Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official BAYLOR, A&M, NC State, and Coogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
longhorntexan wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Am I the only Longhorns fan? Confused

No there's longhorntexan I believe.

Yes I am here. I'm pretty sporadic about posting though.

National Signing Day. woo.

Yippee. Another year of Mack Brown.

Hopefully Rick Barnes gets shown the door.

Barnes should of been gone a LONG time ago. He gets so much talent and does nothin with it. And Mack has gotten the same way.

Edit: and that's coming from an Aggie Laughing
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I've been wanting him gone for a couple of years now.

I was split back then because of how well he could recruit but this guy couldn't get to the final four with the Dream Team in their prime

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
^^^ I've been wanting him gone for a couple of years now.

I was split back then because of how well he could recruit but this guy couldn't get to the final four with the Dream Team in their prime

Texas will always be a football school first. Nobody here on campus at least particularly cares about the basketball team. If they're doing good, it's gravy. If not, oh well. So by that standard Barnes has been overachieving for the first 14 years on the job. I will always question his criminal use of time outs, but if anything he gets a pass this year for the total youth of the program and the shift in recruiting from the stud one and doners to the 4 year guys.

I'm done hating on Mack Brown haha. All signs point to one maybe two more years with the program, so I'm going to do what I do best and root for him to succeed. Recruiting class is small but not bad by any means. Theoretically we should be a shoo in to win the Big 12 next year, returning something like 19 out of 22 starters. But Ole Miss scares me with their insane recruiting class. Oklahoma State scares me, OU shouldn't scare me but it does, Baylor scares me, TCU scares me. Heck even Kansas State scares me. That's half our games! And half of those are on down cycles!

Sigh, I think i'm just destined to root for teams that disappoint. Sad
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I done think anybody would ever say that UT would ever become a basketball school Laughing That's just asinine.

Of course I'll be rooting for Mack to succeed but its obvious he has fallen off and can't succeed with superior talent.

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but if you take away VY and the national championship(that I lost A LOT of money on Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ) what would Mack Brown legacy be? Would he still be at UT?
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
No offense, but if you take away VY and the national championship(that I lost A LOT of money on Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ) what would Mack Brown legacy be? Would he still be at UT?

Not nearly as great.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Not nearly as great.

Yeah not even close. No offense taken LJC.

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

One of the two best games I've ever watched. I still have my UT National Champions shirt that I bought from Academy before class that morning.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

One of the two best games I've ever watched. I still have my UT National Champions shirt that I bought from Academy before class that morning.

I still can't believe USC ran White up the middle on 4th and 1...
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Mack Brown has never been a great coach, I think this is universally known. He was always heralded as a nails recruiter but I really think that the Texas brand did 70% of the work, he just gets in good with the mamas.

That being said, I think the success of VY and Colt have led to this mess. I'm still a pretty new longhorn but from what I've heard this program oozed complacency and entitlement just riding on the back of a transcendent quarterback and recklessly recruiting "the best" with no real evaluations. I would argue that if he did not stumble upon VY or Colt, the 9-10 win seasons would still be here with the talent we pull/pulled in and he would retire as one of the greatest UT coaches ever, just with no championships. Or maybe he does win one with Jevan Snead or Chance Mock at the helm, we'll never know.

I will say I hate the fact that he overreacts like a mother. Watch Bama run all over you, "That's it we're a power running team now". Watch WVU/Baylor/OU shred us with speed, "That's it we're an uptempo speed team now". Make up your mind and stick with it, sheesh.

Oh by the way, I grew up an aggie fan Laughing haha. I hated Vince and Colt and loved watching A&M upset UT every now and then on Thanksgiving. That all changed when I got my full ride to Texas and A&M offered me something like $4000.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ lol I used to be split but when I started being around a lot of aggies it turned me off from A&M. Not to say all Aggies are like them.

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
Underwood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:

Nope. I'm a huge Texas fan as well.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwood wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:

There's also like Longhorns90, I can't remember his/her name exactly but he/she exists!

Brings me to another point, are there any females on this board? I feel like there has to have been at one point or another. Not making anything out of it, just wondering. Question
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:
Underwood wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:

There's also like Longhorns90, I can't remember his/her name exactly but he/she exists!

Brings me to another point, are there any females on this board? I feel like there has to have been at one point or another. Not making anything out of it, just wondering. Question

Yup, a couple. BorntoFly and Samgurl. BTF has the relationship thread in TAST and Sam runs with the Pats.

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Mack Brown has never been a great coach, I think this is universally known. He was always heralded as a nails recruiter but I really think that the Texas brand did 70% of the work, he just gets in good with the mamas.

That being said, I think the success of VY and Colt have led to this mess. I'm still a pretty new longhorn but from what I've heard this program oozed complacency and entitlement just riding on the back of a transcendent quarterback and recklessly recruiting "the best" with no real evaluations. I would argue that if he did not stumble upon VY or Colt, the 9-10 win seasons would still be here with the talent we pull/pulled in and he would retire as one of the greatest UT coaches ever, just with no championships. Or maybe he does win one with Jevan Snead or Chance Mock at the helm, we'll never know.

I will say I hate the fact that he overreacts like a mother. Watch Bama run all over you, "That's it we're a power running team now". Watch WVU/Baylor/OU shred us with speed, "That's it we're an uptempo speed team now". Make up your mind and stick with it, sheesh.

Oh by the way, I grew up an aggie fan Laughing haha. I hated Vince and Colt and loved watching A&M upset UT every now and then on Thanksgiving. That all changed when I got my full ride to Texas and A&M offered me something like $4000.

Mack Brown turned UNC into a top 10 program while he was there, which takes tremendous coaching, so I don't know if I would say Mack Brown isn't a great coach. And he recruited well there, so I don't know if it's necessarily just that he's at Texas. But I think college football has changed in his time at Texas and I don't think he's been able to change along with it very well.

Sig by matthouston91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 17 of 25

Jump to: