Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse Reply with quote

I like what I see from Nassib. He does seem to throw the ball unnecessarily hard sometimes and was a bit high with his aim to start off vs USC, but it appears to me like he has clean mechanics, decent footwork in the pocket, and obviously a pretty strong arm. Also looks like he has decent height and mass and can take a hit.
What can the rest of you tell me about him and where would you feel comfortable drafting him in April based on what you've seen so far?

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take him in the 3rd. I like him. Strikes me as a guy who can be a quality backup and maybe even a good spot starter.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
yupyup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was exceptional last week, but was pretty off today. He left some points on the board and although he was solid in the 2nd half, I was hoping to see more from him(even as a USC fan). However, I do like him, and with some grooming he could be a nice NFL player. Personally I'd take him about as high as the 3rd or 4th, with potential to move up as the season goes on.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I just wrote in the Seahawks forum:

SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Im a Syracuse fan and im just wondering what you guys think of QB Ryan Nassib as an NFL prospect??

Sorry I never saw this. Nassib is a very interesting guy like Osprey said. Solid size for the position and definitely has the raw skills to be something special, but he is questionable in a lot of the little areas of the game which is holding him back from being great. I could easily see a coach love that potential and take a chance on him in the 3rd.

First thing you have to say about him when doing a report is that fastball. He throws the kinda ball that receivers talk about the next day. I'm not fan of the hitch in his throwing motion, but much like Philip Rivers I think it'll be an overblown aspect when people talk about him. His release is still so quick that it's not a huge deal. Thing I don't like most about it is that it's an easy target for opposing pass rushers to knock out and it makes it difficult reset after pumping.

His footwork can be very choppy at times, which is a direct link to most of his errant throws, which is a direct link to why he looks like a poor decision maker at times. Calm his footwork down in the pocket, he makes less throws off his back foot, and he makes more sound decisions. Solid pocket mobility, but he looks flustered at times when he's being rushed. Other negative about him is that he has a fastball, a changeup, but nothing in the middle. His "floaters" are very exaggerated and he needs to learn to put a little more on those. Also needs to learn when the fastball isn't necessary.

With all of this said, I like him. He's an interesting project type QB that I wouldn't mind gambling on relatively early considering he has everything you want in a QB from the raw perspective.

SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Here's what I just wrote in the Seahawks forum:

SaveourSonics wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Im a Syracuse fan and im just wondering what you guys think of QB Ryan Nassib as an NFL prospect??

Sorry I never saw this. Nassib is a very interesting guy like Osprey said. Solid size for the position and definitely has the raw skills to be something special, but he is questionable in a lot of the little areas of the game which is holding him back from being great. I could easily see a coach love that potential and take a chance on him in the 3rd.

First thing you have to say about him when doing a report is that fastball. He throws the kinda ball that receivers talk about the next day. I'm not fan of the hitch in his throwing motion, but much like Philip Rivers I think it'll be an overblown aspect when people talk about him. His release is still so quick that it's not a huge deal. Thing I don't like most about it is that it's an easy target for opposing pass rushers to knock out and it makes it difficult reset after pumping.

His footwork can be very choppy at times, which is a direct link to most of his errant throws, which is a direct link to why he looks like a poor decision maker at times. Calm his footwork down in the pocket, he makes less throws off his back foot, and he makes more sound decisions. Solid pocket mobility, but he looks flustered at times when he's being rushed. Other negative about him is that he has a fastball, a changeup, but nothing in the middle. His "floaters" are very exaggerated and he needs to learn to put a little more on those. Also needs to learn when the fastball isn't necessary.

With all of this said, I like him. He's an interesting project type QB that I wouldn't mind gambling on relatively early considering he has everything you want in a QB from the raw perspective.

You pretty much nailed that assessment. I would put a little more emphasis on his happy feet though. While the rest of his game has greatly improved over the last 3 years, even the slightest hint of pocket pressure causes his footwork to erode. Also, when he has to tuck the ball in the pocket, he isn't very good at finding a hole to escape and ends up forcing a throw or getting sacked.

I don't see him being more than a backup on a bad team, and I wouldn't take him earlier than the 4th.

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: