You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official BAYLOR, A&M, NC State, and Coogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called the game today--the threes didn't fall and we had trouble dealing with their big(s). But we only lose one rotation player and get our best big man back from injury. I'd be surprised if we don't compete for the A-10 again next year.

Sig by matthouston91
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our NC State fan ought to be happy with himself.

I'm just happy I had Nova losing to Louisville so that upset didn't wreck me too hard.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:

I'm just happy I had Nova losing to Louisville so that upset didn't wreck me too hard.

I had Nova losing, it was just to LSU Sad

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^
shep0507

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had NC State winning this one, but I've gotten hit with some big misses. I listened to the talking heads about Iowa St and had them going to the Elite 8. That hurt.

Other than that and SFA, I'm not too bad off.
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, that pretty much destroys one half of my bracket. I was worried about the Michigan State - Virginia matchup, and turns out that was well-founded.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:

I'm less a fan than I used to be, but I'm actually not all that thrilled that NC State won. It means Gottfried is going to have to have at least 3 off years before he gets canned and the Pack will be stuck with mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

Sig by matthouston91
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per usual, I have 4 regions that look great but unfortunately they are on two different brackets. I am notorious for nailing a bunch of Thursday, Friday upsets then choking away 8, 4 ,2 because I spend all of my time researching the first rounds but can never nail a final which usually has me top 5 but out of the $$. Probably a holdover from my single days 20 years ago when 4 friends and I would hit Vegas for the Thu-Sun games & would pay for the trip off Thurs/Fri winnings and give most of the rest back at the craps table after far too many "free" Crown Royals. If you've never done it - IMO first Thu & Fri of tourney are the two absolute best days to be in Vegas & I've been there for Super Bowls, New Years, and the Tyson/Holyfield ear bite fight.

Friggin West Virginia was the worst Big 12 team I saw live all season and yet here they are along with OU (who I should have had winning the East, but I had Iowa St winning the South and didn't see two Big 12's in the final 4). I did nail Wichita St because I always bet against Kansas in the tourney. Wish I had gone all in on my tourney fav Michigan State again this year instead of buying into "the experts" and putting Virginia & Nova back in there in the East. Friggin Zags & Duke in the same region sucked because I always drop them early to counter all the noobs that think Duke is always a lock for the final 4 and think the Zags are still their "cinderella" team. I almost always go with the "team that doesn't belong" getting into the 16, but was burned by wanting SMU to make a run which meant dropping UCLA. Such an awful year for the Texas teams.

Out of 100 entries in my big $ league, 85 have Kentucky or Arizona (69/16) which makes me wish I had thrown in my 3rd bracket that had Wisconsin / Duke final instead of going cheap and only putting in two. If Notre Dame knocks off Kentucky, I'm going to really be crying over that bracket. Of course, there is a guy currently in 5th place that got 13/16 and all elite 8 still alive. First time in years I don't even have a glimmer of hope heading into the 2nd weekend.

IMO, this Kentucky thing has made this year really lame. Pretty much left to rooting for ANYONE to knock them off at this point for no other reason than not liking Cal (also rooting for the Lady Bears who are in their 7th straight Sweet 16 which is pretty incredible, but sadly I still can't bring myself to watch women's basketball aside from a final 4 or the occasional free ticket to take my daughter).

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've got 6 of the Elite 8 on my main bracket - the problem is those missing two included half my Final Four and one of my championship game contenders.

Remind me next March never to bet against Tom Izzo early in the tournament. Embarassed
shep0507

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:
Well I've got 6 of the Elite 8 on my main bracket - the problem is those missing two included half my Final Four and one of my championship game contenders.

Remind me next March never to bet against Tom Izzo early in the tournament. Embarassed

I've got 7 of 8 and all Final Four teams left in one bracket, with Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Duke and Michigan State. I'm 3rd in our bracket challenge, but that bracket has the most possible points. For today, go Irish and Badgers.
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So speaking of Izzo, 538 did calculations on how coaches did vis-a-vis expectations from seeding. Izzo, unsurprisingly, was the best.

And guess who was at the very bottom of that list?

*sigh*

At least we've got a new chapter coming.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UH taking over Texas recruiting.

HTOWNTAKEOVER. Wink Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats TF. Have always liked Houston, hope y'all can hang on to those guys.

Just know there is a long way to go. Especially if you aren't used to following recruiting, don't get attached to those guys.

Jordan Elliot went from being committed to Baylor for a few months, reaffirming his commitment two times, to decommitting, not having Baylor in his top 8 a month later, and then committing to Houston.

I think Houston can hope to have 3-5 fantastic years under Hermann and hope for some positive shenanigans with conference realignment. Right now, nobody want to have have Houston in the Big XII because all it does is eat at Texas's market ownership of Houston. However, if you're good enough, you can force the Big XII's hand (where Houston ultimately wants to be) if a conference like the ACC or whatever tries to enter in and snag the Houston market.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
Blaze

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:

Just know there is a long way to go. Especially if you aren't used to following recruiting, don't get attached to those guys.

Jordan Elliot went from being committed to Baylor for a few months, reaffirming his commitment two times, to decommitting, not having Baylor in his top 8 a month later, and then committing to Houston.

I think Houston can hope to have 3-5 fantastic years under Hermann and hope for some positive shenanigans with conference realignment. Right now, nobody want to have have Houston in the Big XII because all it does is eat at Texas's market ownership of Houston. However, if you're good enough, you can force the Big XII's hand (where Houston ultimately wants to be) if a conference like the ACC or whatever tries to enter in and snag the Houston market.
Just a hunch but i dont think UH ends up in the Big 12 because of UT. UH probably ends up in another Power 5 conf that wants to tap into the Southern region.

Also, the only thing keeping these recruits at UH is Houston proximity which worries me. If one recruit leaves and decommits, it could be a chain reaction just like how all of them are recently commiting. I pray we can keep Herman those 3-5 years but history tells me we wont. (Briles & Sumlin)

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:

Just a hunch but i dont think UH ends up in the Big 12 because of UT. UH probably ends up in another Power 5 conf that wants to tap into the Southern region.

Also, the only thing keeping these recruits at UH is Houston proximity which worries me. If one recruit leaves and decommits, it could be a chain reaction just like how all of them are recently commiting. I pray we can keep Herman those 3-5 years but history tells me we wont. (Briles & Sumlin)

Briles was there for 6 years IIRC and Sumlin was a bit of a unique case.

What I was saying about the realignment though is I think that if the Big XII was faced with Houston either going power 5 somewhere else or taking them in themselves they will take.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I like the enthusiasm Herman's bringing to the table for UH.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36

Jump to: