Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official BAYLOR, A&M, NC State, and Coogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Arkansas was overrated this season starting in the top 10 but damn, they are awful. Which makes me happy Very Happy

^LORK 88^
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Geno Smith is on fire today but BU also lost Goodson which doesnt help their secondary. Will see what he does against K St, UT and OU.

TD I think your Gophers perfect season is coming to an end today.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Geno is dropping dimes today, he's def earning all the hype and possibly millions in the draft and maybe a Heisman

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Big XII >>> SEC.

Does that include defense, or did you just mean offenses? Laughing

^LORK 88^
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Big XII >>> SEC.

Yeah, cause nothing is ever "good" in college football. That was two of the top offenses in all of college football, they are gonna make any defense look silly.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Big XII >>> SEC.

Tenn and UGA would like to say otherwise

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels good to get our first win today. Even if it was against Rice. Rice was the home team at reliant and we still outnumbered them. Laughing

I would say there were 32,500 total attendance and 29,000 was UH fans. The whole stadium was filled with red except maybe the endzone side was blue. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
TexansFan80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Big XII >>> SEC.

Yeah, cause nothing is ever "good" in college football. That was two of the top offenses in all of college football, they are gonna make any defense look silly.

Would they make Bama look silly? Heck, I'd still take LSU's defense against those two. LSU handled WVU last season.

While Tennessee/Georgia ruined my argument, I'd bet it wouldn't be a game in the 60's against most SEC schools

^LORK 88^
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
TexansFan80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Big XII >>> SEC.

Would they make Bama look silly? Heck, I'd still take LSU's defense against those two. LSU handled WVU last season.

While Tennessee/Georgia ruined my argument, I'd bet it wouldn't be a game in the 60's against most SEC schools

Choose the best defense in CFB as your example, ok Rolling Eyes

Uhh yeah... 60s is a ridiculously high score. If you don't think WVU/Baylor are dropping 40+ on almost every team in America though, you're choosing to use evidence that doesn't exist.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:

Uhh yeah... 60s is a ridiculously high score. If you don't think WVU/Baylor are dropping 40+ on almost every team in America though, you're choosing to use evidence that doesn't exist.

You're right, I forgot having the best defense in CFB in the conference I'm arguing for is invalid.

And it's pretty easy to drop 40 a game when you don't play a defense all year. Unless you want to argue for SMU, James Madison, SHSU, and Marshall Rolling Eyes

^LORK 88^
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played terrible yesterday. Still, 4-1 is a good start to the season
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:

You're right, I forgot having the best defense in CFB in the conference I'm arguing for is invalid.

And it's pretty easy to drop 40 a game when you don't play a defense all year. Unless you want to argue for SMU, James Madison, SHSU, and Marshall Rolling Eyes

Baylor has scored 45+ in the past 9 games. They have had 500+ yards in the past 11 games. That includes teams like SMU and SHSU, but also includes Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia, and Washington. I'm not sure after this weekend but with yards Baylor had 10 games straight, and the next closest was Oregon with 3 games in a row with 500 yards. Art Brlles/Baylor is arguably the best offensive system in the nation.

People were talking this year that Baylor wasn't gong to have an offense becasue they lost RG3, Ganaway and Wright. Florence has been great, and Terrance Williams is having an incredible season and will break Wright's single season records this year.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerous59 wrote:
TexansFan80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:

Baylor has scored 45+ in the past 9 games. They have had 500+ yards in the past 11 games. That includes teams like SMU and SHSU, but also includes Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia, and Washington. I'm not sure after this weekend but with yards Baylor had 10 games straight, and the next closest was Oregon with 3 games in a row with 500 yards. Art Brlles/Baylor is arguably the best offensive system in the nation.

People were talking this year that Baylor wasn't gong to have an offense becasue they lost RG3, Ganaway and Wright. Florence has been great, and Terrance Williams is having an incredible season and will break Wright's single season records this year.

As far as I'm concerned, the Bears season comes down to the next 2 games. I had West Virginia in Morgantown as a loss the second the schedule came out and a 7 point loss is better than I could have expected considering RGIII himself couldn't keep us close to Ok St or A&M on the road last season and we even managed to lay an egg in Manhattan, KS last year. The defense needs to use its off week to shore things up at home vs. TCU and the following week vs. Texas as both teams are better than the ones we beat last year. I certainly had expected the Baylor defense to take greater strides in year 2 under Phil Bennett than we are seeing this year, but the talent in that secondary just isn't strong enough with the starters, better yet depth to handle losing Hicks, Goodson and Dixon. It's pretty clear that if we aren't generating turnovers we are screwed, but we also need to be able to run the ball more effectively than 2.6 yards per carry to give the secondary a bit of time to catch their breath.

A win vs. TCU and we are right back in the top 25 and another one the next week puts us right back in the conversation for another top 3 finish in the Big 12 as we hopefully can roll a few more weeks with Iowa St and Kansas to get ready for the defining OU road game and KSU at home. There should be no question that the Big 12 got a whole lot stronger with the addition of TCU & WVU and the SEC looks substantially weaker once you get past Alabama. I have to get A&M some props as they are definitely stronger than I would have envisioned and they will be tough for years to come with Manziel and Evans especially with that o-line, but Arkansas was no better than SMU or South Carolina State. I won't be shocked if they are sitting at 5-1 when an underwhelming LSU comes to Kyle. Winning 2 of of 3 at Auburn, Miss St, and Bama doesn't look unrealistic and they finish at home with what should be easy wins vs. SHSU and Mizzou. Their Big 12 schedule last year DWARFS this breezy SEC schedule.

Just one last thought on the Bears. Is it just me or has the coverage of 2 games in a row been abysmal. ESPN rolled out their D-Team for the Friday night national spotlight game that included them completely missing a critical TD while away on commercial break and overtly rooting for all things Louisiana-Monroe and acting disappointed every time we scored. This week featured the Geno love fest which was completely warranted but all the FSU talk wasn't in an epic game that was in doubt until the final seconds. For goodness sakes what about Nick Florence answering every shot and putting up 581 yards ON THE ROAD in what was supposed to be a homecoming walk thru for the Mountaineers? They were at times openly lobbying calls to go WVU way despite clear evidence to the contrary to support their original biased call. Just like the week before, RG3 got more talk time than any Bear playing in the game, and this Rod Gilmore idiot is practically pitching Briles for the Arkansas gig even going so far as to reference Art Briles EXTENSIVE Arkansas roots which couldn't be farther from the truth considering Briles hasn't coached or lived 1 day outside the state of Texas.

I've accepted that Baylor will always have to scratch and claw for every ounce of respect, but it is amazing that this Arkansas program that was disgraced off the field in the offseason and on it this year grabs attention from us even in failure, just like the "next big thing" flop that was the Aggies last year. How about a little love for the little school that stood up to the Aggies & SEC and helped keep together a conference that has 5 of the Top 15 and only one garbage team to the SEC's collection of 1 win teams with Ark, Kentucky, Auburn, and Vandy. The Big 12 has a collective 8 losses right now to the SECs 22 and our #2 contender didn't just almost lose to Towson!

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some big games today, UT v West Virginia, UGA v South Carolina and Florida v LSU

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad day for you TF80.

Man The gamecocks looked unstoppable in the 1st quarter against UGA

This UT v WVU is living up to it, thought it was going to get away from UT early but a couple of turnovers and scores made it to what looks to be a great 2nd half.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 4 of 29

Jump to: