Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://prod.www.bears.clubs.nfl.com/news/article-1/Cousin-to-work-with-Bears-players/ccf38482-c3ea-48a3-8ec8-e4b07e1f19ba

Quote:
Former Bears cornerback Terry Cousin is returning to the team as its director of player engagement.

Cousin entered the NFL with the Bears in 1997 as an undrafted free agent from South Carolina. He spent three seasons in Chicago before playing for the Falcons (2000), Dolphins (2001), Panthers (2002-03), Giants (2004), Jaguars (2005-07) and Browns (2008).

Cousin appeared in 172 games with 68 starts in 12 NFL seasons, recording 472 tackles, 13 interceptions, 6.5 sacks, five forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries. He played in the Panthers' 32-29 loss to the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVII on Feb. 1, 2004.

Cousin, 39, rejoins the Bears after spending the past two seasons as director of player engagement with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In Tampa, Cousin implemented a program called Buccaneer University that helped players with education, internships, benefits and financial services.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
http://prod.www.bears.clubs.nfl.com/news/article-1/Cousin-to-work-with-Bears-players/ccf38482-c3ea-48a3-8ec8-e4b07e1f19ba

Quote:
Former Bears cornerback Terry Cousin is returning to the team as its director of player engagement.

Cousin entered the NFL with the Bears in 1997 as an undrafted free agent from South Carolina. He spent three seasons in Chicago before playing for the Falcons (2000), Dolphins (2001), Panthers (2002-03), Giants (2004), Jaguars (2005-07) and Browns (2008).

Cousin appeared in 172 games with 68 starts in 12 NFL seasons, recording 472 tackles, 13 interceptions, 6.5 sacks, five forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries. He played in the Panthers' 32-29 loss to the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVII on Feb. 1, 2004.

Cousin, 39, rejoins the Bears after spending the past two seasons as director of player engagement with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In Tampa, Cousin implemented a program called Buccaneer University that helped players with education, internships, benefits and financial services.

Pretty nice move. And people still want to call the Bears front office "classless." In the past year they've retired Ditka's number, offered Chris Harris a coaching position, and now this.
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per the Bears website, they signed CFL long snapper Chad Rempel to a 3 year deal.. So long Mannelly.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisBear wrote:
Per the Bears website, they signed CFL long snapper Chad Rempel to a 3 year deal.. So long Mannelly.

Nope....its just insurance incase Mannelly retires.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
G08

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dude is 214 lbs... not sure what to think of that.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

Halfway point and you are correct.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
This dude is 214 lbs... not sure what to think of that.

He played some WR that's why....not too worried about it

G08

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 214 lbs long snapper?

Am I taking crazy pills?

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hester is now talking on Twitter about how he never wanted to leave the Bears. I get where he's coming from since he played here for many years and had so much success, but to be publicly saying that stuff after signing with a new team....I can't imagine the Falcons are happy with him saying that.

Quote:
Devin Hester ‏@D_Hest23 3h
To all my Bears fans I never wanted to leave the Bears, the organization decided to go another route with me. The things I did in Chicago....

Quote:
probably would never happen again and I always wanted to retire as a Bears

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Hester is now talking on Twitter about how he never wanted to leave the Bears. I get where he's coming from since he played here for many years and had so much success, but to be publicly saying that stuff after signing with a new team....I can't imagine the Falcons are happy with him saying that.

Quote:
To all my Bears fans I never wanted to leave the Bears, the organization decided to go another route with me. The things I did in Chicago....

Quote:
probably would never happen again and I always wanted to retire as a Bears

Hester always showed himself to be such a bright young man, too. Smile
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hester is a morons moron.

Your career is over. Accept it and move on.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Hester is a morons moron.

Your career is over. Accept it and move on.

Well by saying "The things I did in Chicago would probably never happen again . . ." I think he has accepted that he will never return to that same form every again.

AZBearsFan wrote:

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ I was wondering what he meant by that comment...that could be taken a few ways. I've always wondered how Hester got into a huge university after listening to him speak.

CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
^^^^ I was wondering what he meant by that comment...that could be taken a few ways. I've always wondered how Hester got into a huge university after listening to him speak.

Yeah I'm not going to really grade him on his literary proficiency, but the way I took was him saying that he would never replicate the success he once had here (hence why the FO wanted to move on), but still wanted to retire a Bear.

EDIT: And to take it a step further, and this is all speculative, maybe his heart really isn't going to be in the game this year. I wouldn't completely rule out a Kreutz-esque mid TC retirement. It would be dumb for him to do so I think, but not totally surprising.

AZBearsFan wrote:

Roadrunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Yeah I'm not going to really grade him on his literary proficiency, but the way I took was him saying that he would never replicate the success he once had here (hence why the FO wanted to move on), but still wanted to retire a Bear.

EDIT: And to take it a step further, and this is all speculative, maybe his heart really isn't going to be in the game this year. I wouldn't completely rule out a Kreutz-esque mid TC retirement. It would be dumb for him to do so I think, but not totally surprising.

Obviously, the U was not going to grade him on his literary proficiency, either! Makes on wonder what the criteria was that got him admitted....Sports? Other?
G08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's saying he'll never replicate what he accomplished in Chicago. Ad a fan I like seeing how much the Beloved means/meant to him.

Then again, he did say two years ago he wasn't sure he wanted to play anymore so who knows.

WindyCity wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 97 of 100

Jump to: