Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T-Rich
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Question

Was Lavaou an OT at ASU?

yes
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Question

Was Lavaou an OT at ASU?

yes

It's starting to make sense to me. Pinky plays too much like an OT. I wonder if Lavaou is having the same problem.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Question

Was Lavaou an OT at ASU?

yes

It's starting to make sense to me. Pinky plays too much like an OT. I wonder if Lavaou is having the same problem.

I don't know much about OL play but I do wonder If these guys don't explode off the snap and try and drive guys back because of there OT backgrounds.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Onizuka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Really....... The OL was horrible and the play calling was bad as well. We only ran left at there best LBer.

We don't need threads like this.

What threads do we need? Don't take your anger/frustrations out on me.

Let me know if ANY other starting RB gets less than 39 yards or 2.1 avg.

If the o-line is to blame, I blame Heckert and Holmgren. If T-Rich is to blame, I blame Heckert and Holmgren.

RGIII looked incredible, Weeden and T-Rich looked like trash.

Let's see how they respond, but let's stop defending the front office.

Well I don't know if you heard about this one RB....I believe his name is Chris Johnson.....well anyway, after missing most or all (can't remember) of preseason, he struggled and had similiar games last season....and that's with his QB actually making completions and moving the chains....another similiarity was bad OL play...

It's not really making an excuse....but TRich is only 21 years old and ridiclous talent, but, he did miss all of preseason and is probably not 100% recovered from surgery...also as someone else stated...he almost always got touched before he even made it to the LOS...I'm pretty sure Philly game planned more for TRich then for Weeden throwing the ball considering what they did to him in the preseason....

And are you really still angry we gave up 2 LATE round picks to ensure the Bucs didn't jump us and grab TRich Shocked
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
I think he had more yards after contact than he did rushing yards. He was hit behind the line on almost every single play.

OK so he had what? 1.8 yards after contact? (just a guess)

He's a bust, I've seen all I need to see.

You can understand why giving a 20 year old running back whos ridiculously talented, coming off a knee surgery, and coming off a game where the offense couldn't pass and where the quarterback doesn't audible on several plays where the RB ran into a pile of defenders makes sense right?

Running backs have games like this all the time. Quarterbacks almost never play as bad as Weeden.

Not particularly directed at you RM. But I do want to clarify with my anti T-Rich posts yesterday. I'm not actually anti T-Rich. I absolutely believe he will be a stud in the league. Was merely making hyperbolic statements to show one freaking game is not going to make a career. I've seen rookies come in and light up the NFL only to never do anything ever again. I've seen rookies have absolutely horrid debuts only to come in and light the NFL on fire. The point is it was one freaking game. Can we please give them some time?

To bruceb: were there enough "facts" in there for you? Did I dumb it down enough for you to understand? Or was it too cryptic for you to understand? Not enough negativity?

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
dawgdish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming off a knee procedure

1st game in the NFL

Atrocious O-Line play

Even worse QB play, ensuring that he was the only one the defense had to worry about

I'd say there are a lot of other factors in play here, and T-Rich can still be a stud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm going to keep hope for Weeden, I'm sure as heck going to have hope for Richardson. He played exactly like I expected... like a rookie who missed the preseason, played his 1st game against one of the premier D-Lines in the league, behind an O-line that was still jelling and a playcaller who was as predictable as the day is long.
You could tell he was not used to the speed of the game. Holes that should have been there closed in a split second and left him swallowed up by the defense. His talent didnt just wash away over night... he'll be fine once the offense as a whole gets time to get their head on straight.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgdish wrote:

1st game in the NFL

Atrocious O-Line play

Even worse QB play, ensuring that he was the only one the defense had to worry about

I'd say there are a lot of other factors in play here, and T-Rich can still be a stud

And the fact Philly used Demeko Ryans as a spy on T-rich. Wherever Trent went Demeko followed.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
dawgdish wrote:

1st game in the NFL

Atrocious O-Line play

And the fact Philly used Demeko Ryans as a spy on T-rich. Wherever Trent went Demeko followed.

I didnt pick up on that... if that was the case, then good point. We just need an offensive play-caller who can capitalize on that.
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
dawgdish wrote:

1st game in the NFL

Atrocious O-Line play

And the crappy WR play. I'm a big fan of Richardson (which is why I check this board out from time to time), but it's going to be tough for him to really show what he can do as long as defenses don't have to respect the passing game.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles game plan was to stop the run and force Weeden and our receivers to beat them. Weeden with help from Little and Marecic couldn't.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you kidding me? Did you watch the game? Everyone, including our baphoon of a head coach, who thinks T-Rich was bad obviously doesn't know football.

Our guards are a joke. Schwartz got thrown around like a rag doll while Joe Thomas and Alex Mack were routinely beat across their face. Pat Shurmur says Richardson needs to make people miss and I'd normally agree. Yesterday, however, he never even had a chance most of the time. Lineman were getting shoved into him and his running lanes. Defenders were in his lap before the play even had a chance to develope. It was a [inappropriate/removed] poor called game that hurt T-Rich and a [inappropriate/removed] poor offensive line.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Owen Marecic needs to be cut in favor of Brad Smelley this week. The announcers even commented on how Marecic practices. They said you play like you practice and Marecic dropped it in practice so he dropped it in the game. He can't block to save his life either. If we are going to have a fullback might as well use someone who can catch like Smelley.

Jamison on the sig
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Also, Owen Marecic needs to be cut in favor of Brad Smelley this week. The announcers even commented on how Marecic practices. They said you play like you practice and Marecic dropped it in practice so he dropped it in the game. He can't block to save his life either. If we are going to have a fullback might as well use someone who can catch like Smelley.

Yeah, somehow this guy has gotten a pass for a while now.

He's yet to show me one example of his abilities that warranted being drafted in the 4th round.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the game a 2nd time a little closer and without yelling or alcohol I noticed a few things about Trent:

1. He was one routine block away from breaking free for big chunks of yardage on at least a half dozen plays. Schwartz was the mode culprit. Schwartz let the LDE crash from the wide 9 all the way to the 1 and make the play. Unfreakinacceptable.

2. He got taken down by one tackler many times.

3. He looked nervous. Needs to get loose and shake the rust off. He's going to drastically improve as soon as this Sunday.

<3 JF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: