Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Athelite


Joined: 01 Aug 2012
Posts: 1355
Location: #1 Russell Wilson fan #HOF
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the 100th time, Merriwether is a grade A clown
_________________

^Takeonme^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10966
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
Brandon Meriweather says he's going to have to take out player's knees and is running his mouth about Brandon Marshall, saying that players who beat their girlfriends should be thrown out of the league. What a complete toolbag.

Here's the full story.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9893116/brandon-meriweather-washington-redskins-rips-brandon-marshall-vows-target-opposing-players-knees


I saw that earlier. What Marshall did in his past is inexcusable, but he has taken many steps to improve himself. Marshall admitted he had a problem, sought help, and is now a new man as a result.

Meriweather on the other hand refuses to take responsibility and just keeps running his mouth. He's gonna get his eventually whether is comes in the form of the league banning him or players taking justice into their own hands.

He's gonna get low blocked or creamed by a lineman after a turnover or something like that. He's making himself a target.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22795
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Cutler family is expanding, according to eonline.com.

The website reported Wednesday that the Bears’ Jay Cutler and his wife and former reality TV star Kristin Cavallari are expecting their second child. The couple – which got married in Nashville in June – has a 14-month-old son, Camden.


Lucky this happened before the groin injury Laughing
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
for the 100th time, Merriwether is a grade Z clown


FIFY. His comments, while fair if Marshall had not shown a 180 degree turn around, are extremely cheap and unprofessional. Further, they display a lack of willingness to seek clarification from the league as to what would constitute a legal hit, protecting his fellow NFL players, yet allow him to remain a competitive player.

Unlike Marshall, Merriweather has made ZERO attempt to change his tactics and shows little respect, nor regard to the safety of his peers. Obviously, there is middle ground between hitting players in the head and taking out their knees. If that makes defending more difficult, so be it. ALL defenders are subject to the rule change, and therefore it is not as if Merriweather is the only defender whose job becomes a little more difficult because he is being singled out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22795
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Julius Peppers has just one sack all season.

Peppers accepted a restructured salary ahead of this season, but is still making $9.9 million in base pay. He's graded out as ProFootballFocus' No. 32 4-3 defensive end among 46 qualifiers so far. Owed $13.9 million with a $18.1 million cap hit in 2014, Peppers is likely in his last season with the Bears. He'll turn 34 years old in January.


As much as it's only PFF that isn't good.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5632
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Julius Peppers has just one sack all season.

Peppers accepted a restructured salary ahead of this season, but is still making $9.9 million in base pay. He's graded out as ProFootballFocus' No. 32 4-3 defensive end among 46 qualifiers so far. Owed $13.9 million with a $18.1 million cap hit in 2014, Peppers is likely in his last season with the Bears. He'll turn 34 years old in January.


As much as it's only PFF that isn't good.
We don't need PFF to know that. I think he may just retire. I'm not sure I would want him back for even $3 mil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22795
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Julius Peppers has just one sack all season.

Peppers accepted a restructured salary ahead of this season, but is still making $9.9 million in base pay. He's graded out as ProFootballFocus' No. 32 4-3 defensive end among 46 qualifiers so far. Owed $13.9 million with a $18.1 million cap hit in 2014, Peppers is likely in his last season with the Bears. He'll turn 34 years old in January.


As much as it's only PFF that isn't good.
We don't need PFF to know that. I think he may just retire. I'm not sure I would want him back for even $3 mil.


I don’t see him retiring but I also don’t see any possible way he is back next season.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ForteOz


Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 810
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Julius Peppers has just one sack all season.

Peppers accepted a restructured salary ahead of this season, but is still making $9.9 million in base pay. He's graded out as ProFootballFocus' No. 32 4-3 defensive end among 46 qualifiers so far. Owed $13.9 million with a $18.1 million cap hit in 2014, Peppers is likely in his last season with the Bears. He'll turn 34 years old in January.


As much as it's only PFF that isn't good.
We don't need PFF to know that. I think he may just retire. I'm not sure I would want him back for even $3 mil.


I don’t see him retiring but I also don’t see any possible way he is back next season.


Agreed, he's not just going to give up that kind of money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16690
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
Ex-#Cowboys DT Jay Ratliff visited the #Chiefs Tuesday and the #Bears Wednesday, source says. Getting closer to getting back on the field


Figured they'd have interest in him.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2920
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would this season have been different if we took Sharrif Floyd in the first, and Larry Warford in the second?
_________________


Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5632
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
How would this season have been different if we took Sharrif Floyd in the first, and Larry Warford in the second?
The same. Who plays LB when Williams goes out? We'd be even worse there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2920
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
How would this season have been different if we took Sharrif Floyd in the first, and Larry Warford in the second?
The same. Who plays LB when Williams goes out? We'd be even worse there.


I still think we should have made more of an effort to keep Nick Roach.
_________________


Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5632
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
How would this season have been different if we took Sharrif Floyd in the first, and Larry Warford in the second?
The same. Who plays LB when Williams goes out? We'd be even worse there.


I still think we should have made more of an effort to keep Nick Roach.
Roach got grossly overpaid. I'm glad we moved on from him. Arthur Brown would've been a good choice in round 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22795
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
How would this season have been different if we took Sharrif Floyd in the first, and Larry Warford in the second?
The same. Who plays LB when Williams goes out? We'd be even worse there.


I still think we should have made more of an effort to keep Nick Roach.
Roach got grossly overpaid. I'm glad we moved on from him. Arthur Brown would've been a good choice in round 2.


Yeah Roach would have been good to keep but once Oakland offered up that type of money we had to let him walk…as much as I liked Brown coming out he hasn’t shown more than Bostic so far so I’m pretty happy with what we went with.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blkwdw13


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 1690
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaws said Cutler expected to start against the Lions. I think it's to soon but what to I know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 77 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group