Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it....Lovie comes out and says Josh McCown is the starting QB. Then Jason Licht comes out and says Josh will take the first snap but its not written in stone that he will start. Laughing

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
I love it....Lovie comes out and says Josh McCown is the starting QB. Then Jason Licht comes out and says Josh will take the first snap but its not written in stone that he will start. Laughing

Sounds to me like the GM wants people to think they may take a QB. My guess is that they're looking to generate trade interest for the teams wanting a QB to jump ahead of them so their real target (Mack?) falls to them. Probably ticked him off that Lovie said what he did lol, especially when he didn't have to say it.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Sounds to me like the GM wants people to think they may take a QB. My guess is that they're looking to generate trade interest for the teams wanting a QB to jump ahead of them so their real target (Mack?) falls to them. Probably ticked him off that Lovie said what he did lol, especially when he didn't have to say it.

I dont know why Glennon isnt getting a shot. He certainly deserves it.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Presumably Tedford thinks he can do with McCown what Trestman did, and the more power to him if he can, but before working with Trestman McCown had been a bum for a dozen years. Odds are good that he'll be closer to what he was before 2013 in Tampa than what he was here last year.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337704/article/brandon-marshall-not-worried-about-bears-extension

Quote:
Brandon Marshall isn't sweating his long-term future with the Chicago Bears.

"If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, I'm glad to be a Bear for another year and I'm going to force them to sign me after next year," Marshall said Thursday on WMVP-AM in Chicago, per ESPN.com. "One way or another, they're going to get the deal done.

"But if it comes down to next year, I'll be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because I'm not going anyplace."

Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337704/article/brandon-marshall-not-worried-about-bears-extension

Quote:

"If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, I'm glad to be a Bear for another year and I'm going to force them to sign me after next year," Marshall said Thursday on WMVP-AM in Chicago, per ESPN.com. "One way or another, they're going to get the deal done.

"But if it comes down to next year, I'll be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because I'm not going anyplace."

Marshall doesn't generally strike me as someone who is going to play for less than what he thinks he's worth - but I also think Brandon is happy in Chicago and content to play out the rest of his days with Cutler as his QB. I think he'll take less than he could get in FA if it means staying in Chicago long-term. He's been through quite a bit (most of his own doing) and I think he understands just how good he's got it here in Chicago.

I heard the interview - and he really sounded like a guy who just wants to get a deal done and play football here.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

Marshall doesn't generally strike me as someone who is going to play for less than what he thinks he's worth - but I also think Brandon is happy in Chicago and content to play out the rest of his days with Cutler as his QB. I think he'll take less than he could get in FA if it means staying in Chicago long-term. He's been through quite a bit (most of his own doing) and I think he understands just how good he's got it here in Chicago.

I heard the interview - and he really sounded like a guy who just wants to get a deal done and play football here.

Well we know he and Jay have great chemistry but from the looks of it this offseason he really likes playing with this group of guys which for a guy who has already been PAID and knows he will be again he seems to understand that taking a good chunk of money but not grinding out every penny will give him a better shot at doing what he has never done which is get to the postseason.

GRRLacher wrote:
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

Well we know he and Jay have great chemistry but from the looks of it this offseason he really likes playing with this group of guys which for a guy who has already been PAID and knows he will be again he seems to understand that taking a good chunk of money but not grinding out every penny will give him a better shot at doing what he has never done which is get to the postseason.

I have no concerns about getting Marshall resigned next offseason because of the $8 million we get back from the dead cap…I think that is the reason we ate all of Peppers' money this year…if we can get Marshall for around $11 million a season for 3 years we will have done well.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

He sees what the offense is becoming and knows he's not going to find a better situation with a #2 WR who is likely as good as 95% of the #1 WRs in this league, a RB who is the ultimate professional and coming off a season in which he was the #2 rusher in the NFL, a young and improving line that played extremely well, and then Jay is just the icing on the cake. Brandon has seen through his toils in Miami what seeking out top dollar really does. I'm sure he also realizes that after this year, the Bears are likely going to have to commit to Alshon with a big money long term deal. If he wants to stay, he is going to have to take a bit of a discount to do so. Let's also not forget that Brandon has been a model citizen since he came to Chicago, and I'm sure the stability that it has offered him, is something he would like to maintain.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is only tangentially connected to the Bears - but former Bears Director of College Scouting Greg Gabriel is a pretty good follow on twitter and he tweeted out a link to an article he wrote for Bleacher Report about how character concerns are handled in the draft process.

It's a great article - but this quote I found pretty interesting:

Quote:
In 2007, I went to an NFL front office symposium. One of the topics covered was potential gang involvement among players in the NFL. The League was worried that with a growing gang population across the country, they would have to attempt to keep those type of people out of the league. The league was worried that if a player had gang involvement, he could become a victim of extortion or violence.

At the combine, each player has a front and back picture taken. The purpose of those pictures is to see players' physiques and to determine what growth potential those players may have. With those pictures, we would have an expert look at any tattoos or markings to determine if there were any gang-related drawings or markings.

Now I knew teams did extensive background checks and interviews - but it hadn't occurred to me that they'd have an expert check out tattoo's for gang affiliations.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2008318-how-nfl-teams-view-and-treat-character-concerns-for-draft-eligible-players

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
bkokot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Presumably Tedford thinks he can do with McCown what Trestman did, and the more power to him if he can, but before working with Trestman McCown had been a bum for a dozen years. Odds are good that he'll be closer to what he was before 2013 in Tampa than what he was here last year.

"We're 5-2 with Josh as our starter......" the record is in question, but I'm sure at some point we'll hear something like this, lol
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-offseason-program-dates-20140328,0,2570806.story

Quote:
The Chicago Bears’ reloaded defense and high-powered offense will soon get back to work. Players are scheduled to report to Halas Hall on Tuesday, April 22, for the start the team’s offseason program.

HuskieBear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-offseason-program-dates-20140328,0,2570806.story

Quote:
The Chicago Bears’ reloaded defense and high-powered offense will soon get back to work. Players are scheduled to report to Halas Hall on Tuesday, April 22, for the start the team’s offseason program.

Less than a month. I cant wait until we can see the vets running around in their shorts Laughing

Adopt-a-Bear: Isiah Frey |TKL 19 |PD 0 |INT 0 |Sacks 0 |FR 0 |FF 0 |
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone read the book by Steve Delsohn "DA BEARS how the 1985 monsters of the midway became the greatest team in NFL history"

The biggest part of the book that I loved was when they said cuppel of the Online men like to go out to biker bars and get in to brawls the night before a game to be pumped up. To think now a days, if that happened the players would be out of the league lol. Oh how times have changed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Has anyone read the book by Steve Delsohn "DA BEARS how the 1985 monsters of the midway became the greatest team in NFL history"

The biggest part of the book that I loved was when they said cuppel of the Online men like to go out to biker bars and get in to brawls the night before a game to be pumped up. To think now a days, if that happened the players would be out of the league lol. Oh how times have changed

Yeah, Brandon Marshall can't even beat his wife without getting ridiculed for it these days...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 96 of 100

Jump to: