Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official BAYLOR, A&M, NC State, and Coogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
That was the most incredible game ever. Was so amazing to be at.

The future is bright at Baylor. We are doing what we are doing with marginal three stars around. Our defense has some big time recruits that are being redshirted this year, along with another huge defensive class this year. Oh, and the #1 WR in the nation (Robbie Rhodes) and a myriad of other talented offensive players. I'm really excited to see what Briles will do with some seriously talented recruits.

Who's gonna be the QB next year? I heard some rumors of Manziel's back up transferring to Baylor and he's looked solid in mop up duty.

Yeah, I hate hate hate the SEC (especially now with A&M) so this weekend went quite horribly for me. But with all this madness, Texas might be able to sneak its way to a conference title if it wins out Laughing so there's that.

I know there is a Minnesota guy here. I wonder what he thinks of the recent Kill-Barker story.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a big aggies fan, but i cannot stand the SEC

i am however enjoying the transition....i had to listen to so many people dog a&m this past summer saying the were a bottom tier sec school and that the defenses in the SEC were too good for a "Big 12" offense

so what does Johnny Football do? Breaks all of Cam Newtons records and wins a heisman.......its great

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
That was the most incredible game ever. Was so amazing to be at.

The future is bright at Baylor. We are doing what we are doing with marginal three stars around. Our defense has some big time recruits that are being redshirted this year, along with another huge defensive class this year. Oh, and the #1 WR in the nation (Robbie Rhodes) and a myriad of other talented offensive players. I'm really excited to see what Briles will do with some seriously talented recruits.

Who's gonna be the QB next year? I heard some rumors of Manziel's back up transferring to Baylor and he's looked solid in mop up duty.

Yeah, I hate hate hate the SEC (especially now with A&M) so this weekend went quite horribly for me. But with all this madness, Texas might be able to sneak its way to a conference title if it wins out Laughing so there's that.

I know there is a Minnesota guy here. I wonder what he thinks of the recent Kill-Barker story.

Most likely Bryce Petty, he'll be a redshirt junior. Both Griff and Florence said that he has heisman potential. He is huge at 6'3" 245 and runs a 4.7 which is incredible for his size. Huge arm too. Just as strong as RGIII's if not stronger. The thing with him, and any other QB without any experience, is if he will make the correct decisions within the offense and not make critical mistakes. Has huge potential though.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great game today! Tech v Baylor, USC v ND, S.Carolina v Clemson. Speaking of S.Carolina, Clowny will be the #1 pick next year, the dude is a freak. Reminds me of Mario

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Some great game today! Tech v Baylor, USC v ND, S.Carolina v Clemson. Speaking of S.Carolina, Clowny will be the #1 pick next year, the dude is a freak. Reminds me of Mario

Not the same physical specimen as Mario, but a better football player.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Not the same physical specimen as Mario, but a better football player.

Ya Marios in a class of his own but Clowny isnt to far behind especially if he continues to add muscle mass

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOB was released as head coach of NC State today. Looking forward to ripping Debbie Yow for an inferior hire.

Sig by matthouston91
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang SEC messed up my hopes that this weekend would finally pull the tarp off this sham of respect for strength of the SEC this year. It's not beating Georgia Tech is a great win considering they lost to Mid Tennessee, but at least Georgia has now beaten somebody besides Florida this year. Florida's strength was still a bit of a question mark with no reference outside of the SEC beside squeaking by La-Lafayette, but beating Florida St at home definitely qualifies as a quality win. I had the least faith in South Carolina's legitimacy, but beating Clemson also provides further reference at where the SEC stands vs. the ACC. What remains maddening is that Alabama seems to have been penciled in by everyone to advance to the BCS championship when all they have is an early season win over 4 loss Michigan (who have no right to still be ranked) and a fluky win over an LSU team that continues to be overrated (all Stanford has done is win 3 straight against ranked opponents and lose to the #1 team in OT vs. LSU barely squeaking by every week which is something the VOTERS are supposed to account for, not the computers). Personally, I think Georgia POUNDS Alabama, but I almost hope Notre Dame gets the pleasure of knocking Bama off their high horse which, like LSU, is more about last years team than the current one.

As for the SEC vs. Big 12, not a whole lot has changed in my eyes as I still think the SEC is stronger at the top, but that the Big 12 is a tougher overall conference be a considerable margin. With Baylor becoming bowl eligible, 9 of 10 teams will now be going to bowls and they didn't get to play FCS teams instead of conference rivals late in the season the way the SEC does to elevate teams over teams still playing dangerous conference games like the trap K State stepped into in Waco. The SEC goes only 6 teams deep this year which means 60% of the conference is easy pickings for the front runners who need only win 2 quality games to get to the top 10, while a Big 12 schedule means you've faced 8 bowl eligible opponents (including several on the road). No, I don't think UT is very good this year, but unlike SC or LSU we at least got to see them exposed because they played Oklahama, West Virginia, and TCU and now K State which is at least 2 more quality opponents than the 6 SEC frontrunners faced as well as victories over, Tech, Ok State, Iowa St and Baylor (and throttling an Ole Miss team A&M should have lost to).

Final note - I went to the Mizzou/A&M game on Saturday and was absolutely shocked at how little fight there was in the Tigers who had beaten A&M three years in a row. How Gary Pinkel still has a job today is amazing considering his personal life trainwreck (divorce, DUI), how his team quit on him, and that he hasn't done squat aside from the years he had Chase Daniel back there. If Gene Chizik can be blown out 2 years after winning a national championship, how the hell can Pinkel still keep his gig 5 years after choking away Mizzou's only shot at one? Mizzou needs to go out and make a Sumlin type hire (Kingbury anyone) and bring a high powered offense to the SEC and like A&M show that these defenses aren't all they are cracked up to be. I find it funny that with all the Johnny Manziel love around here, that as a passer he still isn't even close to Tannehill and that for the 2nd time in 3 years a QB from out of nowhere (freshman and a juco) has completely run roughshod over SEC defenses. Alabama has exactly 1 CB left and LSUs best CB was last seen huddling with teammates around the bong. Who is rushing the passer for Bama this year?

Heck, just to go a step further for the benefit of kenney, Johnny Football probably rightfully wins the Heisman, but I think he would be viewed behind Braxton Miller if not for their sanctions, Teo for his position, and would be behind Geno Smith, Collin Klien, and Landry Jones in the Big 12 if not for this bogus standard where he gets to lose two games (and make no mistake, he was AWFUL against an LSU team that his o-line completely neutralized) and still be the darling while the others don't because of where expectations started. I have zero doubt that this A&M defense would get lit up by 5 or 6 Big 12 offenses (and probably lose 3 or 4), but we'll never know as he gets "credit" for beating patsies like Ole Miss, Miss St, Mizzou, Arkansas and Auburn who may have SEC next to their name, but are Sun Belt quality. Johnny is a ton of fun to watch, but his success is a testament to how poor even the top SEC defenses are this year which is the thing that is supposed to separate the Big 12 and the SEC, right? Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and SEC team came to the Big 12 & couldn't run a lick against even mediocre defenses? Just as a case and point, I watched an Arkansas team in the Cotton Bowl with Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis get completely stuffed by Mizzou while a UDFA named Tony Temple rolled up 281 yards on them, but the myth of SEC running games and defenses never goes away no matter how many Gerard Warren, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Derrick Harvey type SEC-proven "beasts" bust in the NFL. Sure am glad I picked up Heisman winner Mark Ingram in fantasy a few weeks ago when Big 12 nobody Sproles went down. Meanwhile no less than 5 recent QBs from Big 12 schools (Griffin, Bradford, Weeden, Dalton, Tannehill) won NFL football games this week in a QB driven league. Nah, Big 12 defenses just make em look good.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I read about Saban crying about not getting to go to the Sugar Bowl if they lose this week to Georgia (because Florida will be ranked ahead of them and only 2 teams per conference get to go to BCS bowls). Are you f'ng kidding me? The Gators beat A&M on the road and you lost to them at home. Your team beat NOBODY all season except LSU who beat you for 59 minutes. If you lose to Georgia, you should fall completely out of the top 10 including 5th best SEC since South Carolina at least beat Clemson and A&M beat you which makes them better 2 loss teams than your squad IMO. I love how Saban gets to the BCS championship last via the same back door over an Oklahoma State team that didn't already lose to the team in the BCS Championship, yet this year, he complains. Bobby Petrino will be a perfect fit at Auburn with these self fellating coaches who couldn't hack it in the NFL where the press doesn't "vote" for who they think would win playoff games based or schedule cupcakes like Western Carolina in week 11.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, a Big XII fan thinks the Big XII is better than the SEC. Give it a rest.

You're obviously not paying attention with the quips about defense (which makes sense because your conference doesn't play it) or Manziel's passing (which also makes sense, because to maintain your delusion, you have to believe that 1. Last year's A&M team was better than this one and 2. That last year's A&M team played to max potential but just couldn't cut it against "elite" Big XII competition).

You lost. No amount of words you cram into a message board post will change that fact.
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
You lost. No amount of words you cram into a message board post will change that fact.

Lost what, exactly? There was only one Big XII-SEC matchup the entire year, and Texas won that game by five touchdowns, a margin no SEC team put on Ole Miss the entire year, despite the game being in Oxford.

The only things the SEC has proven this year is that a.) they have six teams much better than their other eight teams and b.) the SEC is better than the ACC.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Oh look, a Big XII fan thinks the Big XII is better than the SEC. Give it a rest.

You're obviously not paying attention with the quips about defense (which makes sense because your conference doesn't play it) or Manziel's passing (which also makes sense, because to maintain your delusion, you have to believe that 1. Last year's A&M team was better than this one and 2. That last year's A&M team played to max potential but just couldn't cut it against "elite" Big XII competition).

Kenney, I don't want to argue with you 'cause I like you too much, but remember where you were before the season. You thought that a middling A&M team would get slammed in the SEC, now A&M is doing very, very well in the SEC. Is it because A&M got better? Yes. Is it because they went into a weaker conference? Yes. Not one or the other. It is both.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think conference strength should be weighted for top-heaviness. One or two great teams doesn't make a great conference, but six makes for a pretty good one. The Big XII is certainly deeper, but I think being a top 5 team from the SEC is still harder. And this is coming from someone who thinks Collin Klein should win the Heisman.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think, the best conference goes to the conference that gets guys ready for the NFL. It's been the SEC cause of the physicality, but with the trend towards a more offensive league, the Big 12(10) might be gaining.

I really hope aTm plays UT in the Cotton Bowl Pray

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Personally I think, the best conference goes to the conference that gets guys ready for the NFL. It's been the SEC cause of the physicality, but with the trend towards a more offensive league, the Big 12(10) might be gaining.

I really hope aTm plays UT in the Cotton Bowl Pray

Why would that make it the best conference? That's selective reasoning at its finest. It's not asinine and you're not dumb, but I don't agree with that at all. I mean, why would the best high-school team in america be considered the team that prepares kids best for college ball? That's silly.

And eww, I hope not. That UT defense is awful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 9 of 28

Jump to: