Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden reminds me of 09-10 Delhomme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
Robertson for president. He's on pace for 16 ints!!! Hall of fame. One game and I'm sure campaign FTW!!!

Every once in a while -- or maybe once, for starters -- it might be a good idea to have a point and to support it with facts and logic. Just sayin'.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
Robertson for president. He's on pace for 16 ints!!! Hall of fame. One game and I'm sure campaign FTW!!!

Every once in a while -- or maybe once, for starters -- it might be a good idea to have a point and to support it with facts and logic. Just sayin'.

k when ya gonna start

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
DawgX wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
Why didn't you guys just trade up for RG3?

Not sure if serious...

He's way younger, and 10 times better.

You could have gave up what WAS gave up and still had your 1st rounder to use.

Last edited by simonwayne on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
brownsfan214

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
DawgX wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
Why didn't you guys just trade up for RG3?

Not sure if serious...

He's way younger, and 10 times better.

You could have gave up what STL gave up and still had your 1st rounder to use.

Yeah but we wouldn't be the Browns if we selecting someone like RG3, we love the thrill of getting to select a new QB every other draft!

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce, seriously, turn your computer off and throw it out the window. Come back when you have a purpose.

#JDI
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously with this [inappropriate/removed]..........

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you random troll [inappropriate/removed] get out of here already. Jrry, how did the Rams end up? o ya

Simonwayne, you are one of the biggest homers on the site. Not sure if you are trolling or dumb as [inappropriate/removed].

Have a good night.

#JDI
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest question - How many games this bad until you would rather have Colt start?

I was of the opinion that we should let Weeden play all 16 games no matter what, but I didn't think I would see him suck quiet this bad. I would give him 4 of these before giving Colt another go.

Thats assuming he doesn't have some good games mixed in. If he has a few games that are decent let him take all 16.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what happens when you hand the starting job to a 29-year-old rookie before he even steps on the practice field.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan214 wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:
I saw DA similarities from day one. Some of you need to be realistic and curb your optimism. DA went to a pro bowl. I don't say that with malice intent. But I see many similarities between the two.

I still have no idea why there is so much hate for DA. I loved the guy, he played extremely well and almost got us into the playoffs. He came out of nowhere and became a pro bowler. Im sick of people always disgracing this guy.

Because most of his success was because of the amazing, yet malcontent, talent around him and pure dumb luck. Anybody who closely watched him even in 2007 knew he wasn't that great of a QB, and he hasn't come close to reproducing that success since.

Kelly Holcomb and Tim Couch were probably better QBs.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeden was atrocious, their is no other way to put it, but you can't call for his head after 1 game.

1. He's a rookie

- Yes, he's old, but he's coming from a screwy college offense and from a conference that doesn't know how to play defense. It's going to take him some time to adjust to the pro game

2. His receivers didn't help him

- This is going to be a problem against teams with good cornerbacks. Our guys couldn't get open very often in the tight man coverage the Eagles had. This is a young offense, it's going to take them some time to get it all together

3. It was the Eagles

- Lets be honest, the Eagles have a very, VERY good defense. Their front 4 are able to consistently create pressure (notice how often Richardson got blew up in the back field), pair that with the tight coverage, and this is was probably the worst possible team Weeden could have face (aside from the 49ers) is his first start

Like I said, yes he looked atrocious, but you can't just throw him under the bus with all things considered. We need to look for progress from week to week, if he looks this bad in the coming weeks then I'll be worried, but we all knew this was a possibility yet everyone seems surprised
brownsfan214

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
brownsfan214 wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:
I saw DA similarities from day one. Some of you need to be realistic and curb your optimism. DA went to a pro bowl. I don't say that with malice intent. But I see many similarities between the two.

I still have no idea why there is so much hate for DA. I loved the guy, he played extremely well and almost got us into the playoffs. He came out of nowhere and became a pro bowler. Im sick of people always disgracing this guy.

Because most of his success was because of the amazing, yet malcontent, talent around him and pure dumb luck. Anybody who closely watched him even in 2007 knew he wasn't that great of a QB, and he hasn't come close to reproducing that success since.

Yeah I realize that he was a one hit wonder but Im sit of all the hate for him. This site makes him out to be a [inappropriate/removed]. He almost got us to the playoffs and he produced the most exciting season I have ever seen as a young browns fan! I love him, even if he only had one good season. I still think that Edwards dropped the browns 2008 season in that first game vs dallas when DA put it right in his hands down field. That was the turning point again.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Weeden was atrocious, their is no other way to put it, but you can't call for his head after 1 game.

1. He's a rookie

- Yes, he's old, but he's coming from a screwy college offense and from a conference that doesn't know how to play defense. It's going to take him some time to adjust to the pro game

2. His receivers didn't help him

- This is going to be a problem against teams with good cornerbacks. Our guys couldn't get open very often in the tight man coverage the Eagles had. This is a young offense, it's going to take them some time to get it all together

3. It was the Eagles

- Lets be honest, the Eagles have a very, VERY good defense. Their front 4 are able to consistently create pressure (notice how often Richardson got blew up in the back field), pair that with the tight coverage, and this is was probably the worst possible team Weeden could have face (aside from the 49ers) is his first start

Like I said, yes he looked atrocious, but you can't just throw him under the bus with all things considered. We need to look for progress from week to week, if he looks this bad in the coming weeks then I'll be worried, but we all knew this was a possibility yet everyone seems surprised

I agree with all those excuses, however his stats were completely unacceptable. I want to be inherently optimistic, I don't want to get too caught up in one game, but that doesn't mean this wasn't extremely disturbing.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Honest question - How many games this bad until you would rather have Colt start?

I was of the opinion that we should let Weeden play all 16 games no matter what, but I didn't think I would see him suck quiet this bad. I would give him 4 of these before giving Colt another go.

Thats assuming he doesn't have some good games mixed in. If he has a few games that are decent let him take all 16.

I agree with 4, although I think 4 games that atrocious would be pretty unheard of, I'm not sure if it's even possible.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan214 wrote:
Ether wrote:
brownsfan214 wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:

Yeah I realize that he was a one hit wonder but Im sit of all the hate for him. This site makes him out to be a [inappropriate/removed]. He almost got us to the playoffs and he produced the most exciting season I have ever seen as a young browns fan! I love him, even if he only had one good season. I still think that Edwards dropped the browns 2008 season in that first game vs dallas when DA put it right in his hands down field. That was the turning point again.

You gotta remember he ripped apart some really cupcake teams. I don't hate Derek Anderson, I don't think he's a starting QB in the NFL. I wish we would've tendered him.

Last edited by Ether on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: