Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
This teams pathetic inconsistency is an indictment on the coaching staff.

7-1 followed by 1-4 is a joke.
You really want to blame coaching when the defense for all intents and purposes gave up 7 points. When the offense leaves 14 pts on the field w/ dropped TDs. Today was clearly a day where the players didn't execute, not where they weren't well coached.
Yup. It's also not there fault that Jeffery fell on the int that lead to a TD.

Or that Hester dropped a pass that would have put him in a ton of space for a TD...

Or that Jay throw a pass too high towards Marshall that led to the other INT.
I place some blame on the Cutler int to Marshall. He should've ran the ball there.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still find is strange how people still believe that the issue of wither we make the playoffs or not is still so black and white that if we don’t Lovie is instantly fired when you look at the injury list of this year…guys who have missed time…

Jay Cutler
Matt Forte
Michael Bush
Evan Rodriguez
Alshon Jeffery
Earl Bennett
Devin Hester
Chris Spencer
Chilo Rachal
Lance Louis
Shea McClellin
Henry Melton
Stephen Paea
Brian Urlacher
Charles Tillman
Tim Jennings
Chris Conte

That’s 17 guys…almost all starters at one point or another…any team with this kind of injury list would start to struggle as those injures mount up…I don’t believe that poor coaching has been our downfall over the last few weeks…I feel simply not having enough depth has been…that is something that I fully believe Emery will address over the next year or two but we have to keep some perspective here…we have won 8 games this year…that’s more than 21 other teams in the NFL at this point…we aren’t a bad football team…we are just one that needs some more talent, depth and unfortunately a little bit of luck to keep more guys healthy.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

You really want to blame coaching when the defense for all intents and purposes gave up 7 points. When the offense leaves 14 pts on the field w/ dropped TDs. Today was clearly a day where the players didn't execute, not where they weren't well coached.

Yes the players are not blameless.

When your players consistently don't play we'll in important games that is more than a player problem.

Why do the Bears players play poorly in big game?

Lovie fails to get his team ready against good teams.

But continue to defend and believe in Lovie, but 1 playoff trip in 5 years is not good enough for me.
Do you understand the difference in preparation and execution. Preparation: being in the right position to make a play. Execution: making the play. The players were prepared fine, they had opportunities to make plays, they however didn't make those plays, they didn't execute. And its not like the Bears players don't play well in every big game, they've had back to back games where they have been in position to make plays that could have decided the game, and they failed to do so. They also have many times over the course of Lovie Smith's career made those plays. To quote Gale Sayers, coaches coach and players play.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

When your players consistently don't play we'll in important games that is more than a player problem.

But continue to defend and believe in Lovie, but 1 playoff trip in 5 years is not good enough for me.
Do you understand the difference in preparation and execution. Preparation: being in the right position to make a play. Execution: making the play. The players were prepared fine, they had opportunities to make plays, they however didn't make those plays, they didn't execute. And its not like the Bears players don't play well in every big game, they've had back to back games where they have been in position to make plays that could have decided the game, and they failed to do so. They also have many times over the course of Lovie Smith's career made those plays. To quote Gale Sayers, coaches coach and players play.

I understand the difference.

But we cannot cut all the players who don't perform. It is Lovie's job to ensure that the players make the plays.

Whether it is fair or not when an entire group of employees are not performing it is the manager that is fired.

Do you think we can win a Superbowl with Lovie?
Nads786

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is mostly on the offensive side... They are so inconsistent from top to bottom

There is zero accountability on that side of the ball putting the defensive under insane pressure to play mistake free football. Totally unfair, if we have a top 15 Offense and a top 15 Defense we would be so much better now..

Constantly dropping passes (I'm looking at you kellen davis) is ridiculous and they keep on doing it...

We need a total overall on offense this year, We need one of EVERYTHING!

Oline, WR, TE etc etc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Posts like this and you question whether I thought your post in the Toub thread was really a shot at Lovie? You are always ragging on him, even when he isn't responsible (like for today's loss). Please explain how Lovie can in any way impact whether Jeffery slips coming out of a break or Cutler overthrows a pass. I am dying to know what Lovie could have done differently to prevent those things.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Posts like this and you question whether I thought your post in the Toub thread was really a shot at Lovie? You are always ragging on him, even when he isn't responsible (like for today's loss). Please explain how Lovie can in any way impact whether Jeffery slips coming out of a break or Cutler overthrows a pass. I am dying to know what Lovie could have done differently to prevent those things.

You are correct I am not a Lovie fan and I have good reasons not to be.

He has not lived up to the expectations I have for this team and I feel 9 years is enough time to judge his abilities.

He is a 9-7 coach and he has proven that over the last decade and tht is not good enough to win Superbowls, unless you are Tom Coughlin.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wtf is this site... http://www.chgobearsfans.com/post/pick-one-free-agent-from-each-listed-position ?

All their posts are our posts with our posters' names on them...but it's not our site.

And worst of all, that last post by "pearl", "Grossman - that's all we need", I'm pretty sure was made by me......WHY WAS I NOT CREDITED DAMMIT!?!?

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Wtf is this site... http://www.chgobearsfans.com/post/pick-one-free-agent-from-each-listed-position ?

All their posts are our posts with our posters' names on them...but it's not our site.

And worst of all, that last post by "pearl", "Grossman - that's all we need", I'm pretty sure was made by me......WHY WAS I NOT CREDITED DAMMIT!?!?

Seems like a Spanish mirror of this site? on the main page, all of the posters are listed as "Por Anonymous" with the date listed as "el xx/xx/xxxx"
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Seems like a Spanish mirror of this site? on the main page, all of the posters are listed as "Por Anonymous" with the date listed as "el xx/xx/xxxx"

You're missing the point....

WHY WASN'T I INCLUDED?!?!

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-chicago-bears-resign-amobi-okoye-20121212,0,3435231.story

Quote:
Amobi Okoye is back for his third tour with the Chicago Bears.

The club announced Wednesday that the defensive tackle has been signed to fill out the 53-man roster after a series of moves were made Tuesday. He takes the place of guard/center Andre Gurode, who was waived.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

The Bears were ridiculously close from being 10-3. You look at the Seattle and Minnesota games, and there were a LOT of plays where guys were in position to make game-changing plays, be it a missed tackle, a pick right on the hands/numbers, or a TD pass on the hands/numbers, and simply did not execute.

That is not acceptable. Every team has their bad days, and somebody has to step up and make a play. Unfortunately it can't be Cutler/Marshall every time while everybody else either looks overwhelmed, confused, or shaken.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Marshall: "I don't like the Green Bay Packers and their players."

I love Brandon Marshall.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bears placed DT Matt Toeaina (knee) on season-ending injured reserve and promoted OT Cory Brandon from the practice squad.

Toeaina appeared in just three games this season and registered four tackles. After being the starting nose tackle in 2011, he fell behind Stepen Paea and Nate Collins on the depth chart this season. Toeaina is signed for $760,000 in 2013. Brandon has never appeared in an NFL game after entering the league in 2011 out of Oklahoma.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, now we get to listen to Cory Brandon hype...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 25 of 100

Jump to: