Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Houston @ NY Giants
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Week 3 GDT: Houston @ NY Giants Reply with quote

Who: Houston Texans at New York Giants
When: Sunday September 21, 2014
Where: MetLife Stadium East Rutherford, New Jersey
Time: 1pm ET/12 CT

Houston Outlook - Coming into Sunday Houston sits at 2-0 with wins against 2 of probably the worst teams in the league (although Wash looks a lot better with Cousins at QB). I read a summary of our first 2 wins by a national media member asking, "How do you play the worst team in the NFL in back to back weeks?" Nevertheless, a win is a win, especially on the road. To this point in the season, we have the leagues 2nd leading rusher, 29th leading passer, but 4th in TOP at 33 minutes +, and tied for 2nd in TO differential at +5. So the plan is laid out, run the ball to control the clock, and take care of the football.

New York Outlook - Another dreadful start to the season, like last. The giants are the polar opposite to our Texans. Leading the league in a bad way with 6 giveaways and no takeaways. Losing to a Drew Stanton lead Arizona team last week. With 2 of their better defenders hurt in Walter Thurmmond, and Jon Beason it could be another long season, and the last season for HC Tom Coughlin, and QB Eli Manning.

Keys to the game
1) If it ain't broke, don't fix it - ground and pound, with our stellar line play.

2) Continue our opportunistic play on defense, and keep causing TO's.

3) Contain WR's Victor Cruz, and Ruben Randle.

4) Find a pass rush, besides JJ.

Postional Battles
QB: Avd Giants
RB: Adv Texans
WR: Adv Texans
TE: Push
OL: Adv Texans
DL: Adv Texans
LB: Adv Texans
DB: Adv Texams

X-Factor - I'm digging into the depths of the roster for this one, but don't be surprised if Ricky Sappmakes an impact in this game. Personally I thought he'd make the team over Ankrah, but that didn't happen. Although 2 weeks in, they've swapped spots. If we want to be successful, we need Sapp to play well enough to spell Brooks and Whitney so they can stay fresh throughout the game.

Fantasy Outlook - Start: Dre, Nuk, Arian, Texans D, Victor Cruz. Sit: Fitz*, Eli*, Rashard Jennings

*If you're starting either of these scrubs you should re-evaluate your fantasy football skills.

Prediction: Houston 27 New York 21

Injury Report
HOUSTON TEXANS

Wednesday (9/17/14)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
OLB Jadeveon Clowney Knee
S Shiloh Keo Calf

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
TE C.J. Fiedorowicz Foot
RB Arian Foster Hamstring
G Ben Jones Ankle/Knee
CB Johnathan Joseph Foot
SS D.J. Swearinger Elbow

FULL PARTICIPATION
ILB Akeem Dent Hamstring
TE Garrett Graham Ankle
DE Tim Jamison Groin
WR Andre Johnson Ankle
NT Louis Nix III Wrist
FB Jay Prosch Hand

NEW YORK GIANTS

Wednesday (9/17/14)
DID NOT PARTICIPATE
LB Jon Beason Foot/Ankle
WR Odell Beckham Hamstring
LB Devon Kennard Hamstring
P Steve Weatherford L. Ankle

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
T James Brewer Back
T Charles Brown Shoulder

FULL PARTICIPATION
DT Markus Kuhn Ankle

New York GDT
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18577767#18577767

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff

Last edited by lumberjackchris on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
DreDay80

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB is not a push.....lol. Eli is still a FAR better quarterback than Fitz. He was actually pretty damn good in their last game.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
QB is not a push.....lol. Eli is still a FAR better quarterback than Fitz. He was actually pretty damn good in their last game.

I don't know what you're talking about Cool

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:

He was decent last game, not good. He is better than Fitz, but not by much. At least not for 56 minutes.

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to what Coach O'Brien thinks. This game is indeed a trap game. I am going to be interested in seeing how O'Brien can have this team ready against a team that will be desperate for a win. It's a road game in their place too.

Nevertheless, this is the perfect time to play them while they are injured and struggling.

Quick, without looking name the Giants leading receiver right now? If we can stop the run and force Eli to pass then I have no doubt we can win this game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Contrary to what Coach O'Brien thinks. This game is indeed a trap game. I am going to be interested in seeing how O'Brien can have this team ready against a team that will be desperate for a win. It's a road game in their place too.

Nevertheless, this is the perfect time to play them while they are injured and struggling.

Quick, without looking name the Giants leading receiver right now? If we can stop the run and force Eli to pass then I have no doubt we can win this game.

If this was at home, I could see where some people may think this is a "trap" game, but it being on the road in a tough environment, and us reeling off 14 straight losses after starting last season 2-0 will prevent that. Also, BOB won't let them come out flat, he's leaps and bounds a better HC than Kub ever was.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
vinniepaz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to ruin your thread but I didn't know where else to ask....Alfred blue or grimes?? I thought grimes would be the guy but blue has out snapped him pretty significantly, correct?
shep0507

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:

I'm not sure about that actually. Does Eli have the potential to be better? Yes. At his best is he better than Fitz is now? Yes. At Eli's best was he better than Fitz's best? Again, yes. Is he playing now like he is better than Fitz is now? I don't think so.

Pickpatrick hasn't shown up and he has been the dreaded "game manager" stereotype, but he has been a solid starting QB in the NFL. Eli for the past few years hasn't lived up to his potential or even been solid.

I'd feel comfortable with calling it a push.

0-0, 0 Yds 0 TDs 0 INTs/-1 Yd rush
Snap Counter
Mallett 4
Texans 170
Percent: 2.35% Trade:7th rd pick
Sig by CalhounLambeau
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinniepaz wrote:
Sorry to ruin your thread but I didn't know where else to ask....Alfred blue or grimes?? I thought grimes would be the guy but blue has out snapped him pretty significantly, correct?

Tough to say. O'Brien said Sunday after the game against the Raiders that the backup RB job depends on the situation during the game, so it's hard to tell who will get the most carries after Foster. It could be Blue, it could be Grimes, it could even be Ronnie Brown.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might have Fiedo back this week. BOB was still reluctant to divulge any info, so he's still day-to-day.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:

Larry Donnell, only know this because he is my TE in FF lol
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Who?!?!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Who?!?!

lol you will see on Sunday
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

LOL I honestly had to look it up cause the Giant's receiving core hasnt been that good so far this season. Eli has thrown them some nice passes and they drop them. If Drew Stanton can go in New York and win, I have no doubt we can.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the game where Eli finally gets this new offense and completes 75% of his passes

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: