Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raq11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Via Zaidman...

Quote:
37 years ago today, Walter Payton made his NFL debut in #Bears 35-7 loss to Colts. He was held to no yards rushing on eight carries.

Who knew what was to come after that performance lol...still the greatest RB of all time even after all these years.

If that happened in 2012? This board would blow up, we'd be calling for Jim Finks' head and the 85 bears would have never been built
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Zaidman...

Quote:
37 years ago today, Walter Payton made his NFL debut in #Bears 35-7 loss to Colts. He was held to no yards rushing on eight carries.

Who knew what was to come after that performance lol...still the greatest RB of all time even after all these years.

If that happened in 2012? This board would blow up, we'd be calling for Jim Finks' head and the 85 bears would have never been built

No doubt Laughing
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter Paytons a bust.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
raq11 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Zaidman...

Quote:

No doubt Laughing

Yeah... If there is any negative to come out of the evolution of technology it is that people are far too reactionary. We were talking about it at work the other day and came to the consensus that the Madden video game franchise is almost single handedly responsible for the lack of fan patience for player development (since pseudo perfection is easily achieved in a simulated reality with plug-and-play seamless player integration).

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CHI-TOWN Bear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the Bears will draft an O-linemen in the first?
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHI-TOWN Bear wrote:

We always forget what those things are til the 7th round or later, so no.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHI-TOWN Bear wrote:

Too early to decide…our Oline was very good against the Colts & terrible against the Packers…have to give it a little more time to see how it shakes out…the most important thing is we draft talent at whatever position.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I waited to order my Bears jersey they finally had the throw back one in stock in the limited version.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions losing to the Titans is a big help for us...I thought they would walk over Tennessee.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
The Lions losing to the Titans is a big help for us...I thought they would walk over Tennessee.
I picked Tennessee in my work pool. I have no faith in Detroit. I like how Detroit's head coach pointed the finger on that one.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Biggs...

Quote:
What kind of pace is #Bears pass rush on through 3 games? Record setting. Seriously.

The Bears recorded six sacks of Rams QB Sam Bradford in today’s 23-6 victory, giving them 14. It’s very early but that puts the defense on pace for 74.7 sacks. The 1984 Bears hold the NFL record for most sacks in a single season with 72.

The last time the Bears had 14 sacks through the first three games was 1987 when the defense totaled 70 sacks – a figure that likely would have been larger had it not been a 15-game season due to a labor stoppage.

The best thing about the pass rush to this point is it is coming from all angles. Israel Idonije was credited with 2.5 in the win and now five players have at least 1.5 sacks. That makes it difficult for offenses to scheme against. We’ll see if the Bears can continue the pace. Thus far, it's been impressive.

Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Israel Idonije on defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli: "He is a mastermind when it comes to putting schemes together."

ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Walter Paytons a bust.

in canton

blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Israel Idonije on defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli: "He is a mastermind when it comes to putting schemes together."

I thought it was interesting when they were in a 3-4 in the second half.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Via Zaidman...

Quote:

At one point they were in a 3 man front and Shea was standing up, jumping back and forth in the gaps.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Via Zaidman...

Quote:

It wasn’t really 3-4…it was a 3 man downline with McClellin standing up as a joker type rusher…he actually did a good job getting into the passing lane and forcing Bradford to go to his 2nd read on one of the plays…overall no matter where each linemen was lined up it was another great outing for the Dline with plenty of pressure…I haven’t watched it back yet but you get the impression that St. Louis we doubling up on Melton a lot given the production of the rest of the line and how quiet he was…if he was drawing double teams then he is still doing his job in their freeing up the rest of the Dline…much like Peppers does week in week out.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: