Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletee-charged-with-dui/

RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap1000000140178/0ap2000000140068?campaign=Twitter_gallery_40

So, fastest player on the Bears is Tim Jennings?

I honestly had no idea that he ran a 4.32 40! 12th quickest Combine 40-yard time ever.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 29 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 1
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bears GM Phil Emery indicated at the Combine that the team is still trying to determine 2012 fourth-round pick Evan Rodriguez's position.

A tight end at Temple, Rodriguez finished his rookie year at fullback. The Bears want a tight end who can stretch the field. "Weíre gonna work through OTAs and camp to bring that out and find that right role," Emery said. "Whether itís some more at "F", itís detached, more fullback, or more "F" as a fullback. Heíll have an opportunity to display all his skills to our new staff."
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Bears GM Phil Emery indicated at the Combine that the team is still trying to determine 2012 fourth-round pick Evan Rodriguez's position.

A tight end at Temple, Rodriguez finished his rookie year at fullback. The Bears want a tight end who can stretch the field. "Weíre gonna work through OTAs and camp to bring that out and find that right role," Emery said. "Whether itís some more at "F", itís detached, more fullback, or more "F" as a fullback. Heíll have an opportunity to display all his skills to our new staff."
I think the Bears intend him to be our Delanie Walker/Aaron Hernandez

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a source on this, but I was listening to Sirius NFL Radio in the car a little while ago and a caller claimed Donovan McNabb and Brian Balldinger were on TV talking about how the Bears were going to target one of the top WRs in free agency.

Things leads me to a question: is Donovan McNabb the stupidest NFL analyst on TV today?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
I don't have a source on this, but I was listening to Sirius NFL Radio in the car a little while ago and a caller claimed Donovan McNabb and Brian Balldinger were on TV talking about how the Bears were going to target one of the top WRs in free agency.

Things leads me to a question: is Donovan McNabb the stupidest NFL analyst on TV today?
One of, yes. He's terrible.

SpeedKills24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

One of, yes. He's terrible.

To be honest their aren't many good analysts. I do enjoy listening to Kurt Warner and Rich Eisen hough.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ZachZaidman: Nine years ago today, #Bears agreed to terms with RB Thomas Jones. In 2005 & 2006, Jones rushed for a combined 2,545 yards and 15 TDs.

... Followed by the team trading him and a 2nd round pick to the Jets for the right to trade the Jets 2nd rounder to SD so they could take Eric Weddle and the Bears could take Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo, Kevin Payne and Marcus Harrison. Mad

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Quote:
@ZachZaidman: Nine years ago today, #Bears agreed to terms with RB Thomas Jones. In 2005 & 2006, Jones rushed for a combined 2,545 yards and 15 TDs.

... Followed by the team trading him and a 2nd round pick to the Jets for the right to trade the Jets 2nd rounder to SD so they could take Eric Weddle and the Bears could take Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo, Kevin Payne and Marcus Harrison. Mad

Worst move in JA's tenure imo.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Quote:

Worst move in JA's tenure imo.

Not to speak ill of the dead butÖ
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA or draft - what are you guys looking forward to more?

FA is in 9 days and I, like every year, cannot wait. I like FA more than the draft I think because it is so fast and furious and a lot of action packed into one day, essentially.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
FA or draft - what are you guys looking forward to more?

FA is in 9 days and I, like every year, cannot wait. I like FA more than the draft I think because it is so fast and furious and a lot of action packed into one day, essentially.

I like the draft so much better than free agency. I loathe free agency because, as I say all the time, it's a whole bunch of hype over overpaying players and most of the big guys due to "hit the market" either get tagged, re-sign, or have their mind made up over where they're going by the time free agency opens.

Anybody with a large pocketbook can "make a splash" in free agency. The real winners in the league dominate the draft.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the offensive line could use a serious talent upgrade and some younger players, lets not understate the importance of those guys gelling and playing as a cohesive unit. The 2006 group (Tait / Brown / Kreutz / Garza / Miller) wasn't the greatest talent-wise, but they played solid football and sent two guys to the Pro Bowl.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Lions are "strongly" considering moving OT Riley Reiff to guard.
The Lions' website previously reported a position switch was possible, but this suggests Reiff won't be a serious candidate for Detroit's expected vacancy at right tackle. It's surprising the Lions might throw in the towel on Reiff as a tackle less than a year after taking him at No. 23, but his short arms and average athleticism made it a possibility from the start. GM Martin Mayhew is probably wishing he could have a redo on last year's first round.

There's a turn-up for the books, didn't they move him to LT in this unless I dreamt that.

So much for that guaranteed LT.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Lions are "strongly" considering moving OT Riley Reiff to guard.
The Lions' website previously reported a position switch was possible, but this suggests Reiff won't be a serious candidate for Detroit's expected vacancy at right tackle. It's surprising the Lions might throw in the towel on Reiff as a tackle less than a year after taking him at No. 23, but his short arms and average athleticism made it a possibility from the start. GM Martin Mayhew is probably wishing he could have a redo on last year's first round.

There's a turn-up for the books, didn't they move him to LT in this unless I dreamt that.

So much for that guaranteed LT.
He had 1 start at LT for them last year and had a really good game, so this is shocking.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 36 of 100

Jump to: