Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official BAYLOR, A&M, NC State, and Coogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense sucks as usual. It's shocking that we are starting the season 0-2. Our WR's had too many drops, and Piland's arm isn't that good. Not the start I was expecting this season.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC State squeaked out a win at UConn yesterday. Mike Glennon is great, but the other players on the offense haven't put it all together yet. I still think they're a 9 win team. Two cupcakes coming up, then Miami, who has looked terrible this year. The game against FSU will be huge.

Sig by matthouston91
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shut out a cupcake team yesterday so nothing worth bragging about. I'm wondering though why more teams don't run or at least have a package featuring the triple option. It is outrageously annoying and at times they were picking up 8-9 yards a carry.

And Ash still doesn't instill a great sense of confidence in me. He seems to be a marginal upgrade over Garrett Gilbert. Indecisive, but a little faster and so far has avoided turnovers.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:
Shut out a cupcake team yesterday so nothing worth bragging about. I'm wondering though why more teams don't run or at least have a package featuring the triple option. It is outrageously annoying and at times they were picking up 8-9 yards a carry.

And Ash still doesn't instill a great sense of confidence in me. He seems to be a marginal upgrade over Garrett Gilbert. Indecisive, but a little faster and so far has avoided turnovers.

Triple option takes a whole lot of practice and repetition to run correctly. And the fundamentals of the whole offense are different; the linemen line up and block differently, the backs have to know how to cut block, the receivers cut block a lot, the quarterback takes a ton of shots. It's just not feasible to run as a package like the Wildcat.

Sig by matthouston91
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are 3-0!!!!!
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
We are 3-0!!!!!

Syracuse is going to be tough, though.

NC State had a decent win yesterday. Played South Alabama and didn't blow them out, but looked much sharper on offense than the first two games. It looks like State will settle in at 8-9 wins.

Sig by matthouston91
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
texandominance wrote:
We are 3-0!!!!!

NC State had a decent win yesterday. Played South Alabama and didn't blow them out, but looked much sharper on offense than the first two games. It looks like State will settle in at 8-9 wins.

Syracuse is gonna be tough. We lost Marquis for a while but I think were better off w/o him. Shorttell is a good QB. Although if he gets hurt, we start a true freshmen, who happens to be dating my cousin.
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
texandominance wrote:
We are 3-0!!!!!

Syracuse is gonna be tough. We lost Marquis for a while but I think were better off w/o him. Shorttell is a good QB. Although if he gets hurt, we start a true freshmen, who happens to be dating my cousin.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We almost beat the #4 team in the FCS in Montana St at their place yesterday but came up short. But it looks like we're fighting for 2nd in our conference after Sam with them actually hanging with Baylor last night untill the 4th quater.

Manziel was everything in aTm's win over SMU yesterday but with a cupcake in South Carolina State next weekend we should get a win.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always great to see USC lose! Really shakes up the national championship picture, even this early in the season

^LORK 88^
jargin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best play in all of college football so far this season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8jpouXQLpg&feature=plcp

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, jargin, the Ohio State catch was probably better.

Sig by matthouston91
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Baylor's real season wasn't gonna start until next week when we go to West Virginia, but this Friday's game vs LA Monroe should be great. It is gonna be on ESPN.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
I thought Baylor's real season wasn't gonna start until next week when we go to West Virginia, but this Friday's game vs LA Monroe should be great. It is gonna be on ESPN.

Sam Houston game was a good wake up call for Baylor and will give the coaches full attention this week. I personally like hovering around 27 in the polls as it keeps an air of disrespect fueling the engines and doesn't let us get too cocky before ULM which beat Arkansas and nearly took down Auburn this week and is clearly not to be trifled with. Was nice to see the defense wake up and get a W for the Bears this week as we all knew the d had to step up this year with the o taking some steps back with NF1 at the helm. Funny, I was telling Aggies that the SHSU was a major trap game for them coming off what I predict will be an ugly loss to 'Bama late in the season. SHSU is the cream of the FCS crowd.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
Always great to see USC lose! Really shakes up the national championship picture, even this early in the season

Ya but they only dropped to 11 and you know what they say, its better to lose early and win out than to lose late. I think they still have a shot a the BCS title game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: