Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Second Annual Forum by Forum Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Second Annual Forum by Forum Mock Draft Reply with quote

I started doing this last year. The pick by pick draft in the draft forum lets anyone vote. I'm going to let fans of the team make their pick.

The first guy to 5 picks is the guy. I will check in from time to time. If no one has 5 votes after 24 hours, the (first) guy with the most votes (in case of a tie) is the pick. If you debate within your post over 2 candidates, please specify clearly at the end who your vote is or I won't count it.

Trades are not an option here, so don't tell me what you want to do with a trade.

Houston is on the clock.

1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston QB FSU
2. Tennessee - Leonard Williams DL USC
3. Jacksonville - Vic Beasley LB Clemson
4. Oakland - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
5. Washington - Dante Fowler OLB UF
6. Ny Jets - Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
7. Bears - Shane Ray LB Missouri
8. Atlanta - Randy Gregory Edge Nebraska
9. Giants - Brandon Scherff OL Iowa
10. Rams - Kevin White WR WVa
11. Minnesota - La'el Collins OL LSU
12. Cleveland - DeVante Parker WR Louisville
13. New Orleans - Danny Shelton DT Washington
14. Miami - Trae Waynes CB MSU
15. San Francisco - Jaelen Strong WR ASU
Quint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
treece300e

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint wrote:

Samesies!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
Quint wrote:

Samesies!

Thirdsies

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
dsorc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add another vote for Bud Dupree.
(Followed by hoping Dorsett is there in the second. Seeing 4 WR go before our pick would be worrisome)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Dupree 5th'd
6 Touchdowns
Cole416

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess ill be the only guy with Eric Kendricks

Adopt a Texan:

Jadeveon Clowney:
3 GP sucks
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannibal3188 wrote:
Bud Dupree 5th'd

Bud Dupree 6th'd & 7th'd! (I have multiple personalities)
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dupree it is. Thanks for voting.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be the dissenting opinion here. For a bunch of guys who claim to not be "combine" guys, DuPree has workout warrior written all over him to me with a sprinkling of pro-SEC bias. The dude topped out at 7.5 sacks this season against previous seasons of 7.0, 6.5, and 2.5. He played the lightest SEC schedule possible this year with no Bama, Auburn, A&M, Ole Miss, Ark which leaves the garbage SEC East of which they beat only Vandy & SC. Dude was awful against the best team he played vs. Georgia which doesn't bode well for his NFL projection in my book. Mizzou's Shane Ray notched 15 sacks against a better schedule and Markus Golden got 10 for them. DuPree wasn't even top 10 in his own conference in sacks or top 50 overall. What am I missing?

Dupree strikes me as a 2nd rounder with some upside, but taking him at #16 is FAR too risky a pick for the Texans who can't afford to miss AGAIN in the first two rounds. The gap between Williams, Gregory, Ray, Fowler, and Beasely and DuPree strikes me as massive and taking the 7th best pass rusher at #16 screams poor value to me especially with only 1 tackle and 1 cb off the board. Sure, the measurables are sexy, but the bust potential is large considering his lack of production so I'd prefer to hope one of Orchard, Odighizuwa, Harold, or Golden slips to us in the 2nd.

I'd prefer to take a more conservative approach with surer things like ILB Kendricks, NT/DE Malcolm Brown, CB Jalen Collins, or T's Peat or Flowers which would allow us to move Newton inside and hedge against Fila being a flop and don't forget Brooks, Jones, and Clabo are all FA's after 2015 and Duane Brown turns 30 with huge non-guaranteed salaries in 2016-18.

If we are truly a BPA team, there is no way that you grab a wild card like Dupree over Peat or Flowers who are probably better franchise LT prospects than Robinson or Matthews last year who went #2 and #6 overall despite being being better at LG and RT candidates. The only thing dumber than resigning Newton would be to bypass 2 future franchise T's that fall in your lap because you did.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Gotta be the dissenting opinion here. For a bunch of guys who claim to not be "combine" guys, DuPree has workout warrior written all over him to me with a sprinkling of pro-SEC bias. The dude topped out at 7.5 sacks this season against previous seasons of 7.0, 6.5, and 2.5. He played the lightest SEC schedule possible this year with no Bama, Auburn, A&M, Ole Miss, Ark which leaves the garbage SEC East of which they beat only Vandy & SC. Dude was awful against the best team he played vs. Georgia which doesn't bode well for his NFL projection in my book. Mizzou's Shane Ray notched 15 sacks against a better schedule and Markus Golden got 10 for them. DuPree wasn't even top 10 in his own conference in sacks or top 50 overall. What am I missing?

Dupree strikes me as a 2nd rounder with some upside, but taking him at #16 is FAR too risky a pick for the Texans who can't afford to miss AGAIN in the first two rounds. The gap between Williams, Gregory, Ray, Fowler, and Beasely and DuPree strikes me as massive and taking the 7th best pass rusher at #16 screams poor value to me especially with only 1 tackle and 1 cb off the board. Sure, the measurables are sexy, but the bust potential is large considering his lack of production so I'd prefer to hope one of Orchard, Odighizuwa, Harold, or Golden slips to us in the 2nd.

I'd prefer to take a more conservative approach with surer things like ILB Kendricks, NT/DE Malcolm Brown, CB Jalen Collins, or T's Peat or Flowers which would allow us to move Newton inside and hedge against Fila being a flop and don't forget Brooks, Jones, and Clabo are all FA's after 2015 and Duane Brown turns 30 with huge non-guaranteed salaries in 2016-18.

If we are truly a BPA team, there is no way that you grab a wild card like Dupree over Peat or Flowers who are probably better franchise LT prospects than Robinson or Matthews last year who went #2 and #6 overall despite being being better at LG and RT candidates. The only thing dumber than resigning Newton would be to bypass 2 future franchise T's that fall in your lap because you did.

I agree. Given this scenario, I'd say the better long term option is Peat who could fill in for Brown once his contract is up, but the more immediate impact has to be Flowers who could probably step in a RT or G and immediately produce.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: