Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official BAYLOR, A&M, NC State, and Coogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Our defense is horrible, I get that 6 starters are out, but these guys all look pathetic. Should be good experience for them, but this all but assures we lose to bama

Yup. Rice putting up 28 is bad.

I don't think bama will lose a game
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Our defense is horrible, I get that 6 starters are out, but these guys all look pathetic. Should be good experience for them, but this all but assures we lose to bama

I def think we can score on Bama. We have a stable of backs that anyone the in the country would envy. Evans, Kennedy and Seal-Jones on the outside and Johnny. And it's at Kyle. Is gameday gonna be there?

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

I def think we can score on Bama. We have a stable of backs that anyone the in the country would envy. Evans, Kennedy and Seal-Jones on the outside and Johnny. And it's at Kyle. Is gameday gonna be there?

Gameday has to be there! In fact i wouldnt be surprised if they do everything in their power to make sure the aggies are in the top 5 when it happens...which realistically would just require Georgia beating South Carolina this coming week

After watching that entire game i think i change my statement on the Tide. They didnt look impressive on offense at all. The D was stout, but they were exposed on a few big plays. Aggies have a way better offense than VT, and we have a more experienced offensive line. Not only that, i dont think press coverage will work against guys like Evans and Kennedy.

Crazy thing about yesterdays Bama game was how 3 big plays made the game seem more out of hand. VT played with Bama step for step. VT gives up a punt return for a TD and a bad play that goes for an easy pick 6 followed by another kick return TD is what won the game. Otherwise it was a 14-10 game. Bama's offense couldnt do anything, but aggies wont have as good a defense as VT.

I suspect the aggies keep it very very vanilla against Sam Houston St. Hopefully they give manziel enough time to pad his stats a bit, and show off some more of that footwork he has been working on. He looked really good in the pocket yesterday. When he starts to scramble his footwork gets bad again, but thats ok, as long as he makes the right throws

If the aggies knock off Bama again, i can see them running the table all the way to LSU
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think Bama will win their 4th in a row this year.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bama is going to beat the Aggies. Saban has an extra week to prepare for them too. Not good for the Aggies. The game that could decide whether or not Bama goes to the BCS title game is Nov. 9th against LSU.

Teams in the AAC is making us look bad in the new conference. USF getting blown out, and UConn losing to a FCS school. SMH.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Gameday has to be there! In fact i wouldnt be surprised if they do everything in their power to make sure the aggies are in the top 5 when it happens...which realistically would just require Georgia beating South Carolina this coming week

After watching that entire game i think i change my statement on the Tide. They didnt look impressive on offense at all. The D was stout, but they were exposed on a few big plays. Aggies have a way better offense than VT, and we have a more experienced offensive line. Not only that, i dont think press coverage will work against guys like Evans and Kennedy.

Crazy thing about yesterdays Bama game was how 3 big plays made the game seem more out of hand. VT played with Bama step for step. VT gives up a punt return for a TD and a bad play that goes for an easy pick 6 followed by another kick return TD is what won the game. Otherwise it was a 14-10 game. Bama's offense couldnt do anything, but aggies wont have as good a defense as VT.

I suspect the aggies keep it very very vanilla against Sam Houston St. Hopefully they give manziel enough time to pad his stats a bit, and show off some more of that footwork he has been working on. He looked really good in the pocket yesterday. When he starts to scramble his footwork gets bad again, but thats ok, as long as he makes the right throws

If the aggies knock off Bama again, i can see them running the table all the way to LSU

If A&M had any self-respect, they wouldn't let ESPN set foot on campus, GameDay or otherwise, for awhile.

I actually suspect that some of A&M's woes against Rice were a vain attempt at not showing anything on film... which we probably wouldn't have been able to do even with all our starters playing. Rice is a good team this year. A&M's defense is bad, though.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult to judge the aggie defense with so many starters out, but our D has been pretty bad for years, had a decent season last year but still not great.

Good news in all this is that a TON of young guys are getting experience

It's hard to be an aggie fan right now. Johnny football is such a good player, but he's also such a punk that it's hard not wanting to see him fall on his face
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
It's difficult to judge the aggie defense with so many starters out, but our D has been pretty bad for years, had a decent season last year but still not great.

It's hard to be an aggie fan right now. Johnny football is such a good player, but he's also such a punk that it's hard not wanting to see him fall on his face

I agree it's mostly been uninspiring, but this is the first year in 3 or 4 whereby we haven't had core leaders who led in the locker room and in their play on the field.

Tony Hurd is the emotional core of this team, it seems, but he's a Nickel back. Donnie Baggs was being cited as the leader of our front 7, but he was awful. Kirby Ennis is the best player in the front 7, but he's suspended for being a thug.

I hope we get to see more regular playing time for Daeshon Hall, Justin Manning, Jordan Mastrogiovanni, and Kameron Miles so that these guys can mature as leaders at every level on the defense. It's unfortunate, but we need to tap the potential of this recruiting class sooner rather than later.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

I agree it's mostly been uninspiring, but this is the first year in 3 or 4 whereby we haven't had core leaders who led in the locker room and in their play on the field.

Tony Hurd is the emotional core of this team, it seems, but he's a Nickel back. Donnie Baggs was being cited as the leader of our front 7, but he was awful. Kirby Ennis is the best player in the front 7, but he's suspended for being a thug.

I hope we get to see more regular playing time for Daeshon Hall, Justin Manning, Jordan Mastrogiovanni, and Kameron Miles so that these guys can mature as leaders at every level on the defense. It's unfortunate, but we need to tap the potential of this recruiting class sooner rather than later.

Good to see at least few Ags starting to understand that at least some of last year's success may have been due to the influence of guys like Joekel, D. Moore, Swope, Porter, Michael, Nealy and not solely that other recruit so many forget was begrudgingly recruited by Sherman, not Sumlin. I fully expect the Ags to roll to 11-1 or 10-2 with the 2 game season laid out before them, but I think a slight humbling by Rice was exactly what the entire program needed in more ways than one.

It at the very least gave Sumlin a small opportunity to prove to the dope smoking defenders missing from the game that their actions outside the game can impact the Ags season and while the entire university long ago sold their souls to the Manziel family ethical standard vs. the Aggie Code of Honor, at the very least some right thinking die hards got to acknowledge that Johnny's on field taunting and antics were inappropriate and embarassing. Of course, the irony is palpable considering how quickly Black #2 jersey's have replaced Maroon 12th Man jerseys and all the long-time supporters who lost their seats and parking spots because of their first nationally relevant season in the past 15.

I'm fully prepared at this point for the charmed existence of Johnny Legend to grow even further with the Bama offense conveniently lowering the bar far enough for A&M to hop it again. What is going to be interesting to watch, however, is where this program ends up in a few years when Johnny is playing for the Raiders and the real next phase of the program kicks in with Sherman's players gone, a legit SEC schedule, and the realization that those Aggie values and traditions might have not been worth sacrificing in a quest to become the next Auburn.

Of course, with the rest of the nation aside from Joe Flacco rooting for Bama to drill the entitled smugness of Johnny Bieber into the Kyle Field turf repeatedly, it's also going to be interesting to see the Aggie reaction if and when Johnny's winning streak comes to an end and the regretful hangover finally kicks in. There already seems to be a growing contingent that recognizes that for all the attention that Johnny brought the school last year, that there actually is such a thing as "bad press" after all and that it wasn't all just some vast ESPN conspiracy. Winning cures everything, but at least when the Ags used to define their season by one opponent (that didn't reciprocate), that game was on Thanksgiving, not two weeks into September (with the team that beat down Johnny still looming around Thanksgiving).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know money has a lot to do with it, but idk how Georgia's AD schedules Clemson week 1 with S. Carolina their week 1 opponent....Richt might be fired mid-season if they don't win this week.

Hopefully LORK's red raiders take it easy on my lumberjacks this weekend Crying or Very sad

Miami v Florida should be a good game, along with ND v Michigan and Georgia v S. Carolina

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A&M isn't looking so hot
texandominance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gophers got an easy game today. Should be 2-0
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas looking like Garb against BYU
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aggies are in serious trouble on D. I know there were still some starters out and they were probably looking ahead, but we are so so so young on D.

The offense is looking great. Seems like Johnny football is content to be more of a pocket passer this season with the hopes of improving draft status. It's gonna take 35 points for us to beat Bama and even then it will be shaky

On another nite I can't believe we just burned Kenny hills redshirt on mop up duty
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Aggies are in serious trouble on D. I know there were still some starters out and they were probably looking ahead, but we are so so so young on D.

The offense is looking great. Seems like Johnny football is content to be more of a pocket passer this season with the hopes of improving draft status. It's gonna take 35 points for us to beat Bama and even then it will be shaky

On another nite I can't believe we just burned Kenny hills redshirt on mop up duty

Ya the Hill thing has me confused too.....was Jockel hurt? Maybe they want a more athletic back-up than Jockel incase Johnny gets hurt?

Anyone else loving this UT v BYU game!!!!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 21 of 30

Jump to: