Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo (Senior)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo (Senior) Reply with quote

Mack is a very interesting prospect. He is a small school prospect who could be a first round pick this year. He is having an impressive game against Ohio State today. I think he could be solidifying his position in the first round.

Last edited by green24 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
mikee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was in the first round discussion coming into the year. I think the discussion is over. Now its just about how high in the first he is going to go.

He is just as athletic as he was last season and now he appears to have added about 5-10 pounds and his strength is noticeably improved. He is killing the OSU OL, including Mewhort.

Top 10 is definitely a possibility.
s3antana5757

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo (Senior) Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Mack is a very interesting prospect. He is a small school prospect who could be a first or second round pick this year. He is having an impressive game against Ohio State today. I think he could be moving himself into the first round discussion.

Absolutely. He reminds me alot of James Harrison, although I think he'll cover better. He's been abusing Decker on the right side. The guy is a stat sheet stuffer and he's been all over the field today. Consider me very impressed. Could have a rise similar to Jamie Collins, although I think he's better. Maybe more of a DeMarcus Ware?

Buffalo has another interesting guy in Ryan Nuetz, WR.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks very good.
Brandon26841

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know his final stats, but I think he had something like 7-10 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 sacks, and a 50 yard pick six today. He was all over the place.

When Dontre Wilson and Braxton Miller were chasing after him full speed for 50 yards and couldn't get a finger on him... that was pretty impressive. Interested in what kind of times he'll put up at the combine because those two are legitimately 4.40 - 4.45 guys and he didn't even look like he was running all that hard.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he a 3-4 OLB or would he better fit inside in that scheme?

^^^mack
don4593

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

University at Buffalo guy here.

Final stats against OSU today: 9.5 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 int (45 yard td)

He also had another sack and forced fumble which was called back because of an illegal hands to the face penalty.

Quote:
...he is 16.5 shy of setting the NCAA career record for tackles for loss.

Mack will get a chance to show off against another major opponent next Saturday at Baylor. In eight career games against "Big Six" conference competition, Mack now has 5.5 sacks and 12 tackles for loss.

He can play in a 3-4 or 4-3 as an outside linebacker. What makes him so valuable is that he can play both and can cover, too. So, ideally you might want to use him in a 4-3 rush linebacker spot where he has the ability to showcase all his talents. From rushing the passer, shedding blocks to get to the runner, and his pass coverage skills.

He is not going to "wow" you at the combine. He will more than likely run a 4.65-4.75, but he is more quick than fast and plays a lot faster than his time is going to show.

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An absolute animal on the field today. He was everywhere making plays a run defender, passrusher, and in coverage.

He plays like this all year and he'll challenge Barr as the top 3-4 OLB prospect...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don4593 wrote:

same here man

He also had another sack and forced fumble which was called back because of an illegal hands to the face penalty.

Quote:

Mack will get a chance to show off against another major opponent next Saturday at Baylor. In eight career games against "Big Six" conference competition, Mack now has 5.5 sacks and 12 tackles for loss.

He can play in a 3-4 or 4-3 as an outside linebacker. What makes him so valuable is that he can play both and can cover, too. So, ideally you might want to use him in a 4-3 rush linebacker spot where he has the ability to showcase all his talents. From rushing the passer, shedding blocks to get to the runner, and his pass coverage skills.

He is not going to "wow" you at the combine. He will more than likely run a 4.65-4.75, but he is more quick than fast and plays a lot faster than his time is going to show.

University at Buffalo guy here as well

Tepper the D co. even said himself that Khalil can play any of the 3 LB positions and can DEFINITELY play DE as well

I agree as well about the "wow" factor at the combine and I think hell run in that range as well, but his field seed is unreal as evidenced by his pick 6.... Shocked Shocked

All in all, Khalil is a MONSTER and ive been saying this since his freshman year when I first met him Cool Cool Cool

Cam Newton
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers 24/7 wrote:
don4593 wrote:

same here man

Quote:

University at Buffalo guy here as well

Tepper the D co. even said himself that Khalil can play any of the 3 LB positions and can DEFINITELY play DE as well

I agree as well about the "wow" factor at the combine and I think hell run in that range as well, but his field seed is unreal as evidenced by his pick 6.... Shocked Shocked

All in all, Khalil is a MONSTER and ive been saying this since his freshman year when I first met him Cool Cool Cool

The 40 isn't really important for these guys. He reminds me of a more put together Jamie Collins. Guy will have VERY good jump numbers (probably not on the level of Collins).

Khalil is up there with the best of the pass rushers in the draft.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/khalil-mack-vs-ohio-st-2013/

Mack vs Ohio State.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Mack vs Ohio State.

Looks very strong at the POA at times, James Harrison comparisons seem hyperbolic - but you can see it.
sherm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's playing Baylor high powered offense today. Just kicked off if anyone wants to watch.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
khodder wrote:

Mack vs Ohio State.

Looks very strong at the POA at times, James Harrison comparisons seem hyperbolic - but you can see it.

Well that's also because it's comparing a product-still-in-development to a finished product. And conversely because that finished product is one of the more prolific and consistent edge-rushers of the past decade. That said you can see the potential and foundation to build upon to possibly reach that level - handwork is such an under-heralded aspect of pass-rushing and Mack just seems to get it and has the sort of proverbial "heavy hands" usually associated with boxers. He doesn't offer a ton as a power-rusher right now (largely speed rushing and a gift for making himself small and thus easier to fit through tight spaces and harder to get both hands on to effectively block), but it looks like something he can definitively develop as he add bulk/muscle and with it greater strength. He's definitely an early candidate for Biggest Senior Bowl Winner, a la Eric Fisher from this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: