Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official BAYLOR, A&M, NC State, and Coogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
I'm loving every minute of this Red River Rivalry!

For real. Glorious.

I am this pathetic mixture of embarrassed and angry after what happened today. Really at a loss for words of why we can't get up and play Oklahoma. And to make matters worse, Ash is hurt. A part of me is hoping for another implosion of a season so we can move on from the Mack era.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aTm is dominating lsu right now!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when early games used to be boring in college football. It could be several upsets for the early games.

Aggies beating LSU
Ok st. beating Iowa St
Temple beating Rutgers

V-Tech is only down 7 to Clemson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 turnovers resulting in 14 lsu points smh come on ags

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Williams vs. Quandre Diggs is definitely gonna be a matchup to watch tonight.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The State/Maryland game was the most frustrating game I've ever seen. Both teams tried to give the game away in the fourth quarter multiple times. It would have been comical if I wasn't so invested...

Sig by matthouston91
Underwood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... at least it was a win. Go Defense! Laughing

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would somebody please explain to me this concept where the SEC is a stronger conference than the Big 12? By my count, the Baylor Bears stand a very decent chance of playing 8 ranked conference opponents this year including 4 on the road (Kansas being the only dud). Meanwhile, the Aggies step up to the "mighty SEC" and will play 4 ranked opponents total including 2 at home. Friggin' Mississippi State head into week 8 of their season at 7-0 and have yet to play a team that even has a prayer of being bowl eligible despite playing in the mighty SEC. Sure Florida, LSU, and Alabama are the top of the lot in any given college season, but it sure seems like these SEC teams get to focus all of their energies on 2 or 3 games that make or break their season with 5 or 6 filler games in between. I'm sorry but when the winner of Miss St. vs. A&M gets to be the #3 or #4 bid from a conference, that conference is far from elite. Vanderbilt's path to bowl eligibility means beating Mizzou (0-4), Auburn (0-5), Kentucky (0-5), Tenn (0-4) plus two out of conference cupcakes. On the heels of losing to 3 straight ranked opponents which would be the toughest stretch in an SEC schedule, Baylor still has #3, #8, and #14 and Iowa St who was #24 last week and OSU who would almost certainly be ranked at the end of the year but for the fact their Big 12 schedule STILL includes 6 more ranked teams.

I've been impressed with the young Ags thus far, but a much better Ags team last year went 4-5 thru a Big 12 gauntlet where they even beat a ranked Baylor RG3 led team that went on to win 10 games, yet this year they should get to a 5-3 conf record while beating nobody of any consequence. Even if they lose to Miss State, they still finish 8-4 without any victories over teams that will finish in the top 25. Can we please blow up this myth of the SEC right now as while it may be the hardest to WIN since you have to go thru 2 other great programs to get thru, but if watching the Ags this year, and seeing their schedule for next year is any indication, this conference may be one of the easiest to become bowl eligible and reach second tier bowls from.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Last edited by Apollo Stallion on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore, if K-State and OU win out, and none of the SEC teams (or Oregon) are undefeated, there BETTER be an ALL Big 12 National Championship this year or Big 12 vs. Pac 12 as OU will have gone thru 9 ranked teams to get there while Bama, LSU, or Florida will have gone thru 3 or 4 and lost to a team by definition WORSE than K State. Hell, if Oregon & KState are undefeated, I'd argue their strength of schedule would dictate they go AHEAD of an undefeated Alabama.

Of course, it probably won't play out that way as Alabama, LSU, and Florida each STILL have multiple courses to national championship spots even in trading losses amongst themselves while K State and Oregon practically have to win out despite going thru at least 3 if not 5 more ranked opponents. From what I've seen, LSU and Florida are but a few plays better than Texas A&M who was 7th best out of 10 Big 12 teams last year and has a freshman QB and coach this year, so why the hell would one beating the other mean they are better than a one loss Oklahoma or K State who played 8 quality conference games instead of 2 or 3?

Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SEC whoring is such crap.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the rest of your points withstanding, this A&M team is better than last year's, if not for any other reason than coaching. I think you're stretching the truth by trying to say otherwise.
texandominance

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We lost again this weekend but there was something nice that happened.

My cousin's BF had his red shirt burned and made his first career start. He played pretty well, 13/24, 149, 2td, 2 int, 16 rush, 67 yards. One of the INTs was not his fault the other was a freshmen mistake.

He looked good considering he made was making his first start ever and it was in Madison against the Badgers. The future is here and he is our future. Pretty cool to see someone you know and have hung out with many a times on ESPN leading your team down the field.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
None of the rest of your points withstanding, this A&M team is better than last year's, if not for any other reason than coaching. I think you're stretching the truth by trying to say otherwise.

Based upon what? Being competitive with Florida and LSU at home or almost losing to Ole Miss and La Tech on the road? On the sidelines this week alone included NFL players from the 2010-11 teams Ryan Tannehill, Von Miller, Cyrus Gray, Jeff Fuller, Javorskie Lane, while Frederick, Judie, and Bullock spent time on rosters as well. That awful coach from last year has 3 wins against NFL teams this year (and 2 OT losses) with that same QB and a receiving corps not much better than Swope-EZ-Fuller and an O-line that would be much improved with the addition of either Joeckel or Matthews. Manziel has been solid, but played like a freshman this week and Evans is solid, but wasn't good enough to crack the Aggie receiving core last year as a freshman and barely beat our Nate Askew this year.

Furthermore, A&M would have perennial powers, West Virginia and TCU to contend with as well, instead of Mizzou (who beat A&M at Kyle in 2010 and 2011) and I haven't seen anything to tell me this team would have a prayer of going into K-State or OU and winning any more than you have a prayer against Bama. I'm not saying it's this way every season, but even you have to admit that Arkansas and Auburn are laughable this year vs. even Oklahoma St or Texas last year who both beat you. Going to Lubbock against Tech or Waco against Baylor are certainly harder roadies than these Mississippi teams.

Are you telling me this is a TOUGHER schedule than you had in the Big 12? Two tough games and a bunch of soft serve.

TEXAS A&M 2013 football schedule
Aug. 31;vs. Rice
Sept. 7;vs. Sam Houston State
Sept. 14;vs. Alabama*
Sept. 21vs. SMU
Sept. 28;at Arkansas*
Oct. 12;at Ole Miss*
Oct. 19;vs. Auburn*
Oct. 26;vs. Vanderbilt*
Nov. 9; vs. Mississippi State*
Nov. 16;vs. New Mexico
Nov. 23;at LSU*
Nov. 30;at Missouri*

A&M AVERAGED 3.8 conference wins in it's last 5 years in the Big 12, and I'm still trying to figure out two schedules into this SEC garbage how it would be possible NOT to get to 5 conference wins every year which you did once in the Big 12 in the final 5 seasons. The worst A&M team in those 5 years would have gone 8-4 with this schedule. Why is no one pointing out that in addition to all the garbage bottom feeders in the SEC that they also get one LESS conference game than the Big 12 which in the case of A&M means bye weeks against Rice, SHSU, New Mexico, and SMU?

Somebody also has to explain to me where all this great national SEC coverage is going to come in as if the A&M vs Miss St or Auburn game will get national coverage while I've gotten to watch Baylor on prime time national ESPN games 3 times yet A&M/LSU grabs that captivating 11am slot. Explain to me why Johnny Manziel had numbers better than Tebow heading into the LSU game yet A&M hasn't gotten a blip of national coverage while 2 more Big 12 QBs dominate national coverage (Atkins & Klein).

As predicted, the shadow of Bama, LSU, and Florida (and a 4th team like SC or Georgia), is going to make A&M pine for the days where UT and OU got all the pub. I was cracking up when all they showed in the Baylor/UT halftime show top 25 update was A&M getting gashed by Jeremy Hill after the missed kick which reminded me of practically every close Baylor loss before last year or Texans loss until this year, where the only story seemed to be that some powerhouse took care of business against us rather than the fact that the game was in doubt until the final ticks. So what happens when the new wears off the 11 teams not named FLA, LSU, Bama coming to town in a few years and they add 20k seats to Kyle?

It's funny, where I once thought A&M wouldn't be able to compete in the SEC, upon seeing the reality of the soft schedule, I actually now think they will be able to win and win often and be LESS relevant in the process because unlike in the Big 12, nobody cares about the middle-lower class because they never rise to the top. It seems like every year there are at least 3 or 4 different teams in the Big 12 that bubble up to contend for the title while the "other" SEC teams are just the AL East where once every decade or two the Orioles or Rays will catch the Red Sox or Yankees in a down cycle for 2nd place, but for the most part, everyone just sits in a Toronto Blue Jays purgatory.

kenney

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell yourself what you have to, but I'm not getting into this with you again. You can bloviate about the relevance of the Big XII vs. the SEC for whatever reasons you wish, but I know that I'm watching a better team now in College Station than I was last year.
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compare schedules and rankings all you want, but I believe in an actual matchup, the SEC would have the advantage.

^LORK 88^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 6 of 28

Jump to: