Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Player of the Game Week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the player of the game?
Mark Sanchez
82%
 82%  [ 33 ]
Stephen Hill
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jeremy Kerley
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Austin Howard
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Other
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
Sanchez looked really good today, he gets my vote. He seemed to be playing with confidence. He was able to make his reads more quickly than we've seen in the recent past.

I'm impressed by the way Sparano called the game, too. I understand the WR corp wasn't built for speed last season, but Schotty never seemed to emphasize that in order to run the ball like the Jets want to do, they have to throw the ball down the field. That's how the Giants ran their ball-control offense in the 80's under Parcells. It's a relief to see that Sparano gets that, and Sanchez and company have the ability to execute that strategy.

Agree with all this.

It was a strong first display of play calling in my opinion from Sparano, and his instillment of discipline has paid off pretty well so far. Very few penalties and virtually none that were drive killers.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:
Sanchez looked really good today, he gets my vote. He seemed to be playing with confidence. He was able to make his reads more quickly than we've seen in the recent past.

I'm impressed by the way Sparano called the game, too. I understand the WR corp wasn't built for speed last season, but Schotty never seemed to emphasize that in order to run the ball like the Jets want to do, they have to throw the ball down the field. That's how the Giants ran their ball-control offense in the 80's under Parcells. It's a relief to see that Sparano gets that, and Sanchez and company have the ability to execute that strategy.

Agree with all this.

It was a strong first display of play calling in my opinion from Sparano, and his instillment of discipline has paid off pretty well so far. Very few penalties and virtually none that were drive killers.

The only penalties I remember are the two delay of games, a late hit on Landry, a false start on Moore, and a phantom hold on Mangold. If this were last year, Matt Mulligan would have cost us 100 yards in penalties. Laughing
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne Hunter was also a penalty machine on top of being a turnstile at right tackle.

It was a good start for sure for Austin Howard, but it's not going to get any easier next week.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Wayne Hunter was also a penalty machine on top of being a turnstile at right tackle.

It was a good start for sure for Austin Howard, but it's not going to get any easier next week.

Yeah. The next 4 weeks will not be easy for him.
perikirest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since its player Id lean towards my adopted Sanchez Smile but the win in general was soo glorious cause of listening to this team get bashed for its offensive preseason performances and how its gonna carry into the regular season from every media outlet that opened their mouths about this team.

I know this good of a performance isnt gonna sustain at this level but maybe it will quiet some of the critics about a team that only scored 31 combined in the preseason.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez was so impressive today. Great completion percentage, strong throws...and honestly I was most impressed with that drive at the end of the half where he took us like 65 yards in 1:36 with no timeouts. Granted we only managed the FG but it extremely close to being another TD. He took complete control. We need to see that type of leadership and confidence all year and it will snowball. As happy as I am about how Mark played I am just as happy for him. It should shut up the media for at least a few weeks.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jetskid007

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to sound too giddy or overly optimistic, but all considering I think Mark Sanchez was masterful. Between all the Tebow stuff, all the pressure, and on top of that the shuffle pass-INT debacle, he came out and threw the best regular season game of his career.

How did Sanchez respond to that first drive INT? 17-23 (73.9%), 248 yards (10.8 YPA), 3 TDs.

Now I'm not one to be huge on statistic ratings as they're always somewhat flawed, but check out who the highest rated QB is for the "Total QBR" for this week. Mark Sanchez with a 97.1 (highest a QB can receive is 100).

New York Sack Exchange Redux
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
I don't want to sound too giddy or overly optimistic, but all considering I think Mark Sanchez was masterful. Between all the Tebow stuff, all the pressure, and on top of that the shuffle pass-INT debacle, he came out and threw the best regular season game of his career.

How did Sanchez respond to that first drive INT? 17-23 (73.9%), 248 yards (10.8 YPA), 3 TDs.

Now I'm not one to be huge on statistic ratings as they're always somewhat flawed, but check out who the highest rated QB is for the "Total QBR" for this week. Mark Sanchez with a 97.1 (highest a QB can receive is 100).

And that is huge, bc last year it always seemed like he was in the bottom 5 for QBR.

I had a really hard time to decide between Mark, Howard, or Kerley, but I'm gonna go with Kerley. We all knew that Mark was going to be the starter, even after we brought in Tebow. And I think we all had a feeling that Howard wasn't going to be as bad as Hunter was. But Kerley was in Rex's doghouse, and was criticized for not knowing the offense well enough. He ends up playing great and gets 2 TDs by reception and a punt return. He did awesome, and he solidified our slot position.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Heet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcane wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
The entire offense except Shonn Greene

yeah but yet he still almost had 100 and a TD

You better get 100 yards when you have 30 carries.

Actually it was 27. And the last was for a 1 yard td. So that kind of messed with the avg per carry. 85% of teams would take that all day. So sick of some on this forum who act as if Blair Thomas and Browning Nagle are playing in our backfield. Get over it already. The guy produces and you still trying to hate.

+1 What Jetcane is saying. We are a "power run" team which means we face A LOT of 8 men in the box. For Shonn Greene to get those stats is GREAT for the Jets.

To educate the forum here a little bit since Shonn Greene was drafted, the Jets are 10 - 1 when Shonn Greene carries the ball 19 or more times...AND THAT'S NOT COUNTING IT IN YARDS....it's in carries....it's how a power run offense works.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Props Jamison.
Quinton Coples
1 TKL
Melvin Ingram
1 TKL, 1 FF
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heet wrote:
Jetcane wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
The entire offense except Shonn Greene

yeah but yet he still almost had 100 and a TD

You better get 100 yards when you have 30 carries.

Actually it was 27. And the last was for a 1 yard td. So that kind of messed with the avg per carry. 85% of teams would take that all day. So sick of some on this forum who act as if Blair Thomas and Browning Nagle are playing in our backfield. Get over it already. The guy produces and you still trying to hate.

+1 What Jetcane is saying. We are a "power run" team which means we face A LOT of 8 men in the box. For Shonn Greene to get those stats is GREAT for the Jets.

To educate the forum here a little bit since Shonn Greene was drafted, the Jets are 10 - 1 when Shonn Greene carries the ball 19 or more times...AND THAT'S NOT COUNTING IT IN YARDS....it's in carries....it's how a power run offense works.

LOL, Greene is good but not a #1 back, Greene misses holes like virgin, no elusiveness, no shiftiness, no speed. We need some explosiveness back there and as for your 10-1 stat, maybe we were up so much we kept running the ball to keep the clock moving and his carries just went accumulated so thats an empty stat

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
perikirest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets moved up 6 spots in NFL.com power rankings....or so I thought...

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it... Or so you thought?
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could care less about power rankings because this is a year were not going to get any respect especially if we dont beat one of PIT, SF, or HOU. NE isnt as impressive because we always play them tough and its a division game which are always tough for both teams. I still think we have the ability to win 10 games but because of how simple the schedule is, I dont see us getting the respect, and honestly rightfully so. You have to beat the big dogs if you want to consider yourself one.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
perikirest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
I don't get it... Or so you thought?

Look at the pic again very carefully. Does not say the Jets are #13.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO

I can't believe how I missed that. It's total BS though. Tebow is a utility player, not a quarterback. I was pleased with how they used him on Sunday.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: