Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19347
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Look at all the deals being given right now. Its a buyers market this year. We could probably get a starting guard or LB on a 1-2 year deal for little to no money.
Yeah $5M is peanuts for Bennett.


Same with Avril. Didnt think he would get just 2 years.


I was shocked by Avril only get 7.5. But if he does well in SEA this year he's in line for a huge extension next offseason.
I remember after 2011, I think, something like 7 of his 11 sacks were really strips that are recorded as sacks.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16745
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Look at all the deals being given right now. Its a buyers market this year. We could probably get a starting guard or LB on a 1-2 year deal for little to no money.
Yeah $5M is peanuts for Bennett.


Same with Avril. Didnt think he would get just 2 years.


I was shocked by Avril only get 7.5. But if he does well in SEA this year he's in line for a huge extension next offseason.
I remember after 2011, I think, something like 7 of his 11 sacks were really strips that are recorded as sacks.


I remember him getting 4 sacks against the Bears. Crying or Very sad
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19347
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Look at all the deals being given right now. Its a buyers market this year. We could probably get a starting guard or LB on a 1-2 year deal for little to no money.
Yeah $5M is peanuts for Bennett.


Same with Avril. Didnt think he would get just 2 years.


I was shocked by Avril only get 7.5. But if he does well in SEA this year he's in line for a huge extension next offseason.
I remember after 2011, I think, something like 7 of his 11 sacks were really strips that are recorded as sacks.


I remember him getting 4 sacks against the Bears. Crying or Very sad
I think it was 3, and it was against Chris Williams, in his 6th start, he had only given up 1 in his first 5.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 11168
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Now the quest to find AZ Laughing


Not that hard, I found him.


Oh....well....I cant Sad
I added him, don't think he's accepted yet, probably doesn't like us that much.


Twitter is one thing, Facebook....we might be moving too fast for him. I understand.

You guys crack me up. Dinner date with Mrs. AZ. Wasn't exactly the best time to pull out the ol' phone and start doing FB/Twitter/FF. Cool
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RidiculousJames


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 1844
Location: Cheshire, England
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving Martellus Bennett's dinosaur tweets. I can tell I'm gonna like this guy.
Quote:
I think my next art project is going to be illustrating the struggles of the everyday T-Rex named Biscuit.

Quote:
Biscuit the Dinosaur.

_________________
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 29 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19347
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Loving Martellus Bennett's dinosaur tweets. I can tell I'm gonna like this guy.
Quote:
I think my next art project is going to be illustrating the struggles of the everyday T-Rex named Biscuit.

Quote:
Biscuit the Dinosaur.


Quote:
“@kbock73: @JoeGryffindor maybe Pixar will turn it into a movie”

To work for them or Dreamworks would be a dream come true honestly.
Who the hell did we get? LOL
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RidiculousJames


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 1844
Location: Cheshire, England
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Loving Martellus Bennett's dinosaur tweets. I can tell I'm gonna like this guy.
Quote:
I think my next art project is going to be illustrating the struggles of the everyday T-Rex named Biscuit.

Quote:
Biscuit the Dinosaur.


Quote:
“@kbock73: @JoeGryffindor maybe Pixar will turn it into a movie”

To work for them or Dreamworks would be a dream come true honestly.
Who the hell did we get? LOL

By the looks of it a paleontologist/artist who plays a bit of tight end in his spare time Laughing
_________________
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 29 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19612
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martellus Bennett ‏@JoeGryffindor
I don't usually do this. (Tweet) that's what she said. Couldn't help it. It works there. Lol. But yea I don't always tweet this much.
https://twitter.com/JoeGryffindor

hahaha Laughing
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7286
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody else annoyed at how many updated mock drafts from "professional" analysts still have Tyler Eiffert going to the Bears at #20?
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7286
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears posted an article about Martellus Bennett to their Facebook. Somebody commented on it saying the Bears should sign Brandon Lloyd. Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dabears32


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 2310
Location: Cradle of Coaches, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our OL is so historically bad because of the Monsters they always had to deal with in practice.
_________________
I'm a Bears fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22782
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peering over Alshons footage...no reason he & Marshall don't combine for 25+ touchdowns outside of injury. Guy is going to such a beast.
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 23218
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Chicago Sun Times is anticipating a "big year" from Matt Forte in new coach Marc Trestman's offense.

Trestman, a progressive offensive innovator, loves Forte's pass-catching skills and versatility. "I just got done looking at all his catches from 2010," said Trestman. "He was on the line of scrimmage, he was running out of the backfield [and] he is great in space. He has a skill set that goes full spectrum of what you want out of a running back. ... You can make all the different kinds of throws to him. And he's a willing blocker, which is critically important. He's a want-to, willing blocker."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 23218
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agent DT Anthony Adams has retired from football.
Adams was a second-round pick of the 49ers, and played four seasons with the team. He spent his last five seasons with the Bears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2931
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Free agent DT Anthony Adams has retired from football.
Adams was a second-round pick of the 49ers, and played four seasons with the team. He spent his last five seasons with the Bears.


He's got such a great personality. He'll do big things on TV.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 41 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group