Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: vs San Francisco 49ers (Rodgers/Smith)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: GDT: vs San Francisco 49ers (Rodgers/Smith) Reply with quote

Get your rage on. Who's stoked? Score predictions?

Gonna go with like 31-24 for this one. People are really sleeping on San Fran right now I think (pretty sure Vegas says they win like 8.5 games or something) but I honestly think this could be the toughest game of the year for us. Should be fun to see what they do with the pass rush/run stop. We can't have too many drops this game or it could get ugly fast.

Also I get to see this dude in action

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

Packers Chart: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/GB
Niners Chart: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SF

National Anthem: Boyz II Men

Commentators: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

TV Map: http://the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk1.html
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.

Last edited by justo on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope it's half as fun to watch as last years week 1 game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree SF has a good front 7, but I don't think they have the DBs to slow down the Packers offense, if GB is on their game. On offense, they got weapons but I still see Smith best served as a "game manager" and don't fear any team who's offense is built on a run first philosophy. I might be mildly concerned if this game was in SF, but it's not so I think GB is going to roll fairly comfortably through them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
strat1080

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm concerned about this game because in most years McCarthy's offenses have seemed to start off kind of slow. The Packers are facing one might defense right now and I think they will be forced to play a much different kind of game than they've been accustomed to for quite a while. This very well might be a slugfest where they might have to put together a gritty performance in the 4th to pull it out. The 49ers aren't the kind of team that you can easily put up 30+ points on.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Vegas on the '9ers. I don't see Justin Smith, Carlos Rodgers, or Donte Whitner having the seasons they did. They built the offense for a guy with a cannon arm, not Smith. And I don't trust any of their running backs.

We should be able to win this one pretty soundly. Probably by two scores.

matteogb4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if our run D is the one of the first drive against the chief it could be ugly...
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
I'm concerned about this game because in most years McCarthy's offenses have seemed to start off kind of slow. The Packers are facing one might defense right now and I think they will be forced to play a much different kind of game than they've been accustomed to for quite a while. This very well might be a slugfest where they might have to put together a gritty performance in the 4th to pull it out. The 49ers aren't the kind of team that you can easily put up 30+ points on.

The Saints didn't have a problem hanging 30+ on them. Wink

Alex Smith had the game of his life and they still only beat NO because they happened to get the ball last. If he threw that TD to VDavis with 1:57 left in the game, I have no problem seeing Brees and Co. march down the field and score.

I think what's lost in translation is how terrible SF's defense was that day.

R-E-L-A-X
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I agree SF has a good front 7, but I don't think they have the DBs to slow down the Packers offense, if GB is on their game. On offense, they got weapons but I still see Smith best served as a "game manager" and don't fear any team who's offense is built on a run first philosophy. I might be mildly concerned if this game was in SF, but it's not so I think GB is going to roll fairly comfortably through them.

We better be able to stop the run a h3ll of lot better than we did early in the KC preseason game the other night when a lot of our starters were in.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

We better be able to stop the run a h3ll of lot better than we did early in the KC preseason game the other night when a lot of our starters were in.

That's exactly right. We were carved up by Hillis and Charles. And the Niners OL mauls better than any.

Vernon Davis always hurts us as well.

Justin Smith is a beast.

This should be a very good game, and close. Of course turnovers could totally tilt it to one side, as we saw our last game out vs the Giants on this field when we had hands of stone.

Let's also hope the refs aren't factors.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That picture almost made me throw up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: GDT: vs San Francisco 49ers (Rodgers/Smith) Reply with quote

Aaron's lookin good, as usual. Alex Smith, eh not so much.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
o_0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
I'm with Vegas on the '9ers. I don't see Justin Smith, Carlos Rodgers, or Donte Whitner having the seasons they did. They built the offense for a guy with a cannon arm, not Smith. And I don't trust any of their running backs.

We should be able to win this one pretty soundly. Probably by two scores.

Not sure why you would think Justin Smith cant do it again since hes been playing at that level for at least three seasons now. Only difference, before last year he didnt get the recognition because he was never on a playoff team or on an elite defense. Justin Smith is as consistent as it gets.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely worry about the defense, Raji has been getting moved too much and concerns me, thankfully there's big Pickett out there. Still been a problem all preseason and I doubt it suddenly is fixed when playing a team like San Fran. Hopefully though the Packers can keep their down and distance long so they can't string together back to back to back 10 play drives.

Not so worried about the offense keeping up, do NOT like Justin Smith vs. Newhouse/Lang, he's a matchup nightmare for anyone. I really like Nelson and Jones on the outside against Tarell Brown. I like Jennings and Driver inside against the 49er's nickel guy Culliver, (legit sub 4.4 speed), but not so much Cobb even against the 49er dime Perrish Cox. Of course love Finley's matchup this week, Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith are two steps slow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon smith vs. Newhouse scares the hell outta me. Hope they dont leave him on an island with a lot of 7 step drops. I see a lot of quick hitting and trying to run off the left side. Slow him and Smith down if at all possible.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
chamilitary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
I definitely worry about the defense, Raji has been getting moved too much and concerns me, thankfully there's big Pickett out there. Still been a problem all preseason and I doubt it suddenly is fixed when playing a team like San Fran. Hopefully though the Packers can keep their down and distance long so they can't string together back to back to back 10 play drives.

Not so worried about the offense keeping up, do NOT like Justin Smith vs. Newhouse/Lang, he's a matchup nightmare for anyone. I really like Nelson and Jones on the outside against Tarell Brown. I like Jennings and Driver inside against the 49er's nickel guy Culliver, (legit sub 4.4 speed), but not so much Cobb even against the 49er dime Perrish Cox. Of course love Finley's matchup this week, Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith are two steps slow.
niners middle backers cover the tight ends usually. patrick willis will probably be on finley all day and he's an elite coverage lb

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 1 of 59

Jump to: