Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is everyone coping in the quiet period? Anyone got the itch for football yet?

I'd been enjoying the Summer, mostly playing and watching cricket. But in the last week or so I've massively got the itch for soccer and the NFL to come back. I want those winter nights staying up 'til 4:30am again, buying an energy drink in the day and being buzzing when I crack it open at 1am, going in to Uni the next day only having about 3 hours sleep because I stayed up to watch some awful game (Titans/Jets on Thursday night comes to mind last season). I remember the win over the Cowboys last year, it finished at about 4:45am here but couldn't sleep until about 6am because I was so excited after that game. Watching Gameday morning, then the Bears, then the last 3 hours of redzone, then SNF. Hurry up September, I want the NFL back Sad
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 0 || Interceptions || Forced Fumbles: 0
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
How is everyone coping in the quiet period? Anyone got the itch for football yet?

Actually I'm good for a little while. The Hawks have had such an intense playoff series that I haven't even noticed football was gone, and we're already a month from training cap.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:

Actually I'm good for a little while. The Hawks have had such an intense playoff series that I haven't even noticed football was gone, and we're already a month from training cap.

Agreed - the late Cup run has helped bridge the gap big time. TC is only a month away!

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Pinky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:

I'd been enjoying the Summer, mostly playing and watching cricket. But in the last week or so I've massively got the itch for soccer and the NFL to come back. I want those winter nights staying up 'til 4:30am again, buying an energy drink in the day and being buzzing when I crack it open at 1am, going in to Uni the next day only having about 3 hours sleep because I stayed up to watch some awful game (Titans/Jets on Thursday night comes to mind last season). I remember the win over the Cowboys last year, it finished at about 4:45am here but couldn't sleep until about 6am because I was so excited after that game. Watching Gameday morning, then the Bears, then the last 3 hours of redzone, then SNF. Hurry up September, I want the NFL back Sad

Don't call it that. Don't you ever call it that.
raq11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:

couldn't be more excited for this upcoming fall. Exciting new Bears offense, and every EPL match, every week, through NBC. Lots of couch time
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinky wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:

Don't call it that. Don't you ever call it that.

I'm just showing off that I can speak both English and American.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 0 || Interceptions || Forced Fumbles: 0
Landru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:

CFL just started, so I'm good. Got season tickets to the Ti-cats this year!
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tribune reported today that Michael Bush sustained a serious shoulder injury vs. Green Bay in week 2 last season. This explains why he was so underutilized down the stretch last season.

I mean, besides the myriad of strange offensive decisions made under Lovie Smith.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to focus on the Bulls building towards a championship, but instead they continue to be conservative and boring.

I have turned my attention to the Pelicans who are making moves and who have a cool name.

Thanks Gar Forman
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I was hoping to focus on the Bulls building towards a championship, but instead they continue to be conservative and boring.

I have turned my attention to the Pelicans who are making moves and who have a cool name.

Thanks Gar Forman

In all fairness his hands seem pretty tied with the cap…and the guys making the big money are either guys you really don’t want to lose…i.e. Rose, Deng or Noah or guys who other teams won’t want to play big money for i.e. Boozer.
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Thanks Gar Forman

In all fairness his hands seem pretty tied with the cap…and the guys making the big money are either guys you really don’t want to lose…i.e. Rose, Deng or Noah or guys who other teams won’t want to play big money for i.e. Boozer.

I've lost a TON of interest in the NBA over the past few years - a combination of LeBron and the Heat winning with Rose not playing has really ruined it for me I think. But this is essentially the same roster the Bulls had when they got the #1 seed a couple of years ago. They don't have the Bench Mob any more, but guys like Bellinelli and Butler have really stepped up.

Anyone know much about Mike Dunleavy Jr.? He appears to be the Bulls prize FA this year.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Thanks Gar Forman

I've lost a TON of interest in the NBA over the past few years - a combination of LeBron and the Heat winning with Rose not playing has really ruined it for me I think. But this is essentially the same roster the Bulls had when they got the #1 seed a couple of years ago. They don't have the Bench Mob any more, but guys like Bellinelli and Butler have really stepped up.

Anyone know much about Mike Dunleavy Jr.? He appears to be the Bulls prize FA this year.

Bellinelli went to the spurs

CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Thanks Gar Forman

Bellinelli went to the spurs

Damn...didn't know that.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

Dunleavy hit on 0.428% of his 3pt shots last year which would be a significant increase off the bench from last year…his role will be to knock down open 3s when Rose drives to the basket and kicks it back.
G08

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunleavy and the rookie Snell are going to offer solid shooting options off the bench. I think Jimmy Buckets takes over the 2 guard spot as well; here's to hoping Rose and he make a solid backcourt pairing for years to come.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 53 of 100

Jump to: