Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Jaguar Talk v.3 (Jacksonville Grumpy Cat Edition)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
1. Jaguars should have removed the seats instead of covering them with tarps, like the Redskins did last year.
2. Jaguars ticket prices are pretty cheap compared to the teams I've looked at. For example, the cheapest seat for a Titans at Green Bay game is $100 on StubHub, while it's $12 for the Jags home game versus the Titans.

12 dollars!!!!

It makes me even more mad i havnt been to a game

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
1. Jaguars should have removed the seats instead of covering them with tarps, like the Redskins did last year.
It would still leave gaps in the stadium. Plus they would have to put them back for other events and the Florida/Georgia game. Way too much of a hassle.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Mr. V

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
2. Jaguars ticket prices are pretty cheap compared to the teams I've looked at. For example, the cheapest seat for a Titans at Green Bay game is $100 on StubHub, while it's $12 for the Jags home game versus the Titans.

12 dollars!!!!

It makes me even more mad i havnt been to a game

Yea, I'm pretty pissed my dad won't take me to a game this year. It's probably the last year I have a chance of watching whatever home game I want.

iPwn wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
It would still leave gaps in the stadium. Plus they would have to put them back for other events and the Florida/Georgia game. Way too much of a hassle.

I thought the tarps are only on the outsides? It would look weird getting rid of those sides though.

How much income do the Gator Bowl and UF-UGA game generate? I'm sure building a stadium for the Jags first wouldn't have affected the latter game at least. They could actually raise ticket prices for all the tickets since there are less, but the demand is still the same.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
I thought the tarps are only on the outsides? It would look weird getting rid of those sides though.

How much income do the Gator Bowl and UF-UGA game generate? I'm sure building a stadium for the Jags first wouldn't have affected the latter game at least. They could actually raise ticket prices for all the tickets since there are less, but the demand is still the same.
A lot of money. And I mean a lot. It goes far betond just the ticket sales ans stuff though. Some restaurants are pulling $100 grand on game day. It's the single biggest non-holiday yearly revenue generator for the city.

If they cut seating capacity, neither Florida or Georgia would agree to the game being played there. They aren't going to play in a stadium that doesn't hold college capacity crowds. That's pretty much the only reason Altell was built as big as it was in the first place.

- Best since day one -
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

A lot of money. And I mean a lot. It goes far betond just the ticket sales ans stuff though. Some restaurants are pulling $100 grand on game day. It's the single biggest non-holiday yearly revenue generator for the city.

If they cut seating capacity, neither Florida or Georgia would agree to the game being played there. They aren't going to play in a stadium that doesn't hold college capacity crowds. That's pretty much the only reason Altell was built as big as it was in the first place.

100K in one day for a restaurant would be all but impossible, maybe over the 5 day span of events but not on game day.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

100K in one day for a restaurant would be all but impossible, maybe over the 5 day span of events but not on game day.

Quote:
Its two-to-one over any weekend we have, he said. A typical Saturday might bring in $20,000 in revenue, said Miller, who has managed the Hooters at The Landing for almost three years. With the additional space last year, the restaurant hauled in about $100,000 in revenue on game day, the top single-day sales performance last year of any restaurant in the Hooters chain.

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/stories/2009/10/05/story1.html?full=true

- Best since day one -
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Wow, I didn't realize it affected this city that much.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#DavidShaw4Jags

#JDI
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byron Leftwhich ran for 31 Yards against the Ravens D. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
Byron Leftwhich ran for 31 Yards against the Ravens D. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

i saw that and had a mini freakout

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madden is really pissing me off today. I've been trying to complete a season as a player and my QB is Chad Henne and his statline is as follows:

QBR: 58.2 Yards: 3469 TD: 19 INT: 43

At what point will the computer finally bench a player?
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
Madden is really pissing me off today. I've been trying to complete a season as a player and my QB is Chad Henne and his statline is as follows:

QBR: 58.2 Yards: 3469 TD: 19 INT: 43

At what point will the computer finally bench a player?

Laughing damn!

i havnt played madden in a while nor bought it in 4 years though

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is the better start in fantasy this week? Shorts or Blackmon? Thanks Very Happy
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Who is the better start in fantasy this week? Shorts or Blackmon? Thanks Very Happy

Ask half way through the game...whichever Henne trusts by half time is the right answer...now I say Blackmon.

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 28 of 100

Jump to: