Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the league
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Around the league Reply with quote

We've had a place to keep track of going ons, so here we go.

I hate the Cowboys, but feel bad of Lee tore his ACL again on the first day of OTA's. Rookie OL Zach Martin rolled into Lees left leg.

Also in a liter note, Matt Schaub threw a pick six to Justin Tuck in the Raiders first OTA practice today. Lmao, you couldn't script this stuff! What do y'all think went through Antonio's head when it happened?

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
Blaze

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Around the league Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
We've had a place to keep track of going ons, so here we go.

I hate the Cowboys, but feel bad of Lee tore his ACL again on the first day of OTA's. Rookie OL Zach Martin rolled into Lees left leg.

Also in a liter note, Matt Schaub threw a pick six to Justin Tuck in the Raiders first OTA practice today. Lmao, you couldn't script this stuff! What do y'all think went through Antonio's head when it happened?
Im almost sure he didnt want to laugh......But i will. Laughing

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
LORK 88

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really random, but Titans backup Charlie Whitehurst is now #12 because he lost an arm wrestling match for the right to wear #6. Who'd he lose to you ask? Punter Brett Kurn.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
Really random, but Titans backup Charlie Whitehurst is now #12 because he lost an arm wrestling match for the right to wear #6. Who'd he lose to you ask? Punter Brett Kurn.

He should have his man card revoked.

Grasspike

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:

He should have his man card revoked.

To be fair, Kern is 6-2, 220 lbs. And I know from experience that punters and kickers work out their legs and go straight to bicep exercises and bench because they don't need their upper bodies for anything useful. Remember Matt Turk?

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 veteran CB were just released. The Lions Chris Houston who is supposedly injured, and The Chiefs Brandon Flowers.

Wonder if we try to bring in Flowers?

treece300e

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
2 veteran CB were just released. The Lions Chris Houston who is supposedly injured, and The Chiefs Brandon Flowers.

I really hope they do. I know Flowers' best years were in RAC's system. Though, I don't know what the cap hit is for us if we sign him. We still have to sign XSF, and we have around $8.7M in cap space at the time.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I really hope they do. I know Flowers' best years were in RAC's system. Though, I don't know what the cap hit is for us if we sign him. We still have to sign XSF, and we have around $8.7M in cap space at the time.

I'm been talking about Flowers all offseason as an ideal candidate to help make Romeo's system sing. Now we can get him for no comp. We HAVE to make this happen. Harris has been a joke as a nickel, has done nothing to endear himself to the new staff, and I'm doubtful he'll even make the team which leaves us with a competition of UDFAs for the nickel spot which has killed us three seasons in a row. Bring in Flowers and kick Kareem over to nickel on 3rd downs. We have the cap room due to a questionable cut with Manning and not resigning Antonio and wise cuts of OD and McCain. Time to make a bold move instead of the usual d-list patchwork!

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Anyone know why Flowers was released by KC? Injuries, or was this purely a money issue? If it's a money issue any idea what he would cost us?
treece300e

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Anyone know why Flowers was released by KC? Injuries, or was this purely a money issue? If it's a money issue any idea what he would cost us?

To my knowledge, it was the cost of his contract in conjunction with his poor play last season. He played a majority of his snaps in the slot, which he admitted to not liking. I know his contract was $5.5M this season, with a $2M training camp bonus.

Not sure how much it would cost for us to sign him, but I really hope we at least make an attempt, and if someone picks him up for more than we can afford then at least we made an effort.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

To my knowledge, it was the cost of his contract in conjunction with his poor play last season. He played a majority of his snaps in the slot, which he admitted to not liking. I know his contract was $5.5M this season, with a $2M training camp bonus.

Not sure how much it would cost for us to sign him, but I really hope we at least make an attempt, and if someone picks him up for more than we can afford then at least we made an effort.

He's also a zone corner, and they're moving to a primarily press-man defense next year. Cornerback in the NFL is extremely reliant on scheme fit (remember Nnamdi Asomugha?).

Sig by matthouston91
treece300e

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
treece300e wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

He's also a zone corner, and they're moving to a primarily press-man defense next year. Cornerback in the NFL is extremely reliant on scheme fit (remember Nnamdi Asomugha?).

Yeah, Scrabble was doodoo butter if when he wasn't in press-man. Isn't RAC's system is a lot more, if not predominantly zone? I feel like that's what I read, and I know I've seen KJ talking about being in zone and not having his back to the QB anymore.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamal Charles holding out a year after signing a new contract....

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was quick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/23/report-chiefs-jamaal-charles-agree-to-new-contract/

Also, Sidney Rice has retired after 7 season. He had concussion issues.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/23/seahawks-receiver-sidney-rice-is-retiring/

Lane Johnson and Dion Jordan both suspended 4 games for PED's. Doesn't help Jordans case that he put about 20-30 lbs of muscle on in the past year.

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footballs back boys!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: