Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
Matt Forte unhappy losing carries to Michael Bush

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060389/article/matt-forte-unhappy-losing-carries-to-michael-bush?module=HP11_headline_stack

Quote:
Matt Forte pumped out 80 yards off 16 carries Sunday, but the Chicago Bears running back was more concerned about the touches he didn't receive in the team's 41-21 win over the Indianapolis Colts.

This is why we signed Michael Bush, Matt...

But we passed the ball too much and needed WAY more Forte IMO, he had two great runs and could have had more against a defense minus its best player, especially when its a pass rusher...
He won't be "unhappy" in December after he has been hit a couple of hundred FEWER times because Bush is here. If they can limit his carries to 20 a game he might earn all of his contract and everyone will be happy.

Now he should be able to pound the Pack that much better.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Brandon Marshall absolutely is killing it on Sports Sunday. He's doing a great job of explaining plays so even non-football people can understand it.
That was a very good show. Marshall seems like a really nice guy.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
Matt Forte unhappy losing carries to Michael Bush

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060389/article/matt-forte-unhappy-losing-carries-to-michael-bush?module=HP11_headline_stack

Quote:
Matt Forte pumped out 80 yards off 16 carries Sunday, but the Chicago Bears running back was more concerned about the touches he didn't receive in the team's 41-21 win over the Indianapolis Colts.

This is why we signed Michael Bush, Matt...

But we passed the ball too much and needed WAY more Forte IMO, he had two great runs and could have had more against a defense minus its best player, especially when its a pass rusher...
The game against the Pack is the one where we can rush him more. We didn't really care if Luck was on the field or not. With him on the field good things could happen for us and did. With Rodgers on the field more than likely Bad things would happen so keep him off by running Forte and Bush at them.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a breakdown of JP's game against the Colts for anyone who's interested lol...

Quote:
Julius Peppers…

Snaps Played…50
QB Sacks…0
QB Pressures…5
Tackles…3
TFL…0
FF…0
FR…1
INT…0
PD…0
Penalties Committed…0
Penalty Yards…0

1st series…1st play of the game and Peppers is hit first by the LT then double teamed by an OT playing TE & the RB…nothing new for JP…3rd & 3 Peppers is lined up inside…simply dominates the OG by pushing him into the QBs lap forcing a bad throw…first pressure of the season…2nd series…2nd & 2…JP comes off the edge virtually unblocked…no Olinemen touches him…the RB tries to slow him down but Peppers blows past him…gets his hand on the QB who does a good job stepping away from him…more pressure for Toe forces a bad throw…3rd & 2…Peppers with yet another pressure on an inside bull rush forcing the QB to take off for a short gain before Melton takes him down at the first down marker…3rd series…2nd & 9…draw play from the Colts…Peppers does a nice job stopping his pass rush…using his hands to get off the block and making the tackle for a short gain…3rd & 5…this is the play with the phantom call on McClellin for being offside…he wasn’t lined up in the neutral zone and if he was the whole Dline was…Peppers inside against being simply dominate…the centre can’t handle his combination of speed and power and is pushed backwards then aside…Peppers hits Luck forcing a fumble…but the BS call on the penalty negates the play…4th series…nothing much of note...on the 2nd Colts play Tim Jennings makes a great INT…5th series…after another poor call by the refs on a PI against Tim Jennings the Bears face 1st & 10…Peppers beats his man with easy to the outside but the Colts execute a nice run up the gut for a big gain…2nd & 10 after the resulting 1st down…Peppers again shows way too much power for the LT…jolting him backwards…when he see Luck begin to step up he gets off the block and gets a hand on the QB who again does a good job of running through it and finding Wayne for another 1st down…Peppers first poor play of the game…the Colts run a counter that looks like it’s going to the outside…Peppers along with Melton are put on skates leaving a big cut back lane for the RB to go for a big gain & TD…6th series…nothing much of note…Bears are in prevent D just before the half…7th series…nothing much of note…Colts go 3 & out…8th series…1st & 10 after a penalty called on Nick Roach…Colts finally find a way of stopping Peppers…he is engaged with the LT and the RB basically blindsides him with a chip block knocking Peppers to the ground before going out on his route…fails to make the easy catch tho…after a few 1st downs the Bears face 2nd & 10…run play up the middle…Peppers gets of the block of the RT to make the play down the field…on the next play Chris Conte picks one off in the endzone following the tip by Tim Jennings…9th series…Corey Wootton gets in for a sack/FF and JP is in the perfect place to recover it…10th series…after a few plays off Peppers comes into the game on a 1st & 10 for the Colts…makes a really good play against the run fighting off the block of the LT and taking the RB all the way to the sideline for a run of no gain…3rd & 10…Peppers & Melton run a stunt…JP shows too much power for the OG and again gets a hand on the QB forcing the quick throw which is incomplete…Colts get the 1st down on 4th down tho before going down the field for the score…11th series…nothing much of note on this one for JP…12th series…didn’t play a snap on this series…Tim Jennings with his 2nd pick ends the game.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Bears believe the injury that knocked Matt Forte out of Thursday's game is a high-ankle sprain.

This comes as no surprise to anyone who saw the replay of Forte twisting the ankle under Charles Woodson's knee. It's horrendous news for Forte's fantasy value, as he was playing at perhaps the highest level of his career. High-ankle sprains typically keep a skill-position player sidelined four weeks, limiting the ability to make cuts at peak form even longer. It's quite possible Forte may not recapture his pre-injury explosiveness the rest of the season. A must-own in all formats, Michael Bush will take over as a three-down back in the meantime.

This is not good if it's confirmed.
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If McMahon was known as "Punky QB", I think Cutler should get a nickname....

Droopy QB

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
If McMahon was known as "Punky QB", I think Cutler should get a nickname....

Droopy QB

You're heartless
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a terrible feeling Shea>Chandler Jones is going to haunt us for a long long time... He's bullying AZ's Oline, I'd have to use 2 hands to count how many times he's been in the backfield making plays... and its the 2nd quarter. He looks GOOD.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I have a terrible feeling Shea>Chandler Jones is going to haunt us for a long long time... He's bullying AZ's Oline, I'd have to use 2 hands to count how many times he's been in the backfield making plays... and its the 2nd quarter. He looks GOOD.

shea has been making plays too

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Thats not my point... I think Chandler Jones will be the best Defensive player out of this draft class. As I'm typing this he just forced another fumble. The guy is gunna be absolutely elite. Shea will be solid IMO, nothing more.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Thats not my point... I think Chandler Jones will be the best Defensive player out of this draft class. As I'm typing this he just forced another fumble. The guy is gunna be absolutely elite. Shea will be solid IMO, nothing more.

It’s like every other draft pick…fit is everything…in Belichick’s multiple front D Jones will play a lot of 2 gap D…something that with his length and bulk he is perfect for…he will also get the benefit of LBs blitzing more to give him support against his match up…he will get to stand up as the elephant end…here he would be asked to beat his man one on one on 90% of the plays and maybe Emery didn’t feel he had the speed off the edge for that…I would have probably picked Jones but only because he was a readymade every down end…McClellin still isn’t close to his ceiling and might not get there this season…but in the long run I reckon he will be better than just solid.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get back to us in three years on Jones/McClellin. They've played two NFL games so far.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

It’s like every other draft pick…fit is everything…in Belichick’s multiple front D Jones will play a lot of 2 gap D…something that with his length and bulk he is perfect for…he will also get the benefit of LBs blitzing more to give him support against his match up…he will get to stand up as the elephant end…here he would be asked to beat his man one on one on 90% of the plays and maybe Emery didn’t feel he had the speed off the edge for that…I would have probably picked Jones but only because he was a readymade every down end…McClellin still isn’t close to his ceiling and might not get there this season…but in the long run I reckon he will be better than just solid.

just watching shea play he's got great closing speed and pretty good spin move. plus he plays with alot of energy and effort and it shows

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

just watching shea play he's got great closing speed and pretty good spin move. plus he plays with alot of energy and effort and it shows

Yeah there’s no doubt in my mind if he can add more strength and he continues to work on his counter move he could be very good…if a guy like Jason Babin can become a sack artist I don’t see a reason McClellin can’t…the other thing I’ve found impressive about McClellin so far is his instincts.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Zaidman...

Quote:
37 years ago today, Walter Payton made his NFL debut in #Bears 35-7 loss to Colts. He was held to no yards rushing on eight carries.

Who knew what was to come after that performance lol...still the greatest RB of all time even after all these years.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

Jump to: