Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T-Rich
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braylonsHands

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
After watching the game a 2nd time a little closer and without yelling or alcohol I noticed a few things about Trent:

1. He was one routine block away from breaking free for big chunks of yardage on at least a half dozen plays. Schwartz was the mode culprit. Schwartz let the LDE crash from the wide 9 all the way to the 1 and make the play. Unfreakinacceptable.

2. He got taken down by one tackler many times.

3. He looked nervous. Needs to get loose and shake the rust off. He's going to drastically improve as soon as this Sunday.

Your point number 2 is the most concerning. I think TR may have broken 1 or 2 tackles the whole game. I think Shady McCoy broke a tackle every play.

Skipping over sleeper43 posts since 4/19/09
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

braylonsHands wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
After watching the game a 2nd time a little closer and without yelling or alcohol I noticed a few things about Trent:

1. He was one routine block away from breaking free for big chunks of yardage on at least a half dozen plays. Schwartz was the mode culprit. Schwartz let the LDE crash from the wide 9 all the way to the 1 and make the play. Unfreakinacceptable.

3. He looked nervous. Needs to get loose and shake the rust off. He's going to drastically improve as soon as this Sunday.

Your point number 2 is the most concerning. I think TR may have broken 1 or 2 tackles the whole game. I think Shady McCoy broke a tackle every play.

McCoy wasn't getting hit in the backfield every play either.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
braylonsHands wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

T-Rich was obviously not 100%. His agility and acceleration were not present in that game.
dairyu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
T-Rich was obviously not 100%. His agility and acceleration were not present in that game.

Odd you felt that way. I felt the same way about our offensive gameplan that it too was not 100%.... More like 14%.....
Not sure how many ways you can run T-Rich directly into the Philly D but boy did Shurmer give it the old college try.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgdish wrote:
Coming off a knee procedure

1st game in the NFL

Atrocious O-Line play

Even worse QB play, ensuring that he was the only one the defense had to worry about

I'd say there are a lot of other factors in play here, and T-Rich can still be a stud

I don't think the knee was a big factor.
I don't think it being his 1st NFL game was a big factor.
The lack of a passing game goes hand in hand with poor offensive line play, which was the main factor. I remember a game that I think Quinn started, maybe Anderson where we passed like 4 times all game and we still were able to run the ball. This offensive line is not capable of that.

We need some big nasty run blocking offensive linemen. Is Ryan Tucker still living?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to PFF, Trent had 32 yards after contact. He had 39 yards rushing total....
scartownbrowns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hung in and almost won against the dream team. Philly has weaponsssssss. off. and def. Weeden hits smith or Momass. different game. Fort halls in that pass from vick at the end of the game. we win. That was the worst game of offense I have ever seen. If we even play a little better we will get the wins. I was excited T.Rich was out there. He looked like he was actually trying to make something happen.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
dawgdish wrote:
Coming off a knee procedure

1st game in the NFL

Atrocious O-Line play

Even worse QB play, ensuring that he was the only one the defense had to worry about

I'd say there are a lot of other factors in play here, and T-Rich can still be a stud

I don't think the knee was a big factor.
I don't think it being his 1st NFL game was a big factor.
The lack of a passing game goes hand in hand with poor offensive line play, which was the main factor. I remember a game that I think Quinn started, maybe Anderson where we passed like 4 times all game and we still were able to run the ball. This offensive line is not capable of that.

We need some big nasty run blocking offensive linemen. Is Ryan Tucker still living?

True, we were mad predictable. They knew when we going to run, it was all in the formation we lined up in, they played up like they we not going to let the run beat us, and make us pass. We don't have to be predictable all the time, do like Denver did and run out of the shotgun to get the guys out of the box and create natural running lanes. When we line up in double tight, it seems like just a bunch of congestion and no real running lanes

Just stop being unpredictable, maybe pass in double tight formations, and run in shotgun formations...to keep the defense honest and damnit, start running some pick and rub routes to get guys open!!!!!!!!

PSN: bench515lbs
braylonsHands

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
braylonsHands wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

I disagree. There were many plays where we had McCoy in the back field for a 5 yard loss and he would make people miss and get back to the LOS.

I think Rich was getting hit in the backfield, but he just looked bad.

braylonsHands

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scartownbrowns wrote:
We hung in and almost won against the dream team. Philly has weaponsssssss. off. and def. Weeden hits smith or Momass. different game. Fort halls in that pass from vick at the end of the game. we win. That was the worst game of offense I have ever seen. If we even play a little better we will get the wins. I was excited T.Rich was out there. He looked like he was actually trying to make something happen.

There are a lot of IFs. I doubt our D will play that well vs a good QB again. IF the Eagles ran the ball for 4 quarters, we would not have stood a chance...

MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

braylonsHands wrote:
scartownbrowns wrote:

There are a lot of IFs. I doubt our D will play that well vs a good QB again. IF the Eagles ran the ball for 4 quarters, we would not have stood a chance...

I believe they will, they wont have to worry about containing as much as a guy like Vick except RGIII, the only reason we wont if the defense gets discouraged by our offense

PSN: bench515lbs
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

braylonsHands wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

This is completely wrong. McCoy didn't do an awful lot early on.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
braylonsHands

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
braylonsHands wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

This is completely wrong. McCoy didn't do an awful lot early on.

We had a guy in the backfield so many times when he got the ball. He just made guys miss. Most RB's don't start off hot, they get better as defenses wear down as ours did.

McCoy had 20 carries for 110 yards with an average of 5.5 yards a carry. One of the biggest problems with the Eagles is that they did not go to him enough.

Regardless, if you look at the production it was there.

braylonsHands

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
braylonsHands wrote:
pnies20 wrote:

Ok, maybe not getting hit, but there were so many plays where we had a guy in the backfield or him bottled up 1 on 1 and he got by them. He is more of a finesse back who got by way more people than Trent did.

I did not record the game for obvious reasons, but if I could go back to his 20 carries, I would see that at least 1/3 to 1/2 of them, we had a guy in position to make a play at or behind the line of scrimmage and McCoy, like many great NFL players, makes a guy miss one on one very often.

braylonsHands

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
according to PFF, Trent had 32 yards after contact. He had 39 yards rushing total....

Based on his 19 carries that is an extra 1.68 yards. I would imagine a power back like him should be able to fall forward for that amount.

When your falling forward for a net average of 2.1 yards a carry, I am not impressed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: