Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fix your chart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Fix your chart Reply with quote

https://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/HST-Off.jpg

https://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/HST-Def.jpg

Just want a better idea of what KC is facing week 1. Thanx
What do you disagree with? What do you think of some of the unknowns/rookies who will be starters/key players?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
dsorc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chart is fairly accurate. Here would be my corrections:
-Nobody has a clue who the QB will be
-Shorts is probably average rather than below. He will probably split time in the slot and outside. I will expect him to get about equal snaps as Strong over the whole year.
-If Clowney can't go, Mercilus plays ROLB and Simon plays LOLB with Jason Ankrah (listed at DE?) likely being their primary backup.
-Kareem Jackson does slip inside on nickel but he will still start and play more snaps that Kevin Johnson.
- David Quessenbery if healthy should be at least an average player. But, he might not be cleared to play for the whole year as he is still on a weak regiment of chemotherapy to ensure there is no recurrence of his cancer. God help us if any of our OL gets hurt.
-Another detail, we had been playing a 3-safety dime as our primary pass subpackage the last few years. With our turnover at safety we might end up with a new pass subpackage approach.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly accurate, but I personally feel differently on a few:
Foster - High Quality rather than Good
Mercilus - Average (at least) rather than Below Average
Crick - Average rather than Below Average

Foster will inevitably miss a game or two, but when he's playing, he's one of the best in the league.

Mercilus definitely hasn't lived up to expectations as a 1st round pick, but I don't think he's below average at his position overall. And based on the other players on these charts listed as "below average" I think Merci is undoubtedly better than all of them.

Crick played pretty well last year as a full-time starter in a new scheme. I think he is overshadowed by Watt, and the expectations for him are higher as a 3-4 DE because Watt breaks the mold. However 56 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 4 TFLs, and 6 PBUs. Like Merci, comparing Crick to other players labeled "below average," he's more valuable than Tuggle, Dent, and even Mohammed, IMO.
footyfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
Mostly accurate, but I personally feel differently on a few:
Foster - High Quality rather than Good
Mercilus - Average (at least) rather than Below Average
Crick - Average rather than Below Average

Foster will inevitably miss a game or two, but when he's playing, he's one of the best in the league.

Mercilus definitely hasn't lived up to expectations as a 1st round pick, but I don't think he's below average at his position overall. And based on the other players on these charts listed as "below average" I think Merci is undoubtedly better than all of them.

Crick played pretty well last year as a full-time starter in a new scheme. I think he is overshadowed by Watt, and the expectations for him are higher as a 3-4 DE because Watt breaks the mold. However 56 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 4 TFLs, and 6 PBUs. Like Merci, comparing Crick to other players labeled "below average," he's more valuable than Tuggle, Dent, and even Mohammed, IMO.
Agree and I would also move Newton up to good as well - he was the third or fourth best RT in the league last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: