Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everything Else VIII!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Everything Else VIII!! Reply with quote

Kenney, how'd it go?!?

Just got back into Nac from celebrating my best friends marriage this weekend! Man, summer weddings in Texas should be illegal. Expecially in 3 piece suits lol. I got hammered and gave an awesome speech (from what everyone told me) I had the crowd rolling after asking Courtney, the bride if she had married Steven for his cooking skills, becuase on their first date, I prepared the whole meal, and he took the credit lol. Surely was a night ill never forget!

Oh and GO USA!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correa is done for the season with a broken fibula.

Good luck Kenney with your proposal!
4 TDs
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished my 3rd marathon yesterday. Ran a 3:31:57 and took more than 13 minutes off my previous best. Felt pretty good!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Finished my 3rd marathon yesterday. Ran a 3:31:57 and took more than 13 minutes off my previous best. Felt pretty good!

I don't think I want to do marathons, but I really want to start training for halfs! Congrats buddy!

Cole416 wrote:
Correa is done for the season with a broken fibula.

I shed quite a bit of tears last night..... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the basketball forum's sim league I just built this starting 5

Jeff Teague
James Harden
Michael Kidd-Gilchrest
Blake Griffin
Tyson Chandler

I'm working on resigning Greg Monroe, spencer Hawes and Aaron brooks

I can't imagine very many starting 5s that good with a mix of Defenders and scorers

But everything is voted on and Harden is crazy hated over there so I doubt they do well

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't posted in a while, but:

Congrats to texandominance on the marathon. I'm not sure I could string together two eight-minute miles, and you ripped out 26 of them.

HUGE congrats to kenney! Hoping the two of you have a supremely happy life together.

Y'all probably won't hear much from me over the next three months. I only get real internet access about once a week when I stop by a coffee shop a few miles down the road. But my new job is pretty sweet--my boss is awesome, the job is cool, and the Forest Service is a tremendous agency to work for. Headed out tomorrow morning for a backpacking trip to a couple of 9,000 ft peaks way out in a wilderness area. One of the perks of working for the USFS is that you can hitch on with rangers to go on trips to places you normally couldn't get into.

Sig by matthouston91
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Haven't posted in a while, but:

Congrats to texandominance on the marathon. I'm not sure I could string together two eight-minute miles, and you ripped out 26 of them.

HUGE congrats to kenney! Hoping the two of you have a supremely happy life together.

Y'all probably won't hear much from me over the next three months. I only get real internet access about once a week when I stop by a coffee shop a few miles down the road. But my new job is pretty sweet--my boss is awesome, the job is cool, and the Forest Service is a tremendous agency to work for. Headed out tomorrow morning for a backpacking trip to a couple of 9,000 ft peaks way out in a wilderness area. One of the perks of working for the USFS is that you can hitch on with rangers to go on trips to places you normally couldn't get into.

Good luck, brotha. Happy that you're doing something that you love so much.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been really quiet around here lately

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's been really quiet around here lately

I've been fretting over this for a while, but it hit me yesterday that we've been basically the same community (not to overlook the recent additions!) for 8 years, and roughly half of us started posting in high school, including me. It's been 8 years - decent chunk of us have graduated high school AND college in that time, taken on grad school and/or careers, gotten married, had children, fallen ill, or moved across the country.

I think the silence is kind of cool, actually. Everyone here is still reading, I imagine we will all be posting again come training camp and preseason... But for now the gaps between posts are something like the spaces in the rings of trees - signs of growth.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for the well-wishing. She said yes (although, there's an HD video up on YouTube and she took an uncomfortable amount of time to say it, lol). I will be a married man come January 17th!
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just talked to both of my girlfriend's parents the over the past few days telling them that we have been discussing the timing of getting engaged, etc. Getting very excited.

Dawgtx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't generally talk much about my personal life, but in glow of a fantastic 4th of July weekend, I have decided to.

Two years ago, the day before Memorial Day, my wife received a phone call telling her that her son had been injured in Afghanistan. He had lost both legs from an IED. He spent a week at a hospital in Germany, a few weeks in Bethesda, and then on to San Antonio, where my wife basically moved there to be his primary caregiver. It's been a long road to recovery, but I have never seen a young man more determined, and to not let anything get in the way of his recovery. Every day, it was like, "what my next step to get better?".

This past week, July 2nd, an organization called Helping a Hero, presented him with a house that was built to be more handicapped accessible. So, as a proud stepfather, I thought I'd share.

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/wounded-marine-gets-new-home-13278.shtml
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgtx wrote:
I don't generally talk much about my personal life, but in glow of a fantastic 4th of July weekend, I have decided to.

Two years ago, the day before Memorial Day, my wife received a phone call telling her that her son had been injured in Afghanistan. He had lost both legs from an IED. He spent a week at a hospital in Germany, a few weeks in Bethesda, and then on to San Antonio, where my wife basically moved there to be his primary caregiver. It's been a long road to recovery, but I have never seen a young man more determined, and to not let anything get in the way of his recovery. Every day, it was like, "what my next step to get better?".

This past week, July 2nd, an organization called Helping a Hero, presented him with a house that was built to be more handicapped accessible. So, as a proud stepfather, I thought I'd share.

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/wounded-marine-gets-new-home-13278.shtml

That's freakin awesome. Congratulations, and thank you, Michael.

Clutch5000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Jeff Teague
James Harden
Michael Kidd-Gilchrest
Blake Griffin
Tyson Chandler

I can't imagine very many starting 5s that good with a mix of Defenders and scorers

But everything is voted on and Harden is crazy hated over there so I doubt they do well

Need more 3 point shooting and an upgrade at the 5. Very Solid though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Dawgtx wrote:

That's freakin awesome. Congratulations, and thank you, Michael.

I would like to co-sign the congrats! Thank you for sharing!
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch5000 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Jeff Teague
James Harden
Michael Kidd-Gilchrest
Blake Griffin
Tyson Chandler

Need more 3 point shooting and an upgrade at the 5. Very Solid though.

Spencer Hawes, Aaron brooks, JR Smith, josh mcroberts are my rotation guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: