Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T-Rich
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

braylonsHands wrote:
bulldog wrote:
according to PFF, Trent had 32 yards after contact. He had 39 yards rushing total....

Based on his 19 carries that is an extra 1.68 yards. I would imagine a power back like him should be able to fall forward for that amount.

When your falling forward for a net average of 2.1 yards a carry, I am not impressed.

This wasn't really the point I was going for. The point was this...

T-Rich gained 82% of his rushing yards AFTERA contact. Most in the league for week one.

The next closed RB, who played at least 50% of the snaps, was S. Jackson at 79.2%.

Most RB's were in the 55%-65% range.

Least amount was *BJGE, who only got 37.4% of his yards after contact. Next waas Kevin Smith and LeSean McCoy with 46% and 48% of their rushing yards after contact.

*this is good for cinci OL, but not good for BJGE.
bzane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgdish wrote:
Coming off a knee procedure

1st game in the NFL

Atrocious O-Line play

Even worse QB play, ensuring that he was the only one the defense had to worry about

I'd say there are a lot of other factors in play here, and T-Rich can still be a stud

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm reading a lot about terrible O-line play by the Browns here. And I admit I almost never get to watch them. I am only going by what I have read, but:

I thought Joe Thomas was supposed to be an outstanding left tackle- perhaps the best in the game?

I thought Alex Mack was supposed to be a good, solid center?

Mitchell Schwartz was drafted, I thought, high in the second round, and is considered a promising right tackle?

I seem to remember reading that Jason Pinkston had a pretty good rookie season?

-With all that- especially Joe Thomas and Alex Mack- where does this proclaimed horrible blocking come from? Did they all have off games, or was it lousy coaching/scheme, or what?
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
dawgdish wrote:
Coming off a knee procedure

1st game in the NFL

Atrocious O-Line play

Even worse QB play, ensuring that he was the only one the defense had to worry about

I'd say there are a lot of other factors in play here, and T-Rich can still be a stud

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm reading a lot about terrible O-line play by the Browns here. And I admit I almost never get to watch them. I am only going by what I have read, but:

I thought Joe Thomas was supposed to be an outstanding left tackle- perhaps the best in the game?

I thought Alex Mack was supposed to be a good, solid center?

Mitchell Schwartz was drafted, I thought, high in the second round, and is considered a promising right tackle?

I seem to remember reading that Jason Pinkston had a pretty good rookie season?

-With all that- especially Joe Thomas and Alex Mack- where does this proclaimed horrible blocking come from? Did they all have off games, or was it lousy coaching/scheme, or what?

It was the first game of the year against a team with a very good defensive line.

Schwartz is a rookie, Pinkston is in his second year, Lavaou his third. They have a young OL in general.

They'll improve.

Also, the OL played well in the passing game, it was the run blocking that left something to be desired, at least IMO.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have gone over the game 3 times now and I don't see where this bashing of Pinkston is coming from. The guy actually played good. A pro-bowler? No. But he saved a sack on one play, had some real good pushes with Mack, and had solid pass protection all game long. Only 2-3 bad snaps. Lavauo had an above average game compared to his usual as well. His problem is he is not consistent with his drop backs on pass pro, leading lanes inside open for dts and de's. The biggest offender was Schwartz, getting owned on the run and the pass on about 10 plays; way too many. 3-4 is ok, but 10? The good thing is that Babin in the wide 9 is most likely the toughest edge match he will face this season. The bad thing is that he got tossed aside on 2-3 run plays by him quite embarrassingly. If I were the coaches this week I would be running behind that left side.

And please, do not try and do HB draws when the other teams KNOWS you are running. The first one was good, but it ruined the drive in the 4th on the eagles 45. The only other call I have a problem with was alex smith as the fb trying to block back to the left side after being motioned right. Richardson doesn't need that kind of crap to break free and it doesn't work anyways.

I expect Schwartz to play much better this game and Richardson as well after Maulaluga decided to open his mouth.
bulldog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
Well I have gone over the game 3 times now and I don't see where this bashing of Pinkston is coming from. The guy actually played good. A pro-bowler? No. But he saved a sack on one play, had some real good pushes with Mack, and had solid pass protection all game long. Only 2-3 bad snaps. Lavauo had an above average game compared to his usual as well. His problem is he is not consistent with his drop backs on pass pro, leading lanes inside open for dts and de's. The biggest offender was Schwartz, getting owned on the run and the pass on about 10 plays; way too many. 3-4 is ok, but 10? The good thing is that Babin in the wide 9 is most likely the toughest edge match he will face this season. The bad thing is that he got tossed aside on 2-3 run plays by him quite embarrassingly. If I were the coaches this week I would be running behind that left side.

And please, do not try and do HB draws when the other teams KNOWS you are running. The first one was good, but it ruined the drive in the 4th on the eagles 45. The only other call I have a problem with was alex smith as the fb trying to block back to the left side after being motioned right. Richardson doesn't need that kind of crap to break free and it doesn't work anyways.

I expect Schwartz to play much better this game and Richardson as well after Maulaluga decided to open his mouth.

The biggest problem, is the OL isn't working together.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
wukusimw wrote:

The biggest problem, is the OL isn't working together.

I think their biggest problem was the team they were facing.

Saw Adam Caplan say that Babin had the best hrade he's ever given a DE. Welcome to the NFL, Mitchell Schwartz.

It was the most impressive defense I saw of the games I watched this weekend, by far. Including Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Defensive end rotation is so good, that 1st round pick Brandon Graham and 2nd round pick Vinny Curry barely saw the field. Best line in the NFL, IMO.

Now they're being backed up by two speedy tackling machines, and the boundaries covered by two of the NFL's best.

Injury free, should be the league's best defense this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: