those being the two teams I think have the best odds of beating our finesse style of play consistently.

The secondary looked better and we'll only improve with the addition of House and even Walden in obvious passing situations. I'm not sure who played opposite of Burnett in the second half (Mac?) but it looked better and there were fewer break downs.

Similar to Waldo's theory a year ago, I firmly believe we roll with Jerome opposite Burnett. Not only does he provide a physical presence at the line of scrimmage, but the kid's young and will be given time to develop. With Jennings, I don't think we improve over the course of this season AS MUCH as we would with someone known to tackle (a clear weakness) and willing to tackle (a clear weakness).

Either way, Perry added something HUGE to the defensive unit. Worthy and Daniels need to step it up a bit and will with more time. Is Worthy's style something that can improve over 17 weeks or is he a year or two away from being a presence? Will Daniels add something to the interior rush, a problem we still had despite an increased amount of pressure with DBs and Perry/Matthews?

Regardless, I look at it this way: we have several unknowns on the defensive side of the ball. Did everything go perfectly? No. Are we in better shape than a year ago? Definitely. We have the TOOLS to succeed on that side of the ball; we need time and we need one or two guys to step up and punch the guy across from him in the mouth. That's what we lost with Bishop and we don't have an answer right now, but we have time to find one.

Lastly, we committed an uncharacteristic amount of penalties, turned the ball over in our half, didn't slide at the end of the first half and prevent a record field goal, and in general didn't play disciplined Packer football. And we still lost by 8 with a chance to tie against the premier team in the NFC and arguably one of the league's best defenses.

We're fine.

Daniels was inactive yesterday. I think yesterday's game opened up a few eyes on our young defenders and they should have a better accounting of themselves Thursday night.

That's why I said "Will he?" rather than attempting to rationalize why he didn't.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too worried. One of the worst games I've ever seen Rodgers play since he's been a Packer. Deep ball was off, throwing into obvious coverage, accuracy in general was bad, and never seemed to get a rhythm whatsoever. Jennings was invisible, o-line was decent, Nelson had a few good plays. Outside of Cobb, Jones was the only player getting consistently open. Finley was alright. Had that key 3rd down drop, but if Rodgers doesn't throw it at his feet and puts it between his numbers, who knows?

I'd say the only great players yesterday were Cobb and Matthews. Cobb is going to be a terror this year. Beast in the return game, beast out of the backfield, beast in the slot. Gonna be a crazy weapon.

I think it's inevitable that the offense gels/clicks and gets back to top form, but if the defense doesn't follow along, it's going to be the exact same as last year. We are going to have to track meet every team and win 35-31 and hope we get the ball last.

Defense is definitely not good enough to win a Superbowl, but it's a long season. We'll see.

R-E-L-A-X
skurey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
skurey wrote:
When's the last time Rodgers' won a game?

Last year. I think he won 14 of them.

was a joke bro, step away from the ledge
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that Driver was wide open on the last play for an easy TD down the middle of the field.

Curious if there's any video on that.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Driver was wide open on the last play for an easy TD down the middle of the field.

Curious if there's any video on that.

Can't wait for all-22 to come out on rewind.

Sig brought to you by Justo
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

I admittedly wasn't watching him the whole time, but I don't think I once noticed him get up field quickly then dip that shoulder. We know he can bull rush...so will every RT he faces from here on out until he learns to do anything else. At this point I'm still not sold he's any better than Walden at rushing the passer (though he has more upside)...hopefully both get snaps on Thursday, give the o-line different things to deal with while Clay goes to work on the other end.

Stone65 with the sig!
Blank402

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

I admittedly wasn't watching him the whole time, but I don't think I once noticed him get up field quickly then dip that shoulder. We know he can bull rush...so will every RT he faces from here on out until he learns to do anything else. At this point I'm still not sold he's any better than Walden at rushing the passer (though he has more upside)...hopefully both get snaps on Thursday, give the o-line different things to deal with while Clay goes to work on the other end.

It seems to me that Perry relying on his bullrush seems to be design. As in, that's what his coaches are telling him to do.
49ersalldaway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a youtube link to the entire game on youtube that cuts out everything after the play ends to the snap of football

is it agains thte rules if i post it

(btw as a niner fan i am not posting it to be an [inappropriate/removed] or anything just so you guys can "review the film")
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersalldaway wrote:
i have a youtube link to the entire game on youtube that cuts out everything after the play ends to the snap of football

is it agains thte rules if i post it

(btw as a niner fan i am not posting it to be an [inappropriate/removed] or anything just so you guys can "review the film")

pm sent... appreciate it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: