Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Jaguar Talk v.3 (Jacksonville Grumpy Cat Edition)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/14/signature-stat-snapshot-pass-rushing-productivity/

Surprisingly, Austen Lane is 14th.

Andre Branch, C.J. Mosley, and Tyson Alualu all find themselves near that bottom (though it's worth noting there usually seems to be a bit of a bias from PFF against Alualu for some random reason).

AND YES I KNOW THIS IS JAGUARS TALK BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO POST IT AND I DON'T THINK IT DESERVES A THREAD.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
iPwn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
That's weird, because the Raiders have sold out all of their home games so far. Maybe the stadium capacity is just lower?
The Raiders average attendance is 90.4% of capacity. The Jaguars average attendance is 95.1%.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
We need more wins. To be a good team.

That would be awesome. Not looking forward to the Texas Massacre on Sunday. Sad

Are you Khanetic on the official Jags forum? I tried to join there once, my account never activated. That site is the biggest bunch of idiots ever.

I am not. I have an account on there, JD32, but I never use it. I just like to read that board.

FloridaWoman2011 is the best. Every time I read her posts I just laugh out loud.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
jagman777

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm leaving work five minutes early

yolo
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
We need more wins. To be a good team.

That would be awesome. Not looking forward to the Texas Massacre on Sunday. Sad

Are you Khanetic on the official Jags forum? I tried to join there once, my account never activated. That site is the biggest bunch of idiots ever.

I am not. I have an account on there, JD32, but I never use it. I just like to read that board.

FloridaWoman2011 is the best. Every time I read her posts I just laugh out loud.

Hmm. Khanetic's posts always seem similar to yours on here.
FW is hilariously stupid. She can't be forreal.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
That's weird, because the Raiders have sold out all of their home games so far. Maybe the stadium capacity is just lower?
The Raiders average attendance is 90.4% of capacity. The Jaguars average attendance is 95.1%.

Idk why they keep writing that they sold out then.
iPwn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Because "sold out" isn't actually sold out. It's generally referred to tickets sold to meet the threshold to not black out games. Or they could be referring to selling out the general bowl area, and other areas (club seats and the like) aren't sold out.

- Best since day one -
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Because "sold out" isn't actually sold out. It's generally referred to tickets sold to meet the threshold to not black out games. Or they could be referring to selling out the general bowl area, and other areas (club seats and the like) aren't sold out.

Oh ok makes sense, that's kind of what I was thinking. Thanks for the info man.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:

This is all solid, and it's important in identifying Jacksonville as a legitimate, viable football market. There is zero reason to move this team as many suggest in ignorance.

However...

I think it's a bit misleading to present that info without also presenting average ticket prices alongside it. From what i recall, the Jaguars are sadly in the lower echelon in that regard.

And the other element, is the optics of the whole situation for outside fans who rarely see the Jaguars outside of highlights. After the team on the field has laid yet another egg at center field before the first half is over...Everbank seems to empty out in a pretty incredible hurry. So to outside fans watching a few highlight clips...week in and week out they're seeing highlights from the second half where Jacksonville is sporting a ghost-town in the stands. It doesn't really affect bottom-line directly per-se, but it does pose an optics problem.

Both things to me, are related to the quality of product on the field. Put a legitimately competetive team on the field, people will pay more for tickets, and they'll stick around for the whole game. Clearly the numbers and the market is there...it's just a really bad team and it's frustrating to watch.
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They see a field with tarps that looks empty even when it's at capacity. It's going to be a never ending issue.

- Best since day one -
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
They see a field with tarps that looks empty even when it's at capacity. It's going to be a never ending issue.

The Tarps thing is a convenient way to diss the Jaguars yes, and it will probably persist for a very long time. but i really don't think that's the biggest issue people see when they look at the Jaguars attendance.

imo, it's the mass exodus at halftime or whenever that tends to occur when the Jaguars are losing (most of the time).

it's that after halftime, the stadium often looks like this:

but with added Baguars for effect.
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

The Tarps thing is a convenient way to diss the Jaguars yes, and it will probably persist for a very long time. but i really don't think that's the biggest issue people see when they look at the Jaguars attendance.

imo, it's the mass exodus at halftime or whenever that tends to occur when the Jaguars are losing (most of the time).

it's that after halftime, the stadium often looks like this:

but with added Baguars for effect.
Oh, I know and agree. I'm just saying that no matter what the fans do, they're always going to be ridiculed for as long as the team is in Jacksonville for something out of their control. Even with a new stadium, it'll still be able to hold 80,000+ fans because of the importance of the Florida/Georgia game to the city's history. They might be able to better mask it, but it'll still be a major issue.

- Best since day one -
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting facts, but no one will care sadly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I do have a bit of an issue with bringing up Detroit's 2008. I think we all know that what happened in Detroit that led to those attendance numbers wasn't only attributed to the team's failings, but also the devastation that hit the auto industry. Every team really should be given a mulligan if they were affected by the troubles of the auto industry, as Detroit was, or the housing market collapse, as Jacksonville and Detroit both were. It's really not fair to hold either of those years above a city's head when the people were fighting just to put food on the table and keep their homes.

- Best since day one -
Mr. V

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jaguars should have removed the seats instead of covering them with tarps, like the Redskins did last year.
2. Jaguars ticket prices are pretty cheap compared to the teams I've looked at. For example, the cheapest seat for a Titans at Green Bay game is $100 on StubHub, while it's $12 for the Jags home game versus the Titans.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 27 of 100

Jump to: