Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official BAYLOR, A&M, NC State, and Coogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SEC gets the biased, because it's the closets thing to the NFL, plain and simple.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
The SEC gets the biased, because it's the closets thing to the NFL, plain and simple.

The SEC gets bias, because ESPN has a huge TV deal with them. Plain and simple.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Yeah, because they don't have a network completely dedicated to a Big 12 school. Rolling Eyes

^LORK 88^
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Yeah, because they don't have a network completely dedicated to a Big 12 school. Rolling Eyes

Which is exactly why aTm v LSU wasnt the primetime ESPN game. Still cant get out of UT's shadow! Evil or Very Mad

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

ESPN has a bias towards the entire SEC; they only have that bias towards one Big XII school.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our jerseys for homecoming Nov. 10th vs Tulsa
http://instagram.com/p/RIg7amoHsw/
Sick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Tell yourself what you have to, but I'm not getting into this with you again. You can bloviate about the relevance of the Big XII vs. the SEC for whatever reasons you wish, but I know that I'm watching a better team now in College Station than I was last year.

I might have agreed with you before this week, but this week was exactly the type of game A&M lost 6 times last year - played well enough to win, but repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. They very easily could have lost to Ole Miss which occupies the Texas Tech spot on the schedule except that they aren't even in the same ballpark as a difficult conference roadie (Texas did beat them 66-31 in Oxford if you need a comp). Current record is identical as last year except that last year the Aggies had a quality conference win under their belt (Baylor) while this year they have none. I haven't seen anything to make me think A&M has a prayer against Bama in Tuscaloosa (no shame in that), so the season comes down to beating a Miss St team, that is also a product of a cupcake schedule thus far, to have much meaning with Auburn, Mizzou, SHSU proving nothing growth-wise.

Again, the real point here is that the Aggies go to this conference that is just penciled in as the best conference every year yet the strength of schedule shows just how deficient the SEC is once you get past the big 3. At this point last year your 5-2 record still had you going to KState and Oklahoma and at home vs. Mizzou and Texas (0-4) while this year you get Alabama and swap in Sam Houston State instead of Texas (3-1 or 2-2). So much for this big STEP UP to the SEC when clearly the competition thus far has been a huge step down. I can almost understand this year since the out of conference schedule had to be scribbled on a napkin, but next year is even easier with New Mexico (3-33 from 09-11) in the Texas slot. Hopefully a few years into this thing, the Aggies will recognize that built in softness like Vandy, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and down Tenn, Auburn, Arkansas programs necessitate getting at least one respectable out of conference game back on the schedule.

The addition of West Virginia and TCU to the Big 12 and defection of A&M & Mizzou to the SEC added two top teams to the TOP of the conference while shedding two middling programs. Frankly, that sucks for Baylor as we have two more programs that have been at a higher plane than ours to contend with every season, but for all this SEC banner waving around here it seems like A&M avoided those two and UT, OU, OSU, KState and have only Bama, LSU, and Florida to deal with in exchange. Again, there is absolutely NO WAY an SEC schedule compares to a Big 12 schedule especially when 8 conference games vs. 9 affords further opportunity to pad records. The Conference Championship game would be an equalizer EXCEPT that the SEC hype even affords for 1 loss teams that don't win their conference to get in despite several fewer quality wins while Pac 12 or Big 12 teams don't (Stanford or OSU last year).

The way I see it, is that right now, saying the SEC is better than the Big 12 is like saying the NFC South or AFC South are better conferences because the Falcons and Texans are the top teams in the League. Sorry folks, if you don't think the NFC North is tougher than lets examine our record vs. GB, Chi, Det, Minn vs. Tenn, Jacks, and Indy.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A&M dabbled in decent out of conference foes with Clemson and Miami and got crushed. It'll probably be awhile before they're willing to open that door again.

When they do, I hope they work out some kind of 8-year plan where they do home-and-homes with Texas, Tech, Baylor, and TCU.

Don't mistake me--I didn't want A&M to move to the SEC once I understood that the conference was still viable, and I still wish we were playing Baylor, Tech, and Texas rather than LSU, Arkansas, and Bama... but my point has nothing to do with the quality of the conference. Also for the record, I stated on the College Football board that the Big XII is a better conference right now than the SEC. I'm pretty sure I got flamed to hell for it (I didn't try and go back to argue), but again, I'm not really talking conferences here.

I see an A&M team right now that has two players on the Heisman ballot, three guys who would be 1st-rounders if they leave after this year, an additional four guys who could all be justifiable 2nd-day picks, and a smattering of other guys who could end up drafted, as well. All five starters on the offensive line are likely going to play on Sundays. Our QB is, dare I say it, as electric as RG3 was for you folks in Waco.

The difference between this year's "collapses" and last year's is key: last year's team was blowing leads to opponents who were not better than A&M; they lacked mental toughness. The losses to Florida and LSU this year are coming because we're actually playing teams that are better than we are, man for man. Last year's A&M team doesn't beat Ole Miss OR Louisiana Tech, let alone Florida or LSU.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im starting to revert back to my original stance on Sumlin's offense.....ya we jump out to quick leads, because the SEC teams arnt used to facing his type of offense, but by the time the 2nd half comes around they've made the adjustments to solve it. I can't remember who said it, but someone on 610 said today, Sumlins offense requires the QB to play an A game every game, and you can't expect that from a freshman QB in the SEC or any other conference.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Im starting to revert back to my original stance on Sumlin's offense.....ya we jump out to quick leads, because the SEC teams arnt used to facing his type of offense, but by the time the 2nd half comes around they've made the adjustments to solve it. I can't remember who said it, but someone on 610 said today, Sumlins offense requires the QB to play an A game every game, and you can't expect that from a freshman QB in the SEC or any other conference.

Yeah the QB definitely has to bring their A game in Sumlin's offense. Manziel is doing a good job so far as a redshirt freshman. I remember when Keenum and Cotton Turner (backup to Keenum in 2010) got hurt and David Piland and Terrence Broadway (both freshman QB'S IN 2010) had to take over the reigns at QB. It took a while for them to get used to the offense, and as a result we struggled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

I don't really buy that. Every offense gets adjusted to. Nothing about the Sumlin offense is "easier" to adjust to than an I-Form power running team. Football is all about adjustments.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I don't really buy that. Every offense gets adjusted to. Nothing about the Sumlin offense is "easier" to adjust to than an I-Form power running team. Football is all about adjustments.

Agreed.

Sig by matthouston91
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC State lost the UNC-State game for the first time in six years. Giovanni Bernard returned a punt for a TD with 13 seconds left. Embarassing.

Sig by matthouston91
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Norte Dame game is one of the craziest i've seen in a while....

The Aggies looked dominate today, can't wait til they get their shot at Bama!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC State was embarrassed on homecoming by UVA today. One of the worst displays of football I've ever seen.

Sig by matthouston91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 7 of 30

Jump to: