Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10425
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
BEARS24 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Safe to say we need to get Alshon back soon...

Quote:
Marshall (59 receptions, 797 yards, 7 TDs), who accounts for 57 percent of the Bears’ wide receiver receptions, 59 percent of the yards and 70 percent of the touchdowns.


We really need to get that complimentary target back.

I hope we don't rush him though...

No point making his injury one that plagues him for life if he is hit in the hand again for the sake of a game...
broken bones don't work that way, the bone will actually be harder after its healed and calcified than it was before it was broken. The idea that he would be held out for precautionary reasons is ludacris.
I disagree Supe. Once a bone if fully healed you are correct it is stronger than before. However, that is once it is fully healed. I think they are just wanting to make sure that it IS in fact fully healed before we get him back out there.

I'd rather have him sit the next month if that's what it takes to have him be fully healthy for what I hope is a run of games extending into February.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3543
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in agreement there AZ. Whatever it takes to get him at 100% to hopefully be firing on all cylinders in February.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisBear


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 249
Location: Memphis, TN
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have no idea if he'll develop into anything more than a special teamer.. But does JT Thomas look huge to anyone else when he's on the field?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21836
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisBear wrote:
I still have no idea if he'll develop into anything more than a special teamer.. But does JT Thomas look huge to anyone else when he's on the field?


He looked the same last year...the year on IR he must have just been working out like crazy.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21836
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bears sack leader DT Henry Melton, in the final year of his rookie contract, is open to an in-season extension.

Melton also leads the Bears with 15 QB pressures. "Everybody knows that we've got a good situation here, and I love the city, and I love the fan base," Melton said. "I'd like to stay here for a long time." The team has roughly $3 million in cap space available for a Melton deal. While they prefer to wait until the offseason, the Bears are not strictly opposed to an in-season extension.


The sooner the better.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 14896
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Devin Hester really set to make $11m this year? Can we just cut him...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21836
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Is Devin Hester really set to make $11m this year? Can we just cut him...?


No he isn’t due anywhere near as much of that…the massive bonus of like $10 million was only due if he went from crazy numbers as a #1 receiver…his base salary next year is $1.857 million with a cap figure of $2.94 million…there was an escalator of $4.42 million but he won’t have reached the receiving targets for that either.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 14896
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Is Devin Hester really set to make $11m this year? Can we just cut him...?


No he isn’t due anywhere near as much of that…the massive bonus of like $10 million was only due if he went from crazy numbers as a #1 receiver…his base salary next year is $1.857 million with a cap figure of $2.94 million…there was an escalator of $4.42 million but he won’t have reached the receiving targets for that either.


Thank. God.

Let's give him $.8m this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 9276
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this image: http://i.imgur.com/Z8kTg.jpg?1

Last edited by TankWilliams on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 14896
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
I love this image:


Awesome.

You need to post more, T-Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 9276
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would if only life weren't so hectic right now. I rarely get the chance to sit down and relax anymore, and unfortunately I only get to see Bears games if they are aired at 3 or later because of my job, so I haven't been able to watch much. I don't feel like I can provide much input on the bears this season since I've only been able to see about 3 or 4 games so far.

Also, sorry for posting the image so big. For some reason when I tried to post image tags around the image after I reduced the size, the image wasn't displayed, so I just made it link the URL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 14896
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
I would if only life weren't so hectic right now. I rarely get the chance to sit down and relax anymore, and unfortunately I only get to see Bears games if they are aired at 3 or later because of my job, so I haven't been able to watch much. I don't feel like I can provide much input on the bears this season since I've only been able to see about 3 or 4 games so far.

Also, sorry for posting the image so big. For some reason when I tried to post image tags around the image after I reduced the size, the image wasn't displayed, so I just made it link the URL.


If you resize it but dont save it and just take a screenshot and paste it to microsoft paint, you can resize it there and repost it to photobucket. It's what I do when I make sigs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 9276
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
I would if only life weren't so hectic right now. I rarely get the chance to sit down and relax anymore, and unfortunately I only get to see Bears games if they are aired at 3 or later because of my job, so I haven't been able to watch much. I don't feel like I can provide much input on the bears this season since I've only been able to see about 3 or 4 games so far.

Also, sorry for posting the image so big. For some reason when I tried to post image tags around the image after I reduced the size, the image wasn't displayed, so I just made it link the URL.


If you resize it but dont save it and just take a screenshot and paste it to microsoft paint, you can resize it there and repost it to photobucket. It's what I do when I make sigs.


I resized it successfully, thats the easy part. Then I uploaded to imgur and then for some reason it just didn't embed. Oh well, I'm too tired to try and figure it out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 9276
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buddy of mine randomly called me up and offered me a ticket for tomorrows game. Second row, 45 yard line. I owe him big time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17566
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
A buddy of mine randomly called me up and offered me a ticket for tomorrows game. Second row, 45 yard line. I owe him big time.


Have a good time Tank Very Happy
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 17 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group