Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Complete this Mock Draft II
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Complete this Mock Draft II Reply with quote

1[14] S Calvin Pryor [Louisville] 5'11" 208lbs. [4.58 40, 18 reps, 34.5" vertical]

The Bears biggest need on the defense is safety where they do not have a legitimate NFL starter and their plan is to start 2 back up caliber safeties. Pryor may not have the physical measurables that Emery desires, but he does something that Emery loves and that is have an explosive impact on the game.

-Pryor forced 5 turnovers last season, which are the big plays that Emery loves. Pryor can be reckless and a little out of control, but he plays fast and he makes big, game changing plays.

-Pryor is a violent hitter and can turn the tide of the game and generate momentum. He brings a physical presence to the safety position. To often last season the Bears safeties were physically pushed around in the run game and no one is afraid of them across the middle.

Pryor is a versatile defender. He is physical enough to play close to the line of scrimmage and to blitz and be aggressive in run support. Pryor also has the range and closing speed to play the deep zone. I would not ask Pryor to cover a lot man to man.

2[51]

3[82]

4[117]

5[156]

6[183]

6[191]
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is a little tougher for me because I do not like the 2nd round DT talent as much as I like the S and CB depth.

2[51] CB Phillip Gaines [Rice]

3[82] DT Da`Quan Jones [Penn State]

4[117] S Dion Bailey [USC]

5[156] RB/WR Dri Archer [Kent State]

6[183] TE Richard Rodgers [Cal]

6[191] QB Bryn Renner [UNC]
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easley
Roberson
Tripp
Murray
Gallon
Ikard
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
This one is a little tougher for me because I do not like the 2nd round DT talent as much as I like the S and CB depth.

Dominique Easley is a guy I think has a legit shot at being there @51 and He's my #2 DT in this draft class.. If he didn't tear his ACL he's a top 15 pick IMO.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Dominique Easley is a guy I think has a legit shot at being there @51 and He's my #2 DT in this draft class.. If he didn't tear his ACL he's a top 15 pick IMO.

If he had not torn his ACL for a 2nd time.

He is a major medical red flag on a DL that was crippled by ACLs last season.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

If he had not torn his ACL for a 2nd time.

He is a major medical red flag on a DL that was crippled by ACLs last season.

Honestly man, in this day in age with the advancement in medical practices, ACL tears aren't do or die anymore. Especially with these athletes, it just comes down to how you approach it mentally and I'm fairly certain your unaware of Easley's current mental state in relevance to his injury. One of the most confident, positive outlooks I've ever heard from an athlete. The ways he could be used in our scheme would be unmatched. Especially in comparison to all these one-dimensional NT's I keep see getting mocked in the 3rd/4th(Daquan Jones/Justin Ellis). Easley has lined up at DE/3T/NT, he "transcends scheme" probably moreso than any other DT besides maybe Hageman. And the difference in explosiveness between the two is night and day. I see a much more polished/explosive Greg Hardy at the same points in their careers.

DE: Jared Allen... Willie Young
NT: Jeremiah Ratliff... Stephen Paea
DT: Dominique Easley... Nate Collins... Israel Idonije
DE: Lamarr Houston... David Bass... Cornelious Washington

I think we keep 10DL this year, that 10 is absolutely a complete 360 from last season.

DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easley is 2nd day pick. He needed his senior year to prove he can perform again and to prove he can stay healthy. He didn't do that. After that I doubt we hear his name til day 3. Late day 2 maybe but I'm just not sold I can pull the trigger on him in round 3.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Easley is 2nd day pick. He needed his senior year to prove he can perform again and to prove he can stay healthy. He didn't do that. After that I doubt we hear his name til day 3. Late day 2 maybe but I'm just not sold I can pull the trigger on him in round 3.

You say he's a 2nd day pick and then you say he's a day 3 pick. Which do you think?
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

You say he's a 2nd day pick and then you say he's a day 3 pick. Which do you think?

LOL. Hit it right on the head. Damike has a tendency to think he knows everything. You absolutely have no credibility to me in any area of scouting if you think Dominique Easley is a day 3 pick... You'll never respond back to me and cower in your sorrows like ChicagoAl did after the Tavon Austin debacle. Dominique Easley will be a top 64 pick.

DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

LOL. Hit it right on the head. Damike has a tendency to think he knows everything. You absolutely have no credibility to me in any area of scouting if you think Dominique Easley is a day 3 pick... You'll never respond back to me and cower in your sorrows like ChicagoAl did after the Tavon Austin debacle. Dominique Easley will be a top 64 pick.

As well as you have the same credibility as him for scouting. Absolutely none. Your just a arm chair quarterback just like everyone else on the site.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

There's a range to where I think he could go. I could take him in round 3 but would prefer 4.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Easley is coming off a major injury and lets not act like he's Aaron Donald. He could go in round 2 but I don't think he's worth that to us.

No one cowers to you son. We more laugh at what little college kids like you think of themselves.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

No one cowers to you son. We more laugh at what little college kids like you think of themselves.

Who is this 'we' you speak of? Are you farming out your account to a group of people?

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

As well as you have the same credibility as him for scouting. Absolutely none. Your just a arm chair quarterback just like everyone else on the site.

Be that as it may, not all forum members are created equally, to put it politely.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Easley is coming off a major injury and lets not act like he's Aaron Donald. He could go in round 2 but I don't think he's worth that to us.

People in college don't have any credibility? Might as well go delete my account now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: