Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans sign QB Matt Schaub to 4-year, $62M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like this signing, Schaub is one of the most underrated QB's in the league you never hear the media hype him up or see him on anyone's top 10 QB's list but he deserves both of those, outside of Johnson he doesn't really have a great core of receivers although he does have a pretty good TE to work with. If he stays healthy getting him at just market value is a steal I would've loved to see the Texans not resign him.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
What kind of crabs you want? I got all kindz
patman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

money is about right. The guy is better than most and certainly is not a guy that will hold you back.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice contract for a good QB. Gotta love this move if you're a Texans fan.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moss_is_1 wrote:

Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Roethlisberger/Eli Manning/Rivers/Vick, and probably Peyton Manning.

That's the Qbs that I think are better then Schaub...Guys like Flacco, Ryan, Romo, Cutler, Stafford, Newton are arguable.

I'd take any one of those QB's over Schaub so maybe top 15 but I'd take Carson Palmer over him also so top 20 in my book and I've seen him play.
Too much money IMO
sayheykid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schaub is woefully underrated on these boards. As long as he stays upright it's a fine deal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for Schaub. Needs to stay healthy to earn that contract.
be WARE94

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good deal.....anyone saying otherwise needs to chill......when you get a really good qb you hold onto him as long as you can
Texans02

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Stay classy Titans fans.

You worry about CJ1.0YPC and his $10m a season contract and we'll worry about our Pro Bowl, 90QBR+ a season QB.

ICE BURN!

I'm good with the signing, though I was hoping we could get him for a little less due to injury history.

Yes please!
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Probably a good starting point for Romo but seems low on guaranteed

That's the beauty part of it all. If Schaub does get hurt, we have an out. If he plays up to his potential (which is a boarderline top 5-10 QB) the $62MM over four years will seem like a bargain.

Rick Smith has been putting in WORK over the last two seasons. This deal, the masterful deal for Duane Brown, Arian Foster's cap friendly deal, bringing in Jonathan Joseph and Danieal Manning, drafting JJ Watt...every move has hit in spades, and he's gearing this team up for a long stay at the top of the AFC South.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Stay classy Titans fans.

You worry about CJ1.0YPC and his $10m a season contract and we'll worry about our Pro Bowl, 90QBR+ a season QB.

ICE BURN!

I'm good with the signing, though I was hoping we could get him for a little less due to injury history.

A guy that averages 18 TDs and 13 turnovers a season on average isn't exactly "Franchise QB" material, let alone money.

But I understand them wanting to hold onto him just in case he actually stays healthy and improves. And when you are the Texans, you have to pay a little more.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

That's the beauty part of it all. If Schaub does get hurt, we have an out. If he plays up to his potential (which is a boarderline top 5-10 QB) the $62MM over four years will seem like a bargain.

Rick Smith has been putting in WORK over the last two seasons. This deal, the masterful deal for Duane Brown, Arian Foster's cap friendly deal, bringing in Jonathan Joseph and Danieal Manning, drafting JJ Watt...every move has hit in spades, and he's gearing this team up for a long stay at the top of the AFC South.

Then it appears to be a solid deal for the Texans in terms of the guaranteed money, because history has shown he hasn't been able to stay healthy for the long run.

I certainly hope he does, it would make for some interesting AFC South games.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Then it appears to be a solid deal for the Texans in terms of the guaranteed money, because history has shown he hasn't been able to stay healthy for the long run.

If you want to keep it interesting, the Texans could re-sign Jake Delhomme and play their back-ups against you again.

... Because as I recall, the last time Schaub played you, it was a snooze-fest.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Incorrect, as he has two seasons where he's taken every meaningful snap for the Texans. Either you don't watch football (which is completely plausible, given some of your comments in regards to the sport as a whole) or you need to re-evaluate your definition of "the long run".

I'm here to help for both.

Quote:

Actually, he makes the division as a whole boring. I mean, with him, we're beating teams 41-7 in their own house. Without him, teams have a chance.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
And when you are the Texans, you have to pay a little more.

...this comment I don't get, because it isn't as if we were the ones giving Peyton Manning a blank check, only to have him say "no thanks" to that. If fact, we sign RBs for under market value, as well as elite LTs. When we are pressed to pay big money, we actually don't.

However, paying 5/$35MM for an underachieving DE/OLB tweener - yeah, very fiscally sound strategy there.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Incorrect, as he has two seasons where he's taken every meaningful snap for the Texans. Either you don't watch football (which is completely plausible, given some of your comments in regards to the sport as a whole) or you need to re-evaluate your definition of "the long run".

I'm here to help for both.

Quote:

Actually, he makes the division as a whole boring. I mean, with him, we're beating teams 41-7 in their own house. Without him, teams have a chance.

Yes, you are correct. Two seasons he's taken every meaningful snap.

He's been a starter for you guys for 5 years. Of those 5 years, he's been healthy 2 years. The other 3 years, he's played 11, 11, and 10 games.

That's why I said history has shown. 40% of the seasons he starts, he stays healthy in. If I'm not mistaken, that's less than half the time. This could certainly change if he stays healthy the next few seasons, but as of now, I'd say that the numbers back up my statement fully.

Unless you yourself do not watch your team Laughing

Considering that in the 5 years he's been your starter, your team has had a winning record in 2 of those years, and won the division once, I'd argue once again that the division is much closer than you'd like to make it seem.

I'm all for competitive games, and I hope that he stays healthy. I believe this upcoming decade will have the AFC South dominated by the Texans and Titans, and the history between the franchises should make it that must more entertaining.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: