Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ZachZaidman

Quote:
Just heard Brian Dawkins call Charles Tillman the "Mike Tyson of football." Peanut Punch-Out!
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
bkokot wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Bears G/C Edwin Williams has agreed to a restructured contract.

Williams' $715,000 base salary remains the same, but he agreed to void a $250,000 reporting bonus. He's still due a $100,000 workout bonus. A reserve interior lineman, Williams played just 168 snaps last season.

I wonder if this was a move to avoid getting cut, maybe one of the UDFA C's looks adequate enough to be a backup. Whatever the reason it's a good move for the team.

I'm hoping PJ Lonergan can show enough to take his roster spot.

Does anybody besides Garza have starting experience and reps at center? If not, E. Williams isn't going anywhere.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
Frank "open gate 68" was a starter in the nfl too

At least he could get down in his stance. Unlike Orlando Pace...
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Schefter...

Quote:
NFL and NFLPA are on verge of pushing back draft to May and moving up start of league year to before combine, per sources.
G08

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Via Schefter...

Quote:
NFL and NFLPA are on verge of pushing back draft to May and moving up start of league year to before combine, per sources.

I would hate this. So, so much.

Hybrid. Aggressive. Defense.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Schefter...

Quote:

I would hate this. So, so much.

It would all depend on how they structure everything else around it…if they keep everything else the same and just move the draft it would suck but if they move the start of the new season to the front of the line so free agency and trades come first…then move the combine back a month it would allow teams to focus their time on prospects that could fit around the signings they have already made…then have the draft…something like…

End of Feb…New league season starts…FA & Trades
End of March…Combine
Middle of May…Draft
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Via Schefter...

Quote:

Well that's going to be torture. We already have about a month and a half too much of draft speculation.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Schefter...

Quote:

Well that's going to be torture. We already have about a month and a half too much of draft speculation.

Yeah can't say I'd be a big fan of this, though it would be nice for draft weekend not to fall on the weekend of my son's birthday every year...

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/100354/average-age-rankings-for-projected-starters

According to ESPN the Bears have the highest average age of projected starters in the NFL going into next year.
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got Marc Trestmans book in the mail from amazon today. About 30 pages in so far and its pretty interesting. Cant wait to read it all and learn more about our new coach!
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodAsGould13 wrote:
Just got Marc Trestmans book in the mail from amazon today. About 30 pages in so far and its pretty interesting. Cant wait to read it all and learn more about our new coach!

You're going to have a lot better understanding of how he works. When you get to the chapter about the 49ers you're going to get a good look at the core values he uses to run his team.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:

You're going to have a lot better understanding of how he works. When you get to the chapter about the 49ers you're going to get a good look at the core values he uses to run his team.

I finished it last week. What a tremendous life story about him as person and his vast experiences as a football coach. He really has a strong passion for football in every aspect of the game. It's going to be interesting if all the players buy into his system.

2013 Adopt a Bear: LT Jermon Bushrod#74
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4683818/harbaugh-trestman-taught-me-everything

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Friday that new Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman "taught me everything" when they were on the Oakland Raiders coaching staff, and he still uses many of Trestman's techniques.

"Everything wouldn't be an overstatement," Harbaugh said Friday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN Chicago 1000. "We use his system still of calling plays and the way he taught us those concepts and techniques. I've used (those) since I coached with the Raiders, the University of San Diego, Stanford and the 49ers.

"He will do great and talk about long overdue. Marc Trestman becoming a head coach is well deserved, he will do a phenomenal job."

Asked if the Bears hit a home run with their hire of Trestman, Harbaugh said: "Absolutely. Grand slam. That was a grand slam hire. You see the coaches that Marc has put around him, they know football. He knows football. He's a great teacher and I think that's coaching right there. ...

"That's something I learned working with Marc, by example and by things that he would tell me. That's one of my lucky breaks in coaching was to work with Marc Trestman because he took the time to train me and to teach me. And I will always be thankful for that."
G08

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to hear one bad thing from a former player or coach about Tresty, save for a red-assed Tim Brown.

Hybrid. Aggressive. Defense.

Last edited by G08 on Sat May 25, 2013 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Walshy

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are we doing Adopt-A-Bear? Even though this is my first year on the forums, I'm really looking forward to it. Who usually starts it?

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 50 of 99

Jump to: