Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
If Te’o was in on this he just cost himself a ton of money…if he was truly the victim here…and to be honest given what we have seen of him over the past 4 years I reckon he could be…it’s a stark warning of what a little fame can leave you exposed to.

I usually am one to let things play out a bit before forming an opinion but I don't see how he's not in on it. The Score played several audio clips of him referencing her and/or her family in interviews, he supposedly brought her to Hawaii to see him and supposedly met her in 2009 in a parking lot at Stanford and had hours and hours of phone conversations with her. If none of these things happened and this was all just a hoax on him then how does he explain that? How can he say the trick was on him when he is telling people about all of these things that didn't actually happen that perpetuate the very same lie to which he is claiming to be the victim? There is no logical explanation for any of that.

One thing is for sure - his NFL future will be full of locker room jokes and on field trash talk about it. I hope NFL Films puts a mic on him every game lol.

If this was most players I would be right there with you in terms of forming an opinion quickly…but Te’o has always come across as a deep thinker who wouldn’t risk his future on something so stupid…I just can’t think of his thought process to get to the stage of…”it would be funning to play a nationwide hoax” also the timing with his grandmother dying around the same time…it just doesn’t sit right with me…I want to hear a little more before labelling him an idiot lol.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@espnchijon

Quote:
"And now a question from Nick Friedell." "Jack, does any of this have to do with Derrick Rose's knee injury?"

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
He may have lied about meeting her in Palo Alto b/c of the stigma associated w/ online dating, especially for the star LBer of ND.

I'm not absolving him of guilt, but I'm also not going to crucify him either until we get all the details.

I'm not saying he was the mastermind of some grandiose rouse but at minimum he at least went along with it which makes him an idiot who probably hurt his draft stock. At minimum. It's not like he needed this for the fame - he was the best player on a ND team that was on national tv every week and went 12-0. He was already a rock star.

Just can't fathom how dumb the whole thing is more than anything. It's like a guy with the chance to be remembered as a football legend may now be tagged more like a media thirsty reality tv show personality. Smh.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This story just gets weirder....from Te'o's fake gfs twitter acct:

@lennaykay

Quote:
It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

@lennaykay

Quote:
It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow

...???

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

@lennaykay

Quote:

...???
Just spitballing here, but I'm guessing Reagan is "Reba" and Troy is somebody else involved in the hoax. The kid from the score made an excellent point, you don't go out and do that pc if you're ND unless you are 100% sure you have the full story. According to ND the girl that Te'o had been talking to, called him out of the blue and told him she wasn't dead. So who really knows what's going on here. As I said I'm reserving my judgement until I know all the facts.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

@lennaykay

Quote:

...???
Just spitballing here, but I'm guessing Reagan is "Reba" and Troy is somebody else involved in the hoax. The kid from the score made an excellent point, you don't go out and do that pc if you're ND unless you are 100% sure you have the full story. According to ND the girl that Te'o had been talking to, called him out of the blue and told him she wasn't dead. So who really knows what's going on here. As I said I'm reserving my judgement until I know all the facts.

The whole thing still has me shaking my head. Wow. Just... Just wow.

GRRLacher wrote:
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange. It doesn't seem like something Teo would do. No reason to make this up by him. I feel bad for him though.

Chance Warmack in the 1st and Teo in the 2nd. I'll take it.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Very strange. It doesn't seem like something Teo would do. No reason to make this up by him. I feel bad for him though.

That'd be insane. I was starting to believe he'd be available by #20 as it is, with or without him being in on this hoax, he'll be there now. I'd take him in a heartbeat at #20. Ok, maybe he was or wasn't in on a "hoax" aired on ESPN. That doesnt effect the way that I view him as a person, or as a football player. I'm not gunna judge, or pretend I haven't done anything worse than lying about a girlfriend. Think about how inspired and determined he will be now.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Biggs...

Quote:
What reaction does the NFL have to the girlfriend hoax and Notre Dame LB Manti Te’o? Here is what one scout said:

“He’s going to have to explain this about 32 (darn) times now, in an interview room or whatever,” the scout said. “He’s going to have to explain the whole thing and the agent is going to have to prep him on it. He’s going to have to have some kind of story that is the same with everybody. Or there is going to be even more questions. Is this stable? Did he get screwed? You’ve got to give the kid the benefit of the doubt but you have to research this thing and find every single angle you can. He’ll get absolutely punished more than Cam Newton, question-wise with everybody asking about it. He is going to get drilled on it. Now, you’re going to see what kind of character the kid has because there are teams that talk. Guys will talk and they will say, ‘What did he say to you guys?’ Is it constant? Is it the same story? Does it change at all? You have to question the honesty. Hopefully, the kid has some proof. Some emails or something. Some text messages. A picture. Records of it. It isn’t going to be good if this is fictitious on his part because you’re like, ‘Wait a minute, what’s going on here?’ It’s strange but is this better to be lying about a third drug test or a fourth drug test? What’s worse? You have to ask yourself what the risk/reward is with this. What is going on? I can’t tell you. There are security guys with every team that are going to dig into this. Hopefully, for the kid’s sake … I hope he has some proof.”

DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

That'd be insane. I was starting to believe he'd be available by #20 as it is, with or without him being in on this hoax, he'll be there now. I'd take him in a heartbeat at #20. Ok, maybe he was or wasn't in on a "hoax" aired on ESPN. That doesnt effect the way that I view him as a person, or as a football player. I'm not gunna judge, or pretend I haven't done anything worse than lying about a girlfriend. Think about how inspired and determined he will be now.
I'd still likely take him at 20. This is really weird and more sad on his part if true. Men in the locker room will over look this by the first week of camp. We have a strong locker room that this wouldn't be an issue.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Cardinals met with Bruce Arians today. He left with a great feeling. He was rewarded with an offer. Source says he'll be the team's HC.

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Horton is definitely leaving Arizona

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those who say we don't need the Rooney Rule in the NFL

@adamschefter

Quote:
After Lovie Smith, Romeo Crennel and six other were fired, there eight HC jobs filled. Not one hire was a minority.

CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Ray Horton is definitely leaving Arizona

Is he primarily a 3-4 advocate?

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 31 of 100

Jump to: