Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 GDT: Houston Texans @ Cleveland Browns
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins it?
Houston by a lot
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Houston by a little
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Cleveland by a little
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Cleveland by a lot
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Hannibal3188

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Week 11 GDT: Houston Texans @ Cleveland Browns Reply with quote

(Someone with some photoshop skills should make a cool banner to put here)

Who: Houston Texans at Cleveland Browns
When: Sunday, November 16th at 1 pm EST
Where: The Dawg Pound

Game Overview: Both teams will be coming off of longer than usual breaks. Houston is going in with a new QB under center, and we will get to see if Mallett can be the guy or if we're just going to watch him struggle until we put Savage in the last 2-3 games. Cleveland comes in after a good game against the Bengals, which gave them the lead in their division. The Texans will be fighting to keep their playoff hopes alive, while the Browns will be looking to pull away from the rest of the AFC North.

Houston Outlook: Wild Card at QB. Questionably motivated/talented receiving core. We are definitely going to need Arian to have a big day for us to keep the pressure off the passing game. Defensively, the name of the game is stop the run.

Cleveland Outlook: Shanahan will look to their nice trio of backs (Tate, Crowell, and West) to carry the offense again. Similar to how things were for us when Schaub was here, if they rush for over 100 yards and keep Hoyer from passing more than 25 times, they'll probably be looking pretty good. Defensively, I'd be surprised if they don't put 8 in the box early to make us beat them with Mallett.

Key matchup: Cleveland's Rushing Attack vs Houston's Run D
Hoyer has been excellent when not asked to put the team on his back. If we can slow down their running game enough, then we'll get to watch Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus go to town.

I'm going to be at this game sporting some Battle Red right around the 50 yard line on the home side Smile
4 Touchdowns

Last edited by Hannibal3188 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a good matchup.

Question, does Watt normall line up on one side, or do you guys throw him in to different spots a lot?

Our C and RG have been the weak links since Mack went down. Doesn't make me confident.....

Foster should have 100 for sure.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
pnies20

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Question, does Watt normall line up on one side, or do you guys throw him in to different spots a lot?

Our C and RG have been the weak links since Mack went down. Doesn't make me confident.....

I like our chances. I don't think Foster goes for 100. Our DL is getting healthy and for once we seemed to be coached well. It seems as if the scheme is finally clicking for everyone. Whitner is playing the run very well. Foster has some of the best vision in the league so we need our LB to fill the cutback lanes.

Also, McDonald looked solid on Thursday. In fact, he played better than Greco. I have to believe we'll have a special plan for Watt in place. Which hopefully will work for at least part of the time! Wink

<3 JF
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

I like our chances. I don't think Foster goes for 100. Our DL is getting healthy and for once we seemed to be coached well. It seems as if the scheme is finally clicking for everyone. Whitner is playing the run very well. Foster has some of the best vision in the league so we need our LB to fill the cutback lanes.

Also, McDonald looked solid on Thursday. In fact, he played better than Greco. I have to believe we'll have a special plan for Watt in place. Which hopefully will work for at least part of the time! Wink

Ya, we move Watt around A LOT.

Foster pulled his groin last week, so we don't know how healthy he'll be, even after the bye.

Mallett is clearly the wild card. If we can protect him enough, maybe he has a Keenum esque effect on the passing game from last year, and we have Foster in the backfield.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Foster pulled his groin last week, so we don't know how healthy he'll be, even after the bye.

Did he get mad?
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Did he get mad?

As much as we complain about his demeanor sometime, and we all know football isn't life to him. He still bust his [inappropriate/removed] having him brother train him, and when his body responds like that, wouldn't you be mad? Especially after the back injury last year. Hopefully the 2 weeks off will be enough, becuase he'll help Mallett out.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a big Mallett fan during the draft. I still think he can be good. That's what scares me here.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I was a big Mallett fan during the draft. I still think he can be good. That's what scares me here.

Yep, and I'm pretty sure he'll be excited for his first start since college, and he knows he'll get paid this off-season based on how well he performs to finish out this year AND i think he knows that he may never get another chance in his career to play with the likes of Johnson hopkins and foster and will look to take full advantage. He's got a chance to become the long term starter of an offense hes played in 4 years now surrounded by high quality talent. I bet he's salivating

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I bet he's salivating

I'll bet he's also having these symptoms:

Loss of appetite
Increased heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature
Contracted blood vessels
Increased rate of breathing
Dilated pupils
Disturbed sleep patterns
Nausea
Hyperstimulation
Bizarre, erratic, sometimes violent behavior
Hallucinations, hyperexcitability, irritability
Tactile hallucination that creates the illusion of bugs burrowing under the skin
Intense euphoria
Anxiety and paranoia
Depression
Intense drug craving
Panic and psychosis

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Quote:
I bet he's salivating

I'll bet he's also having these symptoms:

Loss of appetite
Increased heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature
Contracted blood vessels
Increased rate of breathing
Dilated pupils
Disturbed sleep patterns
Nausea
Hyperstimulation
Bizarre, erratic, sometimes violent behavior
Hallucinations, hyperexcitability, irritability
Tactile hallucination that creates the illusion of bugs burrowing under the skin
Intense euphoria
Anxiety and paranoia
Depression
Intense drug craving
Panic and psychosis

That sounds like Heroin....

You dont want a man who's dope-sick in there.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good time to play the Browns. They coming off a huge division win against their rivals on the road, and we had an extra week off to study their team off their Thursday win. If Foster is healthy I think we will run the ball alot in this game. Browns run d isnt good and Foster has been pretty consistent this season. However, if the Browns get pressure on Mallett like they did Dalton then he is in a long day. If we can get pressure on Hoyer (especially if Clowney is back) then I think we have a shot. That's if of course we can stop their running game and force them to pass. I think the Browns win though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think O'Brien calls a fairly conservative game on offense, and we run the ball alot. I think Mallett will make some nervous mistakes but overall I think we'll see a glimmer of hope for the future. I'm interested to see who his favorite target will be. I hope to see some new attitude and enthusiasm from AJ as well. I think our O-line will be better and we'll run alot of 2 TE sets to help with pass protection as well as pass protection from the RB position. Arian will get alot of work if he plays since he's better at pass protection than Blue or Grimes. On defense, if Clowney plays I don't expect much and honestly don't expect much from him until next season. We'll see then if he was worth a #1 overall pick. I expect JJ to be held alot by the Browns offense and for the refs. to continue to ignore the obvious penalties right in front of them. A conservative game plan, new QB, and refs. ignoring obvious penalties equals a Browns win.

Texans 16
Browns 27
kjmercer17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Mallett is clearly the wild card. If we can protect him enough, maybe he has a Keenum esque effect on the passing game from last year, and we have Foster in the backfield.

He wont lineup on the LEFTSIDE!!!!!!
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this, I HOPE I am wrong about mallet. I hope he turns out to be Aaron Rodgers and the two of them change the game plan for grooming QBs of the future.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, if Mallet proves to be average it wouldn't be crazy for us to finish the season anywhere from 2-5 to 6-1

There isn't a team on the schedule we can't beat and there isn't one that can't beat us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: