Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs Week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wishbone20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Routt was okay today, so im confused. Maybe if Crennel wasnt playing horrible 10 yard soft zone coverages with a 3-4 man rush with run stoppers wed have had a better day on defense. Nothing Routt, more of a man corner, can do when youre giving Jones-White such a huge cushion, and I thought he did well despite it. One bad play where he slipped, but hes a number 2 for a reason.

Now Jacques Reeves on the other hand shouldnt be anywhere near a Starting NFL CB position, which makes sense since hes a 3rd stringer. Shouldve moved Daniels up to corner. For this game Reeves made corner a huge need.

I completely agree with the first sentence. I was at arrowhead today and the passes I remember that Stanfords man caught were due to the lack of pressure. Reeves was really bad which we expected. As far as needs it has to be pass rush. I haven't watched my DVr yet but the lack of pressure was terrible.

Also Romeo had a really bad defensive game plan IMO. I'm actually pretty encouraged the offense is going to be very effective and the d will improve once we get our top 5 players backs. We played a great passing team without the two players that would have disrupted it the most.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1

CB
LG
QB
OLB
WR

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
EB29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB
CB
S
OLB
Qb
DE

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth - IMO you can't just narrow it down to one position. Reeves' issues were compounded by Lewis being out. Daniels in the Jack is not his best fit. Houston is not as it stands today a dominant enough rusher to be a #1.

We need a better CB, and not some project who has a lot of heart. That's great and all, but two boundary CB's drafted by Pioli, Washington and Brown, and so far no depth at the position. We gotta look for someone there by the 2nd round at least. If you can take a NB in the 2nd, a #3 CB should be no problem.

We need more pass rush. Poe may start to bring some of that, so we'll see. Bailey was hurt, and showed flashes last year, but nothing in the pre-season. We need a 3rd OLB who can at least sniff the QB every now and then, and an interiror guy who can flat penetrate.

And for the love of all that is good in this world, can we please draft a safety relatively high that is not a health concern? Menzie had issues staying healthy as did Lewis. We need a solid player who is still dynamic to push Lewis and back-up WHEN one of our 3 safeties goes down.

My draft right now looks like:
QB
CB
S/OLB
OLB/S

Of course those last 3 picks might be 4-7th rounders if we are going to get a QB in the 1st. Laughing

^ryknowssd on the sig
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs...welcome to my brain. I've been arguing this since last season, and people vilified me. While I don't think Lewis is as good as most, I also have stated repeatedly that he is an absolute liability if you are counting on him to start 16 games, let alone playoffs. He is quickly becoming our version albeit much less talented of Bob Sanders.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Bigs...welcome to my brain. I've been arguing this since last season, and people vilified me. While I don't think Lewis is as good as most, I also have stated repeatedly that he is an absolute liability if you are counting on him to start 16 games, let alone playoffs. He is quickly becoming our version albeit much less talented of Bob Sanders.

People vilified me before drafting Berry of pointing out that most safeties don't make 16 games consistently. The position lends itself to injuries with all of the top speed collisions.

I did some research and of all the top safeties, over the course of 4-5 season, they average 14 games or so of actual playing time, and that's not counting playing injured, which a lot do. I am totally on board with drafting another safety high, even in the 1st if other more needy positions don't have viable candidates there.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

C.mon DT, Lewis has missed 5 of a possible 34 games in his career...Sanders had several seasons where he was one play and out. Regardless, Safety depth is not an isssue. Elam was a starter and Daniels is a decent player.We need another jack guy, but it ain't gonna kill us like the lack of a backup CB will.

Bigs, I'm right there with you and if nobody remembers I was screaming for a CB in the draft in the 2nd-5th rounds.

*Jeff Allen...ok I can live with that,Lilja can be replaced
*Stephenson-ridiculous...we let Carr go, if we don't sign Albert we'll likely need more than a 2nd year project. We have nothing concrete at CB for the future except Flowers.
*Wylie-like the player, but just as I predicted he's gonna do us no good for awhile
*Menzie-hey yeah, lets draft ANOTHER nickel back...brilliant idea. We have Arenas and Daniels.

At this time Daniels was moved to safety/nickelback and Brown was unproven as a CB and a possible Safety guy as well. What is the thot process here. "well we can always bring in Jock Reeves, that's a bargain with a capital B, I'm sick of guys like Carr who work hard and overachieve or reach the peak. Romeo can just scheme around it if we have to use Reeves, I mean this guy shut down the Packers....one guy can't lose us a game and Clark will have a few extra million to let sit around in his bank"

He's just a complete moron...anyone can make some good draft picks, but how many GM's are going to completely ignore a position as important as CB in today's game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: