Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official BAYLOR, A&M, NC State, and Coogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4498
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man last nights LSU/Clemson game along with the S.Carolina/Michigan game this morning have been great!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texandominance


Joined: 22 Sep 2007
Posts: 4629
Location: Duluth, Mn
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its interesting to see how the Big 10 is fairing this bowl season since this is a "down year." Ill give you that we are 2-4 right now but two of those loses are by one possession.

Because of the Penn State and Ohio State sanctions, every team is over-bowled, some two.

Nebraska, Northwestern and Michigan are both one bowl higher than they should be while Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota and Michigan State are both two games higher than they should have been. Teams over bowled by one game are currently 1-2, all against the SEC. Teams over bowled by 2 games are also 1-2.

The media keeps on saying that the Big 10 is down this year but they don't factor in that two of our best teams can't make a bowl and forget about them while making the argument. If we have all teams in bowls that they should be in, I bet we go 6-3 or 7-2 in the bowls this year, not 2-5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4498
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Its interesting to see how the Big 10 is fairing this bowl season since this is a "down year." Ill give you that we are 2-4 right now but two of those loses are by one possession.

Because of the Penn State and Ohio State sanctions, every team is over-bowled, some two.

Nebraska, Northwestern and Michigan are both one bowl higher than they should be while Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota and Michigan State are both two games higher than they should have been. Teams over bowled by one game are currently 1-2, all against the SEC. Teams over bowled by 2 games are also 1-2.

The media keeps on saying that the Big 10 is down this year but they don't factor in that two of our best teams can't make a bowl and forget about them while making the argument. If we have all teams in bowls that they should be in, I bet we go 6-3 or 7-2 in the bowls this year, not 2-5


I know this is a football discussion, but TD you Gophers are looking mighty nice in basketball!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texandominance


Joined: 22 Sep 2007
Posts: 4629
Location: Duluth, Mn
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
texandominance wrote:
Its interesting to see how the Big 10 is fairing this bowl season since this is a "down year." Ill give you that we are 2-4 right now but two of those loses are by one possession.

Because of the Penn State and Ohio State sanctions, every team is over-bowled, some two.

Nebraska, Northwestern and Michigan are both one bowl higher than they should be while Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota and Michigan State are both two games higher than they should have been. Teams over bowled by one game are currently 1-2, all against the SEC. Teams over bowled by 2 games are also 1-2.

The media keeps on saying that the Big 10 is down this year but they don't factor in that two of our best teams can't make a bowl and forget about them while making the argument. If we have all teams in bowls that they should be in, I bet we go 6-3 or 7-2 in the bowls this year, not 2-5


I know this is a football discussion, but TD you Gophers are looking mighty nice in basketball!


Sports this year are overall looking great. Football was much improved, made a bowl, had a chance to win. Hockey just beat BC (defending national champion) 8-1 and took over number 1 in the polls. Wrestling is number 3, women's hockey is number 1, and now our basketball team sits at number 9.

The game yesterday was so much fun to be at. I've never seen the barn how it was. Great atmosphere. These next two weeks are going to be tough though. We have Northwestern at home, then @ Illinois (#11), @ Indiana (#5) then home against Michigan (#2).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4498
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see how Johnny plays tonight against OU. Hopefully it's a good one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4498
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god TexansDominace, are yall going to have your kicker double as a linemen?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/169283/ryan-santoso
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4498
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man the Big 12 sure is showing out tonight!

GiG'Em!!!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4498
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny was 12 passing yards from being only the 2nd qb with 300 passing and 200 rushing yards in a game! Couldnt find the guy who did it.

Where do yall think aTm starts the pre-season next year? I say around 5
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11920
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Johnny was 12 passing yards from being only the 2nd qb with 300 passing and 200 rushing yards in a game! Couldnt find the guy who did it.

Where do yall think aTm starts the pre-season next year? I say around 5


#2. Because Notre Dame is going to be #1 no matter how badly they lose in the National Championship.

Almost the entire ND defense is coming back, minus Manti "Heart of the Team" Te'o (I think the Irish will survive). Regardless of how the BCSNCG plays out, A&M has more hype than any team in the country going into next season.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8830
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Johnny was 12 passing yards from being only the 2nd qb with 300 passing and 200 rushing yards in a game! Couldnt find the guy who did it.

Where do yall think aTm starts the pre-season next year? I say around 5



marques tuiasosopo
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dangerous59


Joined: 24 Nov 2006
Posts: 3320
Location: Baylor University
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Johnny was 12 passing yards from being only the 2nd qb with 300 passing and 200 rushing yards in a game! Couldnt find the guy who did it.

Where do yall think aTm starts the pre-season next year? I say around 5


#2. Because Notre Dame is going to be #1 no matter how badly they lose in the National Championship.

Almost the entire ND defense is coming back, minus Manti "Heart of the Team" Te'o (I think the Irish will survive). Regardless of how the BCSNCG plays out, A&M has more hype than any team in the country going into next season.


I bet the top 5 for next year will start as:

1. Bama
2. ND
3. Ohio St
4. Texas A&M
5. Oregon/Stanford (whatever PAC 12 team that they think will be the best)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4498
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who y'all got tonight?

I say Bama 24 ND 20
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11920
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any questions?
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jacobys Homey


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 8715
Location: BU
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Any questions?


Congratulations on a great season, Kenney. I hadn't watched a player single handily dominate a game like Manziel did in the Cotton Bowl all year.
_________________


Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11920
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
kenney wrote:
Any questions?


Congratulations on a great season, Kenney. I hadn't watched a player single handily dominate a game like Manziel did in the Cotton Bowl all year.


Thanks.

Now I'll wait on Apollo.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 13 of 27

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group