Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10414
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Free agent Terrell Owens told CSN Chicago that he wants to make his comeback with the Bears.

New Bears coach Marc Trestman was San Francisco's offensive coordinator when T.O. broke into the league with the 49ers in 1996. "I played my first early years in San Francisco with [Trestman] and shortly after that, he left to do some things," said Owens, who is now 39. "To think about [Brandon Marshall] on the other side and me on one side, that's really dangerous. I'm keeping myself in shape just for any opportunity that may come about."


[pic removed]

Laughing

Had to remove the pic due to the non-approved language on the bottom of the hat brim.


I didn't even see that lol.

I didn't see it either actually - Mrs. AZ looked over and said "Does his hat say #%*& ?"
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17562
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Free agent Terrell Owens told CSN Chicago that he wants to make his comeback with the Bears.

New Bears coach Marc Trestman was San Francisco's offensive coordinator when T.O. broke into the league with the 49ers in 1996. "I played my first early years in San Francisco with [Trestman] and shortly after that, he left to do some things," said Owens, who is now 39. "To think about [Brandon Marshall] on the other side and me on one side, that's really dangerous. I'm keeping myself in shape just for any opportunity that may come about."


[pic removed]

Laughing

Had to remove the pic due to the non-approved language on the bottom of the hat brim.


I didn't even see that lol.

I didn't see it either actually - Mrs. AZ looked over and said "Does his hat say #%*& ?"


Laughing
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoodAsGould13


Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 87
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing that Jeffery came in at 219 and 8 percent body fat is awesome. Getting him in the 2nd is looking better and better every day
_________________
[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/goodasgould1313.png/[/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16160
Location: Iowa City, IA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a weird dream that the Broncos traded up to #1 and took Chance Warmack. They first tried drafting Uche Nwaneri, though.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Robbie Gould, K

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JPeppers90


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 763
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodAsGould13 wrote:
Seeing that Jeffery came in at 219 and 8 percent body fat is awesome. Getting him in the 2nd is looking better and better every day


That's about where we wanted him when we drafted him, correct? What was he at last year?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18223
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
Seeing that Jeffery came in at 219 and 8 percent body fat is awesome. Getting him in the 2nd is looking better and better every day


That's about where we wanted him when we drafted him, correct? What was he at last year?
He weighed in at the combine at 216, less than 2 weeks after rumors were circling that we has 250+. Which should have been the first clue that the rumors were false. Not to mention that when he supposed was in Indy training for the combine, running 4.8 (that was actually a ridiculous claim, maybe moreso than the 250+) he was actually in SC attending classes.
_________________

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Landru


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 168
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been any news on Israel Idonije? Is there still a chance he gets re-signed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16160
Location: Iowa City, IA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landru wrote:
Has there been any news on Israel Idonije? Is there still a chance he gets re-signed?


No news, yes there's a chance. I'd say unlikely since they signed Kyle Moore, but maybe after the draft things will heat up with him.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Robbie Gould, K

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JPeppers90


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 763
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
Seeing that Jeffery came in at 219 and 8 percent body fat is awesome. Getting him in the 2nd is looking better and better every day


That's about where we wanted him when we drafted him, correct? What was he at last year?
He weighed in at the combine at 216, less than 2 weeks after rumors were circling that we has 250+. Which should have been the first clue that the rumors were false. Not to mention that when he supposed was in Indy training for the combine, running 4.8 (that was actually a ridiculous claim, maybe moreso than the 250+) he was actually in SC attending classes.


Yeah I remember that. I remember reading that he was about in the 220-225 range his All-American year at SC and that was about where we wanted him. He gets a lot of flack for his speed which is unfair. Plays a lot faster than he's given credit for. I've got the biggest expectations for he and Wootton this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 785
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
GoodAsGould13 wrote:
Seeing that Jeffery came in at 219 and 8 percent body fat is awesome. Getting him in the 2nd is looking better and better every day


That's about where we wanted him when we drafted him, correct? What was he at last year?
He weighed in at the combine at 216, less than 2 weeks after rumors were circling that we has 250+. Which should have been the first clue that the rumors were false. Not to mention that when he supposed was in Indy training for the combine, running 4.8 (that was actually a ridiculous claim, maybe moreso than the 250+) he was actually in SC attending classes.


Yeah I remember that. I remember reading that he was about in the 220-225 range his All-American year at SC and that was about where we wanted him. He gets a lot of flack for his speed which is unfair. Plays a lot faster than he's given credit for. I've got the biggest expectations for he and Wootton this year.


You hit the nail on the head with your discussion of speed. Not just with Jefferey, but with players in general. Emery's approach to speed is most prudent. A 40 yard dash, while one helpful indicator of speed is NOT the be all, end all of how that speed translated onto the field. In general, the only metric that a 40 speed is 100% accurate in measuring is how two people compare in running a 40 yard dash. Nothing more, nothing less. A slower runner can play faster on the football field than a faster runner, and vice-versa. And some who run similar 40 yard times are very comparable on a football field....or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21825
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance someone can post the five observations that Pompei saw at minicamp that is in the trib?
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17562
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Any chance someone can post the five observations that Pompei saw at minicamp that is in the trib?


Do you want a summary or the whole thing?
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21825
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Any chance someone can post the five observations that Pompei saw at minicamp that is in the trib?


Do you want a summary or the whole thing?


Just what the five points were would be cool...this whole "Premium content is currently available only to users within the United States" sucks lol.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17562
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Any chance someone can post the five observations that Pompei saw at minicamp that is in the trib?


Do you want a summary or the whole thing?


Just what the five points were would be cool...this whole "Premium content is currently available only to users within the United States" sucks lol.


Turns out the article was written by Bowen. Pompei has a video above the article about LBs in the NFL Draft.

1. Bears offense will run Hi-Lows to allow Cutler to get rid of the ball quicker.But it wont limit Cutler from throwing the ball deep.

2. Devin didnt take an offensive snap. He is being used on coverage as well as returning.

3.Tuckers defense is really the same we've been running for a while now. Maybe more secondary blitzes.

4.DJ Williams is really athletic. Bowen believes the Bears improved at LB with the signing of Williams and Anderson.

5. Alshon Jeffery looks smoother with his routes. This year is extremely important for him and the Bears.

Thats basically it. If you need more details on some of these points just let me know.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21825
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Any chance someone can post the five observations that Pompei saw at minicamp that is in the trib?


Do you want a summary or the whole thing?


Just what the five points were would be cool...this whole "Premium content is currently available only to users within the United States" sucks lol.


1. Bears offense will run Hi-Lows to allow Cutler to get rid of the ball quicker.But it wont limit Cutler from throwing the ball deep.

2. Devin didnt take an offensive snap. He is being used on coverage as well as returning.

3.Tuckers defense is really the same we've been running for a while now. Maybe more secondary blitzes.

4.DJ Williams is really athletic. Pompei believes the Bears improved at LB with the signing of Williams and Anderson.

5. Alshon Jeffery looks smoother with his routes. This year is extremely important for him and the Bears.

Thats basically it. If you need more details on some of these points just let me know.


Cheers man…

I like the idea of the hi-lo offence…just hope Jay remembers the low every now and then lol…not sure I want Hester on coverage teams…his tackling at Miami when he was a CB was bad…I think most felt our D would stay the same…Williams is a quality athlete…just hope he has a feel for the deep zone in coverage if he is still our starting MLB after the draft…I’m really looking forward to seeing Jeffery in a WCO…his talent was never in doubt and he seems to have really committed to getting better this offseason.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 45 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group