Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Streater vs Criner: Who has the brighter future?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which WR?
Streater
65%
 65%  [ 15 ]
Criner
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Streater vs Criner: Who has the brighter future? Reply with quote

Simple question. Between these 2 Raiders rookies, who are you most optimistic for?
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both have fairly bright futures with their good hands. I'm going with Streater with all that happened with him going undrafted and coming from a bad college offense and work his butt off and make a quick impression and now possibly start the season opener. Plus the guy is fast. Sky's the limit.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO I think Streater. He had terrible QB play in college so nobody really had a good idea of just how good he is.

From preseason alone, it's obvious he has great hands and can be a go to guy when we need a first down.

Criner has a lot of potential too, but I think Streater will just be more consistent.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see too much in Rod Streater right now. I'm pleased that he produced during the pre-season, but I don't think he brings much to the offense. Since almost all of his receptions came on short routes, you would have expected for him to showcase some talent running after the catch, but his thin frame holds him back. I also don't trust his hands, since I saw him bobble quite a few easy receptions. His route running looks robotic so far. He reminds me a lot of Louis Murphy without his talent as a deep threat. I still like Streater's potential to get better and I think he will, but it's only potential at this point, as I think he's still fairly raw.

With Juron Criner, I see a player who plays confidently, with great size, good strength, soft hands, good route running, elite skill as a deep threat for a rookie, and good YAC ability. I know he dropped a few easy ones during pre-season, but having watched him dominate at Arizona, his hands are definitely a strength. His hands, body control, jump ball skills, and ability to make circus catches give him the chance to be a great deep threat for the Raiders in the future. His 2 long TD's against the Lions (backups I know) are what you can expect out of him when he's matched up one on one with a CB down the field. As the season goes on, I expect to see him showcase his talent doing this quite a bit.

I like both, especially where we got them, but I see a way brighter future with Criner.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I don't see too much in Rod Streater right now. I'm pleased that he produced during the pre-season, but I don't think he brings much to the offense. Since almost all of his receptions came on short routes, you would have expected for him to showcase some talent running after the catch, but his thin frame holds him back. I also don't trust his hands, since I saw him bobble quite a few easy receptions. His route running looks robotic so far. He reminds me a lot of Louis Murphy without his talent as a deep threat. I still like Streater's potential to get better and I think he will, but it's only potential at this point, as I think he's still fairly raw.

With Juron Criner, I see a player who plays confidently, with great size, good strength, soft hands, good route running, elite skill as a deep threat for a rookie, and good YAC ability. I know he dropped a few easy ones during pre-season, but having watched him dominate at Arizona, his hands are definitely a strength. His hands, body control, jump ball skills, and ability to make circus catches give him the chance to be a great deep threat for the Raiders in the future. His 2 long TD's against the Lions (backups I know) are what you can expect out of him when he's matched up one on one with a CB down the field. As the season goes on, I expect to see him showcase his talent doing this quite a bit.

I like both, especially where we got them, but I see a way brighter future with Criner.

Your assessment of both players isn't suprising to me. You have a soft spot for big play guys. Criner has it in him, Streater is the move the chains guy. It's basically the same opinion you have about DHB and Ford.

I personnaly trust Streater to become a better player because consistency is more important than flashy plays to me.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Your assessment of both players isn't suprising to me. You have a soft spot for big play guys. Criner has it in him, Streater is the move the chains guy. It's basically the same opinion you have about DHB and Ford.

I personnaly trust Streater to become a better player because consistency is more important than flashy plays to me.

agreed
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcesi2IDxy8

Streater can make big plays. We've had him in the slot the majority of preseason.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

My evaluation of Criner comes from what I saw from him coming out of Arizona. He has the production and talent to show that he was more then just a big play threat, considering he was their best possession WR as well. If you think Streater's better at moving the chains because of one pre-season, you're deeply mistaken. Criner's polished route running, soft hands, body control, size/strength, and concentration make him better at any role you want to put him in.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

agreed

I'm guessing you didn't watch Criner ball out at Arizona if you're going to bring up his consistency and ability to move the chains.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streater this season, Criner next +.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

My evaluation of Criner comes from what I saw from him coming out of Arizona. He has the production and talent to show that he was more then just a big play threat, considering he was their best possession WR as well. If you think Streater's better at moving the chains because of one pre-season, you're deeply mistaken. Criner's polished route running, soft hands, body control, size/strength, and concentration make him better at any role you want to put him in.

+1

Criner can do it all and really isn't a "flashy" player. I mean, he has big play ability but he is more of a consistent chain mover and great redzone target than anything. I see a bright future for both young men, but I believe Criner will be better.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

agreed

How is Criner not a possession guy? Speed isn't necessarily his strength, he's a possession, move the chains guy with the ability to make big plays and win jump balls etc. I wouldn't make quick judgments based on the pre season.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put potential, skills, talents and abilities aside.
The brighter future belongs to the one that executes.

All star players take everything they do or don't have going for them and bring it to the field, every day, every year. Execution. Which one will? Who knows...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

How is Criner not a possession guy? Speed isn't necessarily his strength, he's a possession, move the chains guy with the ability to make big plays and win jump balls etc. I wouldn't make quick judgments based on the pre season.

He might be but the best basis for comparison between those 2 is the 4 games they've been playing in the same scheme and against "NFL talent". It's a small sample but a bit more telling than what they did at the college level. So far, Streater has looked like a better possession guy. Criner has shown the ability to come down with great catches. Consistency goes to Streater. There's nothing definitive about this assessment, just have to go off the little we've seen of them.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

He might be but the best basis for comparison between those 2 is the 4 games they've been playing in the same scheme and against "NFL talent". It's a small sample but a bit more telling than what they did at the college level. So far, Streater has looked like a better possession guy. Criner has shown the ability to come down with great catches. Consistency goes to Streater. There's nothing definitive about this assessment, just have to go off the little we've seen of them.

This is an opinion based question off of who you think has the brighter future. If the preseason is really the deciding factor for you, you can't blame others for not taking that stance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: