Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Four Round Texans Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick41

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:06 am    Post subject: Four Round Texans Mock Reply with quote

Hi guys.

Just finished a four round mock and this is what I got for Houston. Please share any comments or criticisms so I can iron out errors in the mock.

16 Bud Dupree, DE/LB, Kentucky
51 Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
82 Xavier Cooper, DT, Washington St.
116 - Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado St.

bossvegas wrote:
yup stole a stop sign and tried to help push over a light pole during a riot. But to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first three picks, but we don't need to draft another qb this year. Until savage officially busts i say qb is not a need and we honestly don't have room for one on the 53

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
I like the first three picks, but we don't need to draft another qb this year. Until savage officially busts i say qb is not a need and we honestly don't have room for one on the 53

I second this. If we draft a QB, I think it has to be someone we really like that fell, perhaps Bryce Petty with a 5th round comp selection. I'd rather see us looking for a RB, S, or CB in this spot, assuming there is value.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
PAtexansFAN99 wrote:

I second this. If we draft a QB, I think it has to be someone we really like that fell, perhaps Bryce Petty with a 5th round comp selection. I'd rather see us looking for a RB, S, or CB in this spot, assuming there is value.

Was my thought as well. Grayson is a raw developmental project like Savage. I don't really see the upgrade there and neither would sneak thru on a practice squad. As for Bryce Petty falling to the end of the 5th, I think he'll be gone by the 5th pick in the 2nd round and can be the best QB in this draft class if he lands in the right place.

My opinions on Bud Dupree not being worthy of the 16th pick have been documented. We can't afford to miss on a workout warrior that high and his lack of production simply doesn't justify the pick IMO unless we think his broad jumping skills will help him miss the holes in the NRG turf.

Agholor would be reasonable at #51, decent value, and has the makeup of a tough O'Brien type guy, but for me his skill set is a bit too similar to Nuk (or Robert Woods) for my liking as I'd love to finally have someone who could bring some explosiveness to this offense like Dorsett. I also would love a guy like Lockett who would finally give us a slot receiver who can actually catch in traffic AND is a threat to beat people deep. If they are both gone Agholor can be a decent slot guy, but I think he'd end up sitting behind Shorts and Washington as a rookie. I know O'Brien wants a WR who is going to also return kicks for us and Agholor was a great punt returner at SC, so I think you might have hit the nail on the head with this one.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we take a QB it will be in round 2 and a guy like Petty or Hundley if we are sold on them being good, I could then see Savage going to the practice squad or we trade the Mallet/Hoyer loser
Carrer marks:
1,002 catches 13,463 yards 63 TDs
footyfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Four Round Texans Mock Reply with quote

Maverick41 wrote:
Hi guys.

Just finished a four round mock and this is what I got for Houston. Please share any comments or criticisms so I can iron out errors in the mock.

Dupree is the most likely one Texans take @#16. Two others that are fairly likely are Landon Collins SS, Malcom Brown DT and (hopefully) Devante Parker.
My own mock would be:-
1. Devante Parker WR
2. Duke Johnson RB (Miami)
3. Jacquiski Tartt SS
4. Za'Darius Smith DE
Offense let Texans down last year so the first two picks go that side this year.
Besides, Rahim Moore and Vince Wilfork were two nice signings for the D, who gets the 3rd and 4th picks anyway.
Parker and Johnson should be two impact players while Tartt and Smith have had some intriguing things said about them lately as well.
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my favorite scenario is one in which we trade down and acquire an extra 2 or 3 in addition to a late round pick, and then I want either Maxx Williams or Eric Kendricks in round 1. Second round, go BPA regardless of position, and then 3rd round we address receiver, hopefully a guy like Tyler Lockett would still be available at that point.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Four Round Texans Mock Reply with quote

footyfan wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:
Hi guys.

Dupree is the most likely one Texans take @#16. Two others that are fairly likely are Landon Collins SS, Malcom Brown DT and (hopefully) Devante Parker.
My own mock would be:-
1. Devante Parker WR
2. Duke Johnson RB (Miami)
3. Jacquiski Tartt SS
4. Za'Darius Smith DE
Offense let Texans down last year so the first two picks go that side this year.
Besides, Rahim Moore and Vince Wilfork were two nice signings for the D, who gets the 3rd and 4th picks anyway.
Parker and Johnson should be two impact players while Tartt and Smith have had some intriguing things said about them lately as well.

It would definitely be a bit of a shocker if Parker isn't the 3rd WR off the board and with the Giants, Rams, Vikings, Browns, Saints, Dolphins, and 49ers picking 9-15 you've got to think at least 4 WRs are off the board by our slot. You've got to think the Vikings would love the Bridgewater / Parker chemistry. I don't think Collins makes any sense for us at #16 as his skillset is pretty much redundant with Swearinger as an in the box safety that has pretty poor coverage skills. The Rahim Moore signing scratches FS off the list. I do think #3 safety will be addressed in the middle rounds since Daniel Manning is gone, but again, Tartt is another "hitter" who's coverage skills are questionable. Personally, I'd prefer we START with speed and coverage skill and consider hitting and run support as tertiary. Eric Rowe, Byron Jones, Anthony Harris, and Doran Grant all bring CB speed & cover skills but hit the 6 ft / 200 lb profile of safeties at the next level and I suspect one of them could be our next Glover Quin in the 4th.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: