Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On the Hot Seat with HT - update on Pg 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
I do not currently have any interviews ready to go. I have sent out a few interview requests, but have not heard back from anyone yet. If you would like to participate, or if you have someone you would like to see interviewed, please PM me.

Also, be looking for a special guest interview the week of the Cowpokes.

We should get the old man to be interviewed. Especially now that he has retired from his Modship.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO7, your wish is my command. Joining me this week On the Hot Seat is TSSS...

Usually, I start off by asking for the person's first name, but this time I gotta ask about that pic. Why an owl?

Quote:
Why this photo? Because owls are wise, graceful, insightful, and don't take any crap.

'Tis true. They are the honey badger of the bird world. Now, give us your first name.

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Ben.

How old are you and where are you from?

Quote:
I'm old enough to be an older brother to many of the forum faithful or the same age to be a friend. In other words, I'm old, but not that old.

What is your occupation?

Quote:
I work in international development, leading a global health policy team. We focus on issues such as women's and children's health, HIV/AIDS, etc.

That's actually pretty cool. What is your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
Happily married

What about kids?

Quote:
No kids. I was too busy babysitting the delinquents on this forum.

Any Pets?

Quote:
Two cats. They're brothers - orange tabbies.

Do you have any hobbies/interests?

Quote:
I play basketball from the fall to spring (although I dislocated my shoulder in March and just recovering), listen to plenty of music, go to festivals and concerts when I can, and I like to cook. I'm not a baker like the apron-wearing Des.

What's your drink of choice?

Quote:
During the day, I generally drink water. If you're talking al-ki-hall, then Macallan 18. I enjoy IPAs as well and prefer microbreweries.

How did you pick your screen name?

Quote:
Joined MouthOff, which came before FF but it folded for a couple of years, back in 1999 when the Boys were mediocre and then downright awful. Hence, the screen name.

How/when/why did you become a Dallas Cowboys fan?

Quote:
When I was 5 years old living in New Jersey. My aunt bought me a Tony Dorsett jersey, and that was it. I grew up a Cowboys fan in Giants country, as my uncle had a restaurant not far from the Meadowlands.

Who is your favorite current player? And all-time favorite?

Quote:
Current - Demarcus Ware and Bruce Carter. Ware for obvious reasons. Carter, I think he could become a really good LB, and I like how he quickly goes about his business.

All-Time - Tony Hill. I was a huge Tony Hill fan as a kid.

The player I dislike the most - Babe Laufenberg. The guy was awful. I have no idea how he got into TV and radio. It's not like he can offer any insights.

What is your favorite Dallas Cowboys moment?

Quote:
1989 - the Cowboys defeated the then unbeaten Washington Redskins (I think they were 11-0 at the time) for their only victory of the season.

Who would you like to see interviewed next?

Quote:
Webby

I emailed him, but he didn't respond. Maybe someday. He is like the great white whale to my Captain Ahab. Well, fellas, that's it for this week. Tune in next Friday for another edition of On the Hot Seat with HT.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, I find it fitting the he is a cat person. Laughing

(Shoots fired at Canada)

(America stands for Dogs)

In Redball I Trust!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do more than bake Laughing

^^^mack
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

But you admit to wearing an apron.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

But you admit to wearing an apron.

I did? Where?

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a few requests to have this next member join my On the Hot Seat, so my guest this week is LoneRang, I mean Despeardo82...

Des, start off by giving us your first name...

Desperado82 wrote:
Travis

How old are you and where are you from?

Quote:
23, from Western Maryland

What is your occupation?

Quote:
As of right now, college student. Been unemployed since last August and doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

And your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
Single, and after the last two relationships I plan on keeping it that way for a while.

Any kids?

Quote:
No kids, and don't plan on ever having any.

Do you have any pets?

Quote:
Just placed my last boy so as of right now I am dog-less. Hoping to get a puppy [inappropriate/removed] later this year.

Do you have any hobbies or special interests?

Quote:
I show Labradors in the AKC conformation ring, read (veterinary books, novels - mostly James Patterson or Stephen King), like to consider myself somewhat of a film buff, travel when I can.

I know that being a Mod of this forum has forced you to turn to drinking quite often. When the masses are really irking you, what is your drink of choice?

Quote:
Beer - Guinness or Sam Adams
Mixed - Jack & Coke or anything super fruity

How did you pick your screen name?

Quote:
Kind of a play off of my last username (LoneRanger90) and the 82 is for my favorite player of all-time

How/why did you become a Cowboys fan?

Quote:
My aunt was a Cowboys fan, and so when I was born my dad decided to make the Cowboys "my team". Of course, they would go on to win their three Super Bowls when I was 3, 4 and 6 so I was too young to remember them. But I've stuck with them ever since (although I did support the Broncos, Rams, and Ravens for a short time when they were winning Super Bowls Laughing )

Who are your current favorite and all-time favorite players?

Quote:
Current favorite is Witten, although Lee has been giving him a run for his money. All-time would definitely be Troy Aikman. I remember being 6 years old and having a jersey of his which was my favorite thing to wear. He's always been the standard when I think of a QB - tough as nails, may not have been flashy statistically over his career but when it counted he was dominate.

Finally, give us your all-time favorite Cowboys moment.

Quote:
Well, since I was too young to remember the Super Bowl runs and championships, my favorite moment that I've witnessed was probably Witten's helmet-less run against Philadelphia back in '07.

Thanks for participating. Guys, that does it for this week's edition of On the Hot Seat with HT. Tune in next week for another interview.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that language filter, [inappropriate/removed] is more than just a derogatory name for a woman!

^^^mack
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LR, I have reported you to webby. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joining me this week On the Hot Seat, is Texas_OutLaw7...

We all know you as TO7, but what is your real name?

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Do you know how long I have avoided everyone on this forum finding out my first name? Ages. And the first question you ask me to breakdown and reveal who I really am? You wound me HT, wound me.

My name is Spinks. Yes. Spinks. Not Sphinx. Not Spike. Not Spanks. It's Spinks. It's a family name, I am the 14th Spinks in the family (first born male gets the name, although all of our middle names are different so I don't sign my name with the numerical 14th at the end). And yes, I will name my son Spinks as well. Might as well get that question out of the way.

I like familial names, the H in my HT is my grandpa's first name as well. So, how old are you and where are you from?

Quote:
I am 24 years old, although I feel like I am 45 (you know that age where you are endowed by great wisdom and salt/pepper hair).

I was born in Caracas Venezuela, but (having recently discovered this) am a Natural Born Citizen to these here United States of America (all those years of jokes that I can't be President. Bwhahaha. ALL OF THOSE YEARS OF TORMENT - gone). I moved to Texas when I was 2 and grew up in the outskirts of Houston in Spring. Then I moved to South Florida (Weston) for a few years.

Only 24? WTH? I would have bet big money that you were at least 10 years older. What is your occupation?

Quote:
I have 4 current jobs.
-I am an Editor & Translator for the City Newspaper.
-I am a member of the B.R.E.C. (Broward Republican Executive Committee) in which I am responsible for political operations. But this is a non-major-election cycle so there isn't that much I have to do.
-In a few weeks, I will be working with the Miami Dolphins as an Activity Coordinator for their Home Games.
-But mainly I am an Event Manager. I have done sporting events, to concerts, to weddings, to speakers, to business meetings, etc. Virtually every type of gathering I have been involved with planning and executing. Fun job. The current owners I can't stand, though.

What is your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
Single. I have an on-again off-again fling that goes on. But we fight A LOT. Which makes for exhilarating night-time activities but also is a massive drain from a day-to-day operations standpoint.

Any kids?

Quote:
Not to my knowledge, no.

What about pets?

Quote:
Currently none, but I am dying to get a dog again. Always had one growing up. In fact my first childhood memory is me picking out my dog and bringing him home. I was sitting in my little red wagon why my dad pulled me and the puppy ran along the side. I will either be getting a Huskey (although that's brutal in Florida) or a German Sheppard. But I can't wait. By the end of the year I plan to get one.

My son wants us to get another dog and he wants either a Dalmatian or a German Shepherd. It's hard to go wrong with a GS. Anyway, do you have any hobbies/special interests.

Yeah. All of which are insanely nerdy.

Quote:
-Fencing
-Politics & Debate
-Reading (I love me a good book. Provides a wonderful escape from reality)
-Playing games (From Backyard Football with the boys where I broke my nose, to risk, to card games, to Playstation games.)
-Watching musicals.
-I love hosting parties. Because I am the evil SOB who tempts you into drinking far more than you should. I manipulate so many people it's hilarious.
-I am big into making people uncomfortable and pushing themselves. I ask a lot of morality questions, gauging responses and actions.
-Collect Swords (and medieval weaponry)
-Big X-Men geek
-Star Gazing
-Roller Hockey (can't ice skate for some weird reason)

Wait, what? You like to debate? None of us would have ever guessed it. Rolling Eyes What's your drink of choice?

Quote:
When I want to reflect on life, Oban Single Malt Scotch. At a bar either Rum and Coke (Cuba Libre) or Jack and Coke.

When I am entertaining guest I make Piņa Coladas. Mine are amazing and they are my absolute favorite drink.

Now hold up a second. After all the crap you used to give Des about liking fruity drinks and you admit that your absolute favorite drink is a Piņa Colada? Wow. How did you pick your screen name?

Quote:
While none of you will believe me, I am a contrarian at heart. I constantly take the opposing side of an issue just for the sake of taking an opposing side. In Debate Club everyone always called me an outlaw or a renegade. And given that I currently live in Florida, I wanted to pay homage to my roots. And 7 is my favorite number.

How/when/why did you become a Dallas Cowboys fan?

Quote:
The 1993 Superbowl. My Dad is a HUGE fan, and as a kid I preferred going outside and playing with him than watching it on TV until that game. I remember how happy my dad was and it was infectious. Been a fan ever since.

Who is your favorite current player? And all-time favorite?

Quote:
All Time who I never saw is Captain Comeback. Love the story and the videos.

All Time of who I have seen? The Playmaker. Loved his passion. I don't care what anyone says, there were times when he was more dominant that Rice. His performances were inspiring.

Current would have to be Senator Witten. To quote the marines and willingly want to sign a waiver risking your very life to play in the opening game is a man's man. Plus that headless run against the Eagles will always stay with me.

Finally, what is your favorite Dallas Cowboys moment?

Quote:
October 27, 2002 when Emmitt Smith broke the Rushing Record. A testament to sustained excellence and endurance. The atmosphere and energy that game is second to none.

Well, that's it for this weeks. I think we all learned few new things about TO7. Tune in next week for a special guest interview in honor of the Cowpokes.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fairly accurate picture of T_O...minus the yellow skin. Laughing

^^^mack
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO7 likes to debate? There's a shocker. Good profile.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a new page

htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost there

htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little bit more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: