Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19162
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Holy crap - are you guys following this Manti Te'o story? The dead girlfriend is a complete hoax - she never even existed.

Check out deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax
I. Don't. Even.....how does this escape EVERY journalist in the US for 6 months???????


Seems like they just took his word for it. Turns out most of it was bull.
But you hear this kind of story and you reach out to the family to get them on camera. You have pictures from a hospital. You have pictures of the 2 together. There was none of that?????


Nope
I can't tell you how many of these types of stories of Chris Connoly's I've watched on ESPN. Here's how it typcially goes:

ESPNs stock Sad Music
Chris Connolly narrates over in his sad voice description of the 2 meeting
Pictures of them together laced in
Interviews w/ family members on both sides on what the 2 were like together
Pictures of the car accident
More interviews w/ T'eo
Pictures of the 2 in the hospital
interview w/ doctors
more family interviews
T'eo crying
B-roll of Michigan game
triumphant shot of T'eo

There was none of this???? How is that even possible?
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18657
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Notre Dame says that Manti Te'o told school officials on Dec 26th that he was the victim of a hoax.


Victim except he was saying he was there for all of this....
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18657
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Holy crap - are you guys following this Manti Te'o story? The dead girlfriend is a complete hoax - she never even existed.

Check out deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax
I. Don't. Even.....how does this escape EVERY journalist in the US for 6 months???????


Seems like they just took his word for it. Turns out most of it was bull.
But you hear this kind of story and you reach out to the family to get them on camera. You have pictures from a hospital. You have pictures of the 2 together. There was none of that?????


Nope
I can't tell you how many of these types of stories of Chris Connoly's I've watched on ESPN. Here's how it typcially goes:

ESPNs stock Sad Music
Chris Connolly narrates over in his sad voice description of the 2 meeting
Pictures of them together laced in
Interviews w/ family members on both sides on what the 2 were like together
Pictures of the car accident
More interviews w/ T'eo
Pictures of the 2 in the hospital
interview w/ doctors
more family interviews
T'eo crying
B-roll of Michigan game
triumphant shot of T'eo

There was none of this???? How is that even possible?


I know what your saying Superman...I dont know what to tell you.....other than the girl never existed
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19162
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Holy crap - are you guys following this Manti Te'o story? The dead girlfriend is a complete hoax - she never even existed.

Check out deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax
I. Don't. Even.....how does this escape EVERY journalist in the US for 6 months???????


Seems like they just took his word for it. Turns out most of it was bull.
But you hear this kind of story and you reach out to the family to get them on camera. You have pictures from a hospital. You have pictures of the 2 together. There was none of that?????


Nope
I can't tell you how many of these types of stories of Chris Connoly's I've watched on ESPN. Here's how it typcially goes:

ESPNs stock Sad Music
Chris Connolly narrates over in his sad voice description of the 2 meeting
Pictures of them together laced in
Interviews w/ family members on both sides on what the 2 were like together
Pictures of the car accident
More interviews w/ T'eo
Pictures of the 2 in the hospital
interview w/ doctors
more family interviews
T'eo crying
B-roll of Michigan game
triumphant shot of T'eo

There was none of this???? How is that even possible?


I know what your saying Superman...I dont know what to tell you.....other than the girl never existed
I just can't get over the lack of journalistic integrity here.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18657
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ The Daily Show did something on that a while ago Superman.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 17374
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, that was a good joke, Te'o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19162
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Ahh, that was a good joke, Te'o
Ty: as someone who is surviving leukemia, how does this make you feel personally?
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22673
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Te’o was in on this he just cost himself a ton of money…if he was truly the victim here…and to be honest given what we have seen of him over the past 4 years I reckon he could be…it’s a stark warning of what a little fame can leave you exposed to.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 17374
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Ahh, that was a good joke, Te'o
Ty: as someone who is surviving leukemia, how does this make you feel personally?


Lost respect for Manti a little. But at the same time I dont care cause it's none of my business.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19162
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way Te'o isn't involved in this hoax is if "Reba" was in on it, which let's not dismiss as a distinct possibility.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10839
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Only way Te'o isn't involved in this hoax is if "Reba" was in on it, which let's not dismiss as a distinct possibility.

If she was in on it then why hide her name? Presumably the only thing she would gain is notoriety, and she can't get that if we don't know who she is.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19162
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Only way Te'o isn't involved in this hoax is if "Reba" was in on it, which let's not dismiss as a distinct possibility.

If she was in on it then why hide her name? Presumably the only thing she would gain is notoriety, and she can't get that if we don't know who she is.
Reba's story sounds a little fishy itself tho, you have to admit that. She takes a pic on instagram holding up MSMK but never asks what it means. And sends it to an old classmate she reconnects w/ on facebook? I don't think we know the full story yet, and I think this is one of the stories where details are discovered frequently for a while.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10839
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
If Te’o was in on this he just cost himself a ton of money…if he was truly the victim here…and to be honest given what we have seen of him over the past 4 years I reckon he could be…it’s a stark warning of what a little fame can leave you exposed to.

I usually am one to let things play out a bit before forming an opinion but I don't see how he's not in on it. The Score played several audio clips of him referencing her and/or her family in interviews, he supposedly brought her to Hawaii to see him and supposedly met her in 2009 in a parking lot at Stanford and had hours and hours of phone conversations with her. If none of these things happened and this was all just a hoax on him then how does he explain that? How can he say the trick was on him when he is telling people about all of these things that didn't actually happen that perpetuate the very same lie to which he is claiming to be the victim? There is no logical explanation for any of that.

One thing is for sure - his NFL future will be full of locker room jokes and on field trash talk about it. I hope NFL Films puts a mic on him every game lol.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19162
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may have lied about meeting her in Palo Alto b/c of the stigma associated w/ online dating, especially for the star LBer of ND.

I'm not absolving him of guilt, but I'm also not going to crucify him either until we get all the details.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19162
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@fauxemery

Quote:
Wait...Trestman's daughters are real right? @Sara_Hanne @chloT94

_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 30 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group