Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Right 53(4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: The Right 53(4) Reply with quote

final 53:

QB - Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi (3)
RB - Charles, Hillis, Draughn, Gray, Eachus (5)
WR - B, B, B, DMX, Copper, Wylie (6)
TE - Mo, Boss, Maneri, JOC (4)
T - Albert, Winston, Stephenson (3)
G - Lilja, Asamoah, Allen (3)
C - Hudson (1)

(25)

DE - Dorsey, Jackson, Pitoatua, Bailey (4)
NT - Toribio, Poe, Powe (3)
OLB - Hali, Houston, Stude, Sheff, Jones (5)
ILB - DJ, Belcher, Siler, Greenwood (4)
CB - Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Brown, Reeves (5)
S - Berry, Lewis, Elam, Daniels, Harman (5)

(26) minus Tamba for WK 1

K - Succop
P - DQ
LS - Gafford

(3)

IR: Tanney, Menzie

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see us going with only two backup offensive linemen. I posted this in the cuts thread, but I don't like having our starting left guard being the only lineman besides Hudson to have any experience taking any snaps at center - unless Allen is starting, which still concerns me. I think we might make a push for Koppen.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
I can't see us going with only two backup offensive linemen. I posted this in the cuts thread, but I don't like having our starting left guard being the only lineman besides Hudson to have any experience taking any snaps at center - unless Allen is starting, which still concerns me. I think we might make a push for Koppen.

I agree. I hope JOC is cut #1 and Draughn can be cut #2 if we replace someone else (besides Tamba coming back)

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some have mentioned Gray possibly being IR'd or PUP'd, which would explain why Draughn and Eachus are still sticking. We need to go after Kafka and dunp Quinn and save a chunk of change not to mention bringing in a legit backup. Is Quinn really making $3 million??!!

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koppen, if he is healthy though, would be a solid signing because he would give us a veteran behind Hudson, plus he could play some at guard if needed. I am also nervous about only having Stephenson as a swing tackle.

kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Koppen, if he is healthy though, would be a solid signing because he would give us a veteran behind Hudson, plus he could play some at guard if needed. I am also nervous about only having Stephenson as a swing tackle.

I could be wrong, but I think they might see Jeff Allen as the swing tackle and the backup at both guard spots. AT worst Jeff Allen is the 4th offensive tackle behind Stephenson, but if albert or Winston went down, I would not be surprised if Allen was the first man up over Stephenson. Allen is much more polished and has looked very good at both Tackle and Guard. Stephenson has looked very suspect and needs a lot of technique work. I am loving the Jeff Allen pick, but I don't get the Stephenson pick...Especially when we could have had Russel Wilson!
EB29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think they might see Jeff Allen as the swing tackle and the backup at both guard spots. AT worst Jeff Allen is the 4th offensive tackle behind Stephenson, but if albert or Winston went down, I would not be surprised if Allen was the first man up over Stephenson. Allen is much more polished and has looked very good at both Tackle and Guard. Stephenson has looked very suspect and needs a lot of technique work. I am loving the Jeff Allen pick, but I don't get the Stephenson pick...Especially when we could have had Russel Wilson!

I hear that my man...I hear that Sad

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of shocked Gray made it. We'll see if it lasts.

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really thought Leon Williams had out played Greenwood. Also very disappointed Menzie went to IR. Was really hoping he could hang around. We needed some better depth at CB.

And I hope we've got a FB as good as DiMarco in either Hillis or Eachus. I thought he looked pretty decent, but he's gone as well.

^ryknowssd on the sig
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the trick shot has been stashed. Haul out the trashcans.

J

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

I hear that my man...I hear that Sad

No reason to draft a QB when we're already set with Cassel. Rolling Eyes

Man I should be this team's GM...I was yelling for a CB, CB, CB in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds (Whatever Menzie is doesn't count, we didn't need a slot/safety guy) that could come in and atleast challenge Routt. Look at us now...I think Flowers plays but Routt has been exposed a little bit so far and we have JOCK REEVES likely getting playing time.

With letting Carr go, I don't know how he can justify addressing Tackle, nickel DB, and slot WR before CB. All those spots have a player far better than Routt, not to mention the importance of CB. I also would've taken Wilson if he was there at the right spot.

I have to say this again even though I said it after the draft...I really really really hate the Menzie pick. I saw no purpose in it at the time and now it's even more glaring considering he couldn't even help at S or CB right now even if he is healthy despite all the injuries.
Desmond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sage Rosenfels was cut down by the Vikings today. If Quinn is injured (didn't he get injured against the Pack?) then Sage would be a very solid pickup.

I think we should have went with four safeties and kept Bair on the roster.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only (slight surprise for me: Gordon released.

I see more transactions coming.

1) They need to cut one more player after the ATL game when Hali returns to active status.

2) Health issues. As players return from injury the balance of the lineup shifts some, especially at DB. Right now they are desperately short at the position with Menzie on IR, Flowers and Lewis out. I expect the Chiefs to pick up another veteran player here AFTER the ATL game (otherwise the full season salary would be guaranteed!).

3) TE/RB. I have a hard time to believe they'll stick with 9 players at that position and only 7 OL. Guess the Atlanta game will be the final rehearsal before we see someone go. Being able to play two positions (read: play some FB in addition to the primary duties) may be the key to success. An OL may be added after ATL as well.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
The only (slight surprise for me: Gordon released.

I see more transactions coming.

1) They need to cut one more player after the ATL game when Hali returns to active status.

2) Health issues. As players return from injury the balance of the lineup shifts some, especially at DB. Right now they are desperately short at the position with Menzie on IR, Flowers and Lewis out. I expect the Chiefs to pick up another veteran player here AFTER the ATL game (otherwise the full season salary would be guaranteed!).

3) TE/RB. I have a hard time to believe they'll stick with 9 players at that position and only 7 OL. Guess the Atlanta game will be the final rehearsal before we see someone go. Being able to play two positions (read: play some FB in addition to the primary duties) may be the key to success. An OL may be added after ATL as well.

Some thoughts :

I am surprised at the lack of a traditional fullback after hearing this whole offseason how Daboll uses a fullback. I really don't like the idea of Hillis playing anything more than an occassional snap here and there at the position. I want him to be the primary compliment to Charles. And I don't know that I see Eachus being able to handle the traditional fullback role. Now maybe we were overthinking the fullback role that Daboll would employ. IF Gray really is healthy and going to stick on the 53, I definitely question Eachus taking a roster spot. Eachus is a depth luxury player IF other key positions of depth have already been addressed.

As I mentioned, I really don't get O'Connell still being on the roster or even the fact that we currently have 4 tight ends. IF we are that concerned with Moeaki and Boss from a health standpoint, IMO we need more than Maneri and O'Connell as I see Maneri as essentially an extra blocker and short route option in the passing game. I definitely don't see him threatening the seam. And O'Connell isn't 53 man roster worthy IMO. So to have that many tight ends and running backs while the lack of depth along the offensive line is concerning to me.

And I was definitely not big on the Menzie pick when it happened and am not now. The problem with these niche players that are limited athletically and from a flexibility standpoint (Arenas, Menzie, Maneri, etc.) is that they are just that - on the roster for a specific role and they don't offer much in the way of flexibility when a player is injured and the depth chart needs to be reshuffled. IMO, you want a slot corner that can atleast be competent outside IF needed in an emergency. Arenas by all appearances isn't even considered by the coaching staff to play outside in the event of an injury as far as I can tell. And Menzie is very limited athletically, which will be a hinderance in the NFL. Solid special teamer - check. Solid understanding of defensive principles - check.

And my biggest issue is that the Atlanta Falcons game SHOULD NOT be a dress rehearsal for anyone. That is why we had 4 preseason games to allow us to flesh this out. I understand injuries add a variable that has to be considered, but every other team has to do the same thing to get ready for the regular season. Maybe the team is just screwing around and planning on using the IR system to squirrel some more players away as a redshirt once they can pick from the trash bin from other teams. I would hope this is the case and that we aren't truly finished with our roster and content with the number of players at each position group.

Mike Kafka (age 25)/Brian Hoyer (age 26)/Sage Rosenfels - age 34 (a distant third to the other two candidates) at quarterback and bounce Quinn and his $3 million dollar salary.

Dan Koppen (age 32) to give us a veteran presence behind Hudson and someone who could slide to guard in an emergency.

Dominique Franks (age 24) would be an adequate replacement for Jacques Reeves (age 29).

Edit : Redshirt, umm, I mean IR Menzie, bring in Troy Nolan on a one year deal.

Redshirt, umm, I mean IR Gray if he really is injured or atleast put him on the PUP. Cut Eachus - don't tell me that we couldn't pull an O'Connell with Eachus if we wanted to bring him back at some point during the season due to injury for depth. That gives us one spot to bring on Koppen and another for some depth elsewhere.

Cut Jacques Reeves and bring Dominique Franks on board.

ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practice squad is official:

WR Newsome
WR Bellamy
WR Hemingway
OL Patterson
DE Long
DB Thorpe
OT Mims
FB DiMarco

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-announce-eight-man-practice-squad/0fdd2d74-3d35-4a4c-98a9-a4ece06017f9

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: