Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Correct me if im missing some one. But is just Briggs, Tillman and Hester the only ones left from the super bowl run in 06?

Also: Gould, Garza, Mannelly, and Idonije could resign at some point.

Right. I new there was more. Was having a mager brain fart.

I wonder if Marc will adopt the Devin fart option lol

It was the Devin.Fart option. Lets be sure we're clear. Cool

Devin.Fart accurately describes Hester's offensive career.
Walshy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Adam Rank

"Brian Urlacher was a good player for a long time with the Bears, and easily one of the all-time favorites in the Windy City. But can you really say he is a lock for the Hall of Fame? I don't think you can.

There are a number of things that are going against him. For starters, Urlacher is not the best Bears linebacker of all time. He might even rank fourth on the lists of those who know their franchise history. (Bill George -- Google him.) Critics will also question his durability and the lack of a Super Bowl title. Not to mention, he'll be up against Ray Lewis when both players become eligible for the Hall of Fame in five years."

That might be the worst argument ever.... Saying that someone isn't a lock just because there were other Bear's greats at his position is so dumb. Especially since you can make a case that he was better than Bill George and Singletary.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
From Adam Rank

"Brian Urlacher was a good player for a long time with the Bears, and easily one of the all-time favorites in the Windy City. But can you really say he is a lock for the Hall of Fame? I don't think you can.

There are a number of things that are going against him. For starters, Urlacher is not the best Bears linebacker of all time. He might even rank fourth on the lists of those who know their franchise history. (Bill George -- Google him.) Critics will also question his durability and the lack of a Super Bowl title. Not to mention, he'll be up against Ray Lewis when both players become eligible for the Hall of Fame in five years."

That might be the worst argument ever.... Saying that someone isn't a lock just because there were other Bear's greats at his position is so dumb. Especially since you can make a case that he was better than Bill George and Singletary.

Two of his major points can also work the other way…he says the history of the Bears MLB position works against him…IMO it works for him…everyone knows that Urlacher at the very least is comparable to those three players…if not better than them…so if they are in the HoF then why would you not vote Urlacher in…same goes for him thinking that Ray Lewis going in in the same year hurts Urlacher…it doesn’t because everyone views Lewis as a lock to be a first ballot HoFer…but if you compare Urlacher & Lewis’ careers they are comparable…so again if you vote one in then why wouldn’t you vote the other in.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Brandon Marshall - WR - Bears
New Bears coach Marc Trestman will utilize Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte in motion this season in order to create advantageous matchups.
Using Marshall in motion will also make it more difficult for defenses to double team him. As exhibited during the second half of last season, Marshall is capable of playing all three wideout positions and doing it successfully, including slot receiver. He's a shoo-in top-five fantasy wide receiver again.

Pat Kirwin suggested a 21 personnel goalline package for the Bears last offseason on his Sirius show that was very intriguing. It would feature Marshall and Jeffery lined up at X and Z and both Forte and Bush lined up in the backfield with the option to set Forte in motion. That scenario would either force defenses to play a very difficult pass coverage against or have to worry about a power rush from Bush.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211841/article/terrell-willing-to-give-up-a-lot-to-play-with-jay-cutler

Quote:
How much better is Jay Cutler than every other quarterback the Chicago Bears have employed this Millennium?

So much better that ex-Bears receiver David Terrell would have given his manhood just to play with him.

"I would have cut off both my balls," Terrell said laughing. "I'd give those up, no problem. You could have neutered me. I woulda been neutered with a smile. (Expletive), man, for real."

Laughing
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211841/article/terrell-willing-to-give-up-a-lot-to-play-with-jay-cutler

Quote:
How much better is Jay Cutler than every other quarterback the Chicago Bears have employed this Millennium?

So much better that ex-Bears receiver David Terrell would have given his manhood just to play with him.

"I would have cut off both my balls," Terrell said laughing. "I'd give those up, no problem. You could have neutered me. I woulda been neutered with a smile. (Expletive), man, for real."

Laughing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what?!
Pinky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really pulling for Joe Anderson to make the team. For those who don't know him - practice squad guy signed last year out of Texas Southern. Listed at 6'1, 196. He's getting snaps while Marshall and Jeffrey sit out.

There's a Tribune article at the moment (premium content for US viewers so I can't post the link - i read it on reddit) which talks about his progress, how he turned down two teams offering a 53-man roster place because "Nobody else gave me a chance coming out...The Bears gave me a chance; that's who I want to be with."
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinky wrote:
I'm really pulling for Joe Anderson to make the team. For those who don't know him - practice squad guy signed last year out of Texas Southern. Listed at 6'1, 196. He's getting snaps while Marshall and Jeffrey sit out.

There's a Tribune article at the moment (premium content for US viewers so I can't post the link - i read it on reddit) which talks about his progress, how he turned down two teams offering a 53-man roster place because "Nobody else gave me a chance coming out...The Bears gave me a chance; that's who I want to be with."

I'm in Illinois and it's not showing up as Premium for me...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0614-pompei-bears-chicago-20130614,0,5392169.column

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
bears2308

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers release Desmond Bishop. Can't say I'm upset!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Pinky wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0614-pompei-bears-chicago-20130614,0,5392169.column

He means it is premium content that only is available in America...you guys can see it but outside of the states we don't have access to it.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
Pinky wrote:

He means it is premium content that only is available in America...you guys can see it but outside of the states we don't have access to it.

I see. Makes sense now.

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
KG1187

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former NFL scout Jeff Rison gave a season preview of the Bears. Wasn't too high about their chances. Predicts a 5-11 season.

http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2280/20130619/chicago_bears_2013_season_preview/
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KG1187 wrote:
Former NFL scout Jeff Rison gave a season preview of the Bears. Wasn't too high about their chances. Predicts a 5-11 season.

http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2280/20130619/chicago_bears_2013_season_preview/

Nearly all predictions in the NFL are garbage. Not only in-season, but especially during the offseason.
KG1187

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree but I like Jeff risdon's work and since its super slow it seemed worth mentioning.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember Steve Walsh aaahhh the good ol days Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 52 of 100

Jump to: