Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Bears players had their "rookie night" which I presume is when the rookies take the veterans out to dinner....here's a picture of their bill from Henry Melton...

http://instagram.com/p/QmplZlDEf_/

$38,000!
Laughing Shocked

That's ridiculous. Almost 4k just in tax Laughing

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Bears MLB Brian Urlacher (knee) admits he's still not at 100 percent.

Urlacher has just 20 tackles, no interceptions and two pass breakups through five games. His snaps have been limited at times. "It's frustrating not being to do things you've always been able to do," he said. Urlacher is finding out how hard it is to come back off sprained knee ligaments at age 34. The bye weeks should do him some good.

As I wrote in my mock not being the same player you were before takes its toll regardless of the level you play at.

Before this season started, my father whose had 7 knee surgeries(ACL x2, MCL, PCL, LCL, meniscus) everything you could think of. He didn't hesitate when saying, "Urlacher will not come back from this knee surgery, mark my words" I refused to believe it, but its time to face reality. This should, in all scenarios be Urlachers last season in the NFL.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Offensive coordinator Mike Tice said he may implement more no-huddle looks into the Bears' scheme.

The Bears briefly ran some no-huddle during the second quarter of last week's blowout in Jacksonville. Tice seems to believe it helps the offensive line carve out holes in the running game because the defense is off guard. Still, we wouldn't expect the Bears to suddenly turn into the Patriots or Ravens. They can't put too much trust in the inconsistent Jay Cutler.

It’s great to have an OC who isn’t so arrogant to think this his scheme can’t be made any better…Tice will look at as many options as he can to help the offence improve…you get the feeling the Phil Emery attitude of never being satisfied with what you have is trickling down the who franchise…it’s a real breath of fresh air.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Offensive coordinator Mike Tice said he may implement more no-huddle looks into the Bears' scheme.

The Bears briefly ran some no-huddle during the second quarter of last week's blowout in Jacksonville. Tice seems to believe it helps the offensive line carve out holes in the running game because the defense is off guard. Still, we wouldn't expect the Bears to suddenly turn into the Patriots or Ravens. They can't put too much trust in the inconsistent Jay Cutler.

It’s great to have an OC who isn’t so arrogant to think this his scheme can’t be made any better…Tice will look at as many options as he can to help the offence improve…you get the feeling the Phil Emery attitude of never being satisfied with what you have is trickling down the who franchise…it’s a real breath of fresh air.
That had to come from rotoworld

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Bears players had their "rookie night" which I presume is when the rookies take the veterans out to dinner....here's a picture of their bill from Henry Melton...

http://instagram.com/p/QmplZlDEf_/

$38,000!
Laughing Shocked

That's ridiculous. Almost 4k just in tax Laughing
izzy just tweeted, it was a practical joke they played on the rooks, not the real bill.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Forte only needs 5 more receptions to break into the Bears top 10 all time receiver list (he has 233 currently).
bears2308

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
Matt Forte only needs 5 more receptions to break into the Bears top 10 all time receiver list (he has 233 currently).

Ahh. Sad but funny at the same time. Love me some Forte.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Shaw just had a punt block for Tennessee that will give the Titans 1st and goal from the 1. I miss that guy.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as some don't like him around here you have to respect this...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8491925/kellen-davis-chicago-bears-raising-funds-slain-fan-family

Quote:
Chicago Bears tight end Kellen Davis is turning to current and former teammates to help raise money for the family of William "Christopher" Pettry, the Bears fan slain early Sunday in Jacksonville, Fla.

The 42-year-old Pettry, a Lake Villa, Ill., resident in town for the Bears-Jaguars game, was stabbed at Fionn MacCool's, an Irish restaurant and bar in the Jacksonville Landing area. He later was pronounced dead. Jacksonville resident Matthew Hinson, 28, was arrested for the crime and since has been charged with felony murder.

Davis and his agent, Wayne Jett, are hosting a fundraiser for the family Saturday at John Barleycorn-Wrigleyville in Chicago. Bears memorabilia and other items will be auctioned off to help raise funds to assist Pettry's wife, Karen, and her three children. Pettry was the sole financial provider for his family at the time of his death.

In addition to Saturday's event, Davis and his camp also set up a webpage where donations can be made.

"My heart goes out to the Pettry family that lost their loved one over a senseless act," Davis said. "I wanted to show my support when I heard about this, so I started a donation page and am participating in a fundraiser that my team helped put together."

DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one reason why I dont really like going to away games. If I do I generally keep to myself. You never know what drunk morons will do. Sad story.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
This is one reason why I dont really like going to away games. If I do I generally keep to myself. You never know what drunk morons will do. Sad story.

I love going to away games, but I certainly wouldn't go to a bar, and if I did, I wouldn't wear anything representative of my home city before gameday.

Furthermore, there are several cities where I would not stay for away games. No offense to the people of Jacksonville, but their city is one of them. I stayed outside of Jacksonville for last Sunday's game.

Those are just my personal preferences; I'm not saying the guy killed shouldn't have been there.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I love going to away games, especially if I can get a few buddies to go with me. When that happens I get painted up, take posterboard signs, and am the most vocal fan there. I am batting .1000 at away games, so it has been dang fun. We talk about plays being brought to you by ditka and polish sausage. People hate us. I haven't been stabbed in the parking lot yet, but the whole Jacksonville incident makes you wonder. I'll tell you this much, there ain't no way I'm going to a road game in Oakland. Anxious
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what it sounds like it had nothing to do with a bears jaguar rivalry. It had to do more with him talking to some dude's wife and her husband got jealous and stabbed him in the throat. It is really nice that several Bears (including Davis and Marshall) are helping the family of one of their loyal fans.

blkwdw13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I love going to away games, but I certainly wouldn't go to a bar, and if I did, I wouldn't wear anything representative of my home city before gameday.

Furthermore, there are several cities where I would not stay for away games. No offense to the people of Jacksonville, but their city is one of them. I stayed outside of Jacksonville for last Sunday's game.

Those are just my personal preferences; I'm not saying the guy killed shouldn't have been there.

This is stupid to say, there is good parts and bad parts of Jacksonville just like there is in every city especially Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
From what it sounds like it had nothing to do with a bears jaguar rivalry.

There is no Bears/Jags rivalry, for starters.

ShaggyBear wrote:
It is really nice that several Bears (including Davis and Marshall) are helping the family of one of their loyal fans.

Yeah, Marshall's quote was particularly touching.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 9 of 100

Jump to: