Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
With Braylon Edwards being released I hope we bring him in for a look.
You're joking right?
No. We need a body.
Sign Joe Alexander from the PS, hell bring back Chris Summers, or hell Devan Thomas, but please oh please let's stop w/ the Braylon Edwards crap, I thought we were finally past this. How many teams does a guy have to be released for sucking before people realize they are no good?
edwards is better then those guys. That's why he's received playing time at WR.
Here's the thing, you don't know that. They (w/ the exception of Thomas who is a ST standout, something you want in a 4th/5th WR) haven't been given an opportunity to prove they suck yet, Edwards has again and again, and continues to prove so.
Our guys have proven to NFL coaches over there entire career that they don't even deserve a shot at being a part time WR. We have nobody at WR right now. What happens if Marshall gets hurt again or if his knee isn't 100%? We need a body until Jeffery/Bennett/Hester come back.
Well Jeffery and Hester are back this week. What guys have proven they don't deserve a spot at WR more than Braylon Edwards? 2nd year player Dane Sanzenbacher? Interesting surprise Eric Weems? And Joe Alexander and Chris Summers are rookies on PSs in the NFL, so do please tell me what guys that have proven that they suck MORE than Braylon Edwards?
I made my statement before I knew Jeffery and Hester were going to play. I wouldnt sign Edwards now. With Marshall be knicked up, if he got hurt in the game we'd be down to Sanz and Weems as our only 2 WRs. Also I do feel Edwards is better then Weems, Sanz, Alexander and Summers. We've all seen Edwards play well. He almost scored a TD against us last week.

Edit: Also they've all proven they suck more then Edwards.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
You're joking right?
No. We need a body.
Sign Joe Alexander from the PS, hell bring back Chris Summers, or hell Devan Thomas, but please oh please let's stop w/ the Braylon Edwards crap, I thought we were finally past this. How many teams does a guy have to be released for sucking before people realize they are no good?
Here's the thing, you don't know that. They (w/ the exception of Thomas who is a ST standout, something you want in a 4th/5th WR) haven't been given an opportunity to prove they suck yet, Edwards has again and again, and continues to prove so.
Our guys have proven to NFL coaches over there entire career that they don't even deserve a shot at being a part time WR. We have nobody at WR right now. What happens if Marshall gets hurt again or if his knee isn't 100%? We need a body until Jeffery/Bennett/Hester come back.
Well Jeffery and Hester are back this week. What guys have proven they don't deserve a spot at WR more than Braylon Edwards? 2nd year player Dane Sanzenbacher? Interesting surprise Eric Weems? And Joe Alexander and Chris Summers are rookies on PSs in the NFL, so do please tell me what guys that have proven that they suck MORE than Braylon Edwards?
I made my statement before I knew Jeffery and Hester were going to play. I wouldnt sign Edwards now. With Marshall be knicked up, if he got hurt in the game we'd be down to Sanz and Weems as our only 2 WRs. Also I do feel Edwards is better then Weems, Sanz, Alexander and Summers. We've all seen Edwards play well. He almost scored a TD against us last week.

How have 2 rookies who have never played other than shining in the preseason, proven they suck?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
You're joking right?
No. We need a body.

How have 2 rookies who have never played other than shining in the preseason, proven they suck?
They didn't shine. They showed that they weren't good enough to make the team or to be promoted from the PS. Edwards plays in NFL games. They don't. It's not complicated.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
You're joking right?
No. We need a body.

They didn't shine. They showed that they weren't good enough to make the team or to be promoted from the PS. Edwards plays in NFL games. They don't. It's not complicated.
Umm yeah they shined, there's only so many spots available on the roster, and unless you are a starter you have to play STs, something Alexander and Summers need to work on right now. It was an embarrassment of riches in training camp, how quickly everyone forgets.

DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
You're joking right?
No. We need a body.

Umm yeah they shined, there's only so many spots available on the roster, and unless you are a starter you have to play STs, something Alexander and Summers need to work on right now. It was an embarrassment of riches in training camp, how quickly everyone forgets.
Did you also think Brandon Rideau should make the roster?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
You're joking right?
No. We need a body.

Did you also think Brandon Rideau should make the roster?
Did I think he should make the roster? Yes, did I think he was a stud just waiting to be unleashed? No. But I thought he showed enough to warrant a spot over some of the guys the Bears have treaded out there, not the least of which was Juaquin Iglesias.

DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you're just higher on those guys then I am.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much must it suck to be a Jets fan?...next year they owe Mark Sanchez $12.8 million…but if they cut him it would cost them $17.1 million Laughing
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
How much must it suck to be a Jets fan?...next year they owe Mark Sanchez $12.8 million…but if they cut him it would cost them $17.1 million Laughing

Yeah a mate of mine is a big Jets fan and as soon as he read that news he just sighed and facepalmed Laughing

Can't believe McIlroy is inactive today! Tebow is a complete waste of space.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 16 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
But I'm going to be the first one to start the Fire Lovie Smith.... Hire Bill O' Brien Cool

Bumpity

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This teams pathetic inconsistency is an indictment on the coaching staff.

7-1 followed by 1-4 is a joke.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

You really want to blame coaching when the defense for all intents and purposes gave up 7 points. When the offense leaves 14 pts on the field w/ dropped TDs. Today was clearly a day where the players didn't execute, not where they weren't well coached.

DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

You really want to blame coaching when the defense for all intents and purposes gave up 7 points. When the offense leaves 14 pts on the field w/ dropped TDs. Today was clearly a day where the players didn't execute, not where they weren't well coached.
Yup. It's also not there fault that Jeffery fell on the int that lead to a TD.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Yup. It's also not there fault that Jeffery fell on the int that lead to a TD.

Or that Hester dropped a pass that would have put him in a ton of space for a TD...

Or that Jay throw a pass too high towards Marshall that led to the other INT.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Yes the players are not blameless.

When your players consistently don't play we'll in important games that is more than a player problem.

Why do the Bears players play poorly in big game?

Lovie fails to get his team ready against good teams.

But continue to defend and believe in Lovie, but 1 playoff trip in 5 years is not good enough for me.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 24 of 100

Jump to: